Problem with 640x480 screen resolution in LG G2 OLED TV

Discus and support Problem with 640x480 screen resolution in LG G2 OLED TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently purchased an LG G2 OLED TV and I am having a problem, after configuring everything every time I turn on my xbox series X it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Makrod, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Makrod
    Makrod Guest

Hi,

I have recently purchased an LG G2 OLED TV and I am having a problem, after configuring everything every time I turn on my xbox series X it changes the resolution to 640x480, I reboot the console and the problem is solved but a few days later the same thing happens again, I have reset the console to factory but it does not solve the problem, I have contacted the technical service and they have sent me a new HDMI cable but I still have the same problem.

I think it must be a problem of the oled TV with the Xbox X series I have tried it on another model exactly on a 4k LG led TV this does not happen.

:)

Makrod, Sep 10, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Raikrod,

Thank you for your update.

You may submit a report directly to the Xbox team. They will love to hear your feedback for them what needs to be enhance and improve on the system.

Please don't hesitate to give them a feedback or any ideas.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Makrod,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox Series X where the resolution changes to 640x480 every time you turn it on, and you have to reboot the console to solve the problem.

This issue could be caused by a few different factors, such as a faulty HDMI cable, outdated firmware, or incorrect display settings. To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend the following steps:

1. Check your HDMI cable: Make sure that your HDMI cable is securely connected to both your Xbox Series X and your TV or monitor. If the cable is loose or damaged, it could cause issues with the display resolution.

2. Update your firmware: Make sure that your Xbox Series X is running the latest firmware. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update. If an update is available, download and install it.

3. Check your display settings: Make sure that your display settings are configured correctly. To do this, go to Settings > General > TV & display options. Make sure that the resolution is set to the native resolution of your TV or monitor, and that the refresh rate is set to the highest available option.

4. Reset your Xbox display settings: If the above steps do not solve the issue, you can try resetting your display settings to their default values. To do this, go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video fidelity & overscan > Reset display settings.

5. Check if Game Mode on your TV's setting make sure it's enable.

6. Try to plug in the HDMI cable to another ports on your TV.

You may check these support website:

Video on Xbox is stuttering | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Troubleshooting 4K and HDR | Xbox Support

I hope this information will help you to resolve your issue. We look forward for your response.

Happy gaming,

Microsoft Community Moderator.
  4. Raikrod Win User

I have tried everything you say and it doesn't solve anything, the Hdmi cable is new sent by microsoft.

I know what the problem is caused by the new power mode that was recently added in an update, if you turn off the console completely does not happen and if you use the suspension that can install the games even if the console is off also does not happen, this new power mode for some reason interferes between the console and the TV oled, this is no longer on my side to fix it.

This is already a known problem of xbox that has not been solved for years and I don't know why.

[​IMG]
  5. arttujärvi Win User

XBOX ONE X Bluray Player and Dolby Atmos Problems

6. phugor Win User

Xbox one resolution

If you switch your TV connection settings in the Xbox One settings from "Auto-detect" to HDMI or DVI it will display the only resolutions the Xbox One is capable of even if your TV doesn't support some of those resolutions. You can set it to 1080p, but
    if your TV doesn't support it the screen will go black. If you set it to 1080p and your screen didn't go black then your TV accepts 1080p, but your TV might scale it to 720p.

Unfortunately, many TVs don't accept either 1080p or 720p, so without 1080i output the Xbox One is forced into standard definition 640x480, which by Microsoft's own admission is not recommended. 640x480 resolution on a system meant to display in HD looks
    terrible and it makes the Xbox One look worse than the Xbox 360. Many of the Xbox One's main features do not even work in 640x480 like the big app tile goes to a black screen and when snapping apps the left screen goes black. Not to mention that any on-screen
    text is illegible and the system is letterboxed even on a widescreen TV because 640x480 is a 4:3 resolution.

Microsoft could easily fix this by adding 1080i output in an update, but they have been ignoring this, even though it is one of the biggest requests on their new feedback site.
Thema:

1. Problem with 640x480 screen resolution in LG G2 OLED TV - Similar Threads - Problem 640x480 screen

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  4. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  5. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  6. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  7. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  8. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  9. Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems: Out of all my friends, I have one friend that I do not get notifications that they are online, cannot join their games and this is the same for all of his friends. Even with them on his friends...
  10. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...