Problem 'purchasing' Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition

Discus and support Problem 'purchasing' Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for the past day to get free Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition from the Xbox store with no luck. All I keep getting is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LitSnow, Jan 25, 2016.

1. LitSnow
    LitSnow Guest

I have been trying for the past day to get free Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition from the Xbox store with no luck. All I keep getting is Sorry, this offer is not valid in your region.

I am located in Canada. My Xbox's location is set to Canada. My Microsoft account is set to Canada. The Xbox marketplace page where I go to 'purchase' Witcher 2 is set to English (Canada).

I have been through myriad steps online with Xbox support. Tried for an hour to get the purchase to go through, tried it on my surface 3 pro through edge, chrome, explorer, different links to the Xbox 360 games page, then, on my phone, and all I keep getting
    is Sorry, this offer is not valid in your region.

Help! Please.

:)

LitSnow, Jan 25, 2016
  2. FlintyGull79
    FlintyGull79 Guest
    Mature Rated Action Adventure RPGs on Xbox One...

Needs more of these on Xbox One with The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition type in game content and etc., just saying folks!

FlintyGull79, Jan 25, 2016
  3. If you could have only ONE game this year, what would it be?

The Witcher 2 assasins of the king enhanced edition....

lordcontrataca302011, Jan 25, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Do you have your DNS settings altered to make your network think you're in a different location or are you using a VPN (Virtual Private Network)?

If this is the case that could be why you are getting that message.

onyxishere, Jan 25, 2016
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Yeah if your are using a vpn to make you looking like you are in the US for American Netflix that would be why

You would need to turn off the vpn

Also you might want to try the region migration tool incase you have splits region

ngocphi, Jan 25, 2016
  6. LitSnow
    LitSnow Guest
    My DNS settings aren't altered, and I'm not using a VPN.

I've tried the region migration tool the past couple days, and I just get 'there's a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you, and try again later.'

LitSnow, Jan 26, 2016
  7. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Can you log in at commerce.microsoft.com and let us know the country code that comes up on the drop down menu for currency? (ie. US, UK, CA, etc).

onyxishere, Jan 26, 2016
  8. Davee Cee
    Davee Cee Guest

GB - Personal account. DNS is my router followed by Virgin Media DNS I would assume. No VPN.

Davee Cee, Jan 26, 2016
  9. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Hey Big Daddy. Thanks for the info. However for better and more personalized help can you please create a new thread detailing your issue? Thanks.

onyxishere, Jan 26, 2016
  10. LitSnow
    LitSnow Guest
    Logged in at commerce.microsoft.com, comes up with CA for currency

LitSnow, Nov 2, 2018
  11. lordcontrataca302011 Win User

If you could have only ONE game this year, what would it be?

The Witcher 2 assasins of the king enhanced edition....
  12. ClammiestPort8 Win User

The witcher 2 release date announced

The Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings features over three hours of new content from the PC edition, but that's not all fans can look forward to.

The game will come in two editions: The Enhanced Edition (which comes at no additional cost) and The Dark Edition ($99.99):

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings The Enhanced Edition

Original soundtrack CD with in-game music

World Map – A map of the game's world

Quest Handbook – The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings The Dark Edition (includes all the content from the Enhanced Edition, plus the following)

Making-of DVD – All the cinematic materials related to game – trailers, dev. diaries, gameplay footage, interviews, and making-of video

The Witcher Medallion – A wolf head metal medallion on a chain

Artbook – Extensive, hardcover, 232-page documentary of game's graphical assets with descriptions. Includes concept art, cover renders, and stories behind the arrt of The Witcher 2

Stickers – Three stickers with Witcher 2 graphics

Dark Edition Box – An elegant, thick, cardboard box to hold all your valuable Dark Edition contents

Furthermore, various pre-order goodies are available for the early birds.

GameStop – Exclusive wolf head keychain

Amazon – Exclusive digital comic book

Best Buy – Exclusive T-shirt
    www.gameinformer.com/.../the-witcher-2-for-xbox-360-deluxe-editions-amp-pre-order-details.aspx
  13. Big-Pete Win User

I can Play other NTSC games, even NTSC-J games on my XBOX 360 but i cant play "The Witcher" which is also a NTSC game format/region. WHY?!

You need to check whether the version of the game your trying to play is region locked or not.. A good site for info is Play-Asia.com.

Also, do you mean The Witcher 2?

Play-Asia Witcher 2 Region info
  14. QCxOBAKOKAINxN1 Win User

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  15. onyxishere Win User

Hey Big Daddy. Thanks for the info. However for better and more personalized help can you please create a new thread detailing your issue? Thanks.
Thema:

1. Problem 'purchasing' Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition - Similar Threads - Problem 'purchasing' Witcher

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...: Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game content? My xbox live server is active and working bfb4c5da-ad80-4c72-a8cc-a799343174b4
  4. When will the ‘Purchase and content usage’ problem be resolved?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the ‘Purchase and content usage’ problem be resolved?: When playing my games that I have downloaded it always makes me lag and so I went into the network settings and it came up saying that I’m experiencing the purchase and content usage.After that I...
  5. "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem: Im a developer, 15 years in. If I cant figure out **** is wrong thats not on me. I tried to buy a minecraft expansion. I get that insanely unhelpful message. I log out log in, etc. Oh then I...
  6. Hi, Forza Horizon 4 Koenigsegg Agera RS purchase Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, Forza Horizon 4 Koenigsegg Agera RS purchase Problem: I bought the multi car pack that included the Koenigsegg. It won't let me download the Koenigsegg, but let's me download the other cars purchased. I tried to repurchase it, but it says "looks like...
  7. i purchased ea24 and installed it no problem the 2 weeks later my game is installed but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i purchased ea24 and installed it no problem the 2 weeks later my game is installed but...: game is purchased and installed but when i try play it says i need to purchase it 98e90c89-8e42-402e-ad8c-dd2f7e4393d6
  8. Problems with downloading any game gamepass and purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with downloading any game gamepass and purchased: i upgraded my pc including new ssd with fresh windows install and went into microsoft devices and removed my old pc and when i purchased forza 5 i was not able to download the game along with any...
  9. Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in...: I'm living in Spain, but have relatives in the Philippines, I'm trying to buy Minecraft Java and Bedrock for my younger cousin in the Philippines, and for that I've gone to:...
  10. hello i have an problem with 1 of the purchased product

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello i have an problem with 1 of the purchased product: Purchased Product is an game Sea of Thieves it was purchased in 20 of june 2020 and science 2021 or even earlier (dont remember corectly sry) game refuses to lauch i bought it in steam,when i try...