Problem with the controller and wifi

Discus and support Problem with the controller and wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had the xbox one for quite some time, and I was playing it without any problems until recently. The console began to fail, it sometimes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lucía Cosío, May 14, 2024.

1. Problem with the controller and wifi

I have had the xbox one for quite some time, and I was playing it without any problems until recently.

The console began to fail, it sometimes struggles to connect to the wifi network and the xbox network. But the problem does not stop there, because if you go into settings and reconnect the wifi, it works. It is also worth mentioning that the controllers disconnected on their own, I could be playing and suddenly the controller would start to flash and disconnect. The controller I played with was the original one that came with the xbox, I also tried with a secondary one that I bought and it also failed, but as they are many years old I bought a new controller to see if it was the controller problem, and no, the problem persisted in the new controller. Is there a solution for the console?

:)

Lucía Cosío, May 14, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Lucía, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

I have seen this happen due to signal interference with other wireless devices in the same room, the way we were able to fix it was to turn off all devices and power them one by one, it ended up being the router.

That being said, the Xbox controllers have a proprietary wireless protocol:

"Xbox Wireless" is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft for connecting accessories to Xbox One consoles.

Like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Direct, Xbox Wireless enables controllers and select headsets to establish a direct wireless connection with the console."

Source*: https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-wireless

Which should not have interferences.

I recommend you perform a system reset on your console and try again, if the issue persists, it would be a good idea to submit a repair request.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  3. a123456a Win User

Wireless controllers disconnecting

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation!
  4. jandoedle Win User

Controller lagging/disconnecting unexpectedly

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Why can't I connect to my Xbox controller to my Xbox?

it is integrated, as are all components, and the problem is not the wifi, the controller uses bluetooth.
  6. a123456a Win User

Controller disconnecting

Please stop talking [Mod Removed] about the batteries.

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation.
Thema:

1. Problem with the controller and wifi - Similar Threads - Problem controller wifi

2. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  3. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  4. Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?: [img] My xbox wont let me get ti the homescreen, everytime i tried turning it on it took about 5 minutes to say xbox then it said the message above, before this happened there was another message...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. Controller problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problems?: Since getting my Series X back in January of this year, my controller likes to be a little funky. It's the standard controller that comes with the console first of all. The oldest of its issues...
  7. On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...: I am using Windows 11 and an Xbox One controller. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem, that the controller would stop being recognized by the system. The symptoms of that are Controller...
  8. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  9. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  10. Xbox controller problem on Steam.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problem on Steam.: I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the controller. One is climbing ladders and the other is...