Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is

Discus and support Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have a game on cd (Dragon Age inquisition) i have also purchased an upgrade for it via the marketplace. i have it downloaded to my xbox and it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RodneyAL, Dec 13, 2023.

1. RodneyAL
    RodneyAL Guest

Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is

i have a game on cd (Dragon Age inquisition) i have also purchased an upgrade for it via the marketplace. i have it downloaded to my xbox and it says missing cd and redirects me to the marketplace. then i try running it offline and it says i need to be connected to the internet which is complete BS! i have the xbox set as my home xbox and other cd and marketplace owned games i have work fine online/offline. i was recently playing the game for a few hours so it shows there was nothing wrong with the download , and there is nothing wrong with the cd drive cause other cd games work. the only thing the cd does is proof of ownership which i have proof of via achievements, the fact that i have it downloaded in the first place and purchases for an upgraded version via marketplace and of course the cd and case. I also remember the controversy when the xbox one released in which that you had to download the games to play them which they justified by saying so it runs the games better and doesn't have to run off the disc and risk the disc being damaged.

After Looking online and seeing a few problems similar to mine i have cleared the Blu ray cache and yes i have hard rest set a dozen times in effort to get it to work and now it says the cd is dirty and damaged ,and in all my years of gaming and dozens of Cd's I've owned i don't think I've ever seen one so flawless. Not a scratch not a scuff not a smudge nor a piece of dust or lint.

The only source of the problem i can see is coming from the market place on Microsoft/Xboxes end. I say this cause at first it tried to direct me there just to buy it again which i find HIGHLY suspect. Also via history , because about year or 2 ago i had a problem playing this same exact title and it was because licensing in the market place had changed. but after deleting and re-downloading a few times the game eventually it just started working, i am hesitant to delete it again because its trying to place the problem on the cd being damaged which it is not! and I know the download is not corrupted because i was just playing it recently for a few hours and it worked fine. also other cd owned games i own run fine on the same Xbox.

:)

RodneyAL, Dec 13, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello RodneyAL,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello RodneyAL,

Thank you so much for trying the steps I provided above and I am sorry for the experience you had when contacting our dedicated Xbox Live support. It should not be like that; they will be able to double check everything for you and for the best possible troubleshooting. Please try to reach them out on a whole new tab and please make sure to explain everything to our dedicated Xbox Live support. Please contact them again and provide them with all the information they need so that they will assist you thoroughly.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Moderador de la comunidad de Microsoft
  4. RodneyAL Win User

So i was finally able to contact support and went to request a call, I was on the line for a totall 2 hours and 50 minutes .

they said they where going to assign me access the game via the market thanks to the support agent i was talking to but first he had to transfer me to an "Higher Authority " i waited about 45 minutes be fore i was reconnected with someone. who confirmed they where giving me access via the market. He then asked me to wait. I WAITED FOR AN HOUR AND TEN MINUTES!!!

I hung up and reconnect via the site and the steps to get in contact talked to them about what had happened the guy gave basic I messages of communication and trying to sympathize with me. he then said he was going to talk to his supervisor he said he was not going to place me on hold and silence his phone so he could get me answers right away. I WAITED AN HOUR AND TWENTY FIVE MINUTES !!! THEN THEY CUT THE LINE!!

Then I Tried to Reconnect via the site again get in contact with them and they BLOCKED ME saying its having trouble processing this!
  5. RodneyAL Win User

so I have tried your first step and it takes me to where ive already been i have the game and add ons downloaded , I'm not sure what to look for in terms of "valid license for the game" because wouldn't it be the tangible copy that i own?

so then i go to the marketplace and it doesn't have a price for the game itself but shows a price for other versions , so i went to my account billings and found my purchase and it brought me to that page and said i owned it unlike the other page , it was as if the market was hiding my purchase in order to get me to buy another. HIGHLY SUSUPECT.

Not to mention the weird lag/freezing/unresponsiveness from the market place and this web page that was not there initially and i don't usually experience day to day. HIGHLY SUSPECT.

kind of like someone trying to cut a call that isn't going there way.

the reason i mention this is because awhile back my search engine was weirdly deleted and all i had access to was a Microsoft search engine and everything worked fine on it till i went to there competitors search engine then is would freeze and lag and cut access to them all together.

and for the second step like I MENTIONED BEFORE i am hesitant to delete Again for this specific problem now because its trying to lay the problem on the cd being damaged which it is not , and also it acts as proof/evidence of ownership. because i had to get the download somehow from the cd i purchased! which i was forced to download taking up storage under the guise of running it better and not directly off the cd to risk damaging it!

i already went to the customer support and that's what sent me here in the first place. your request a call was not available , i guess try step 9?? because i wanted to talk/be in communication with a person live.

This experience brings to mind the classic story of a bully stealing lunch money but instead of the money, steals your lunch and then try's to sell it to you again

JUST TO SUMMERIZE: 1)What does the valid game license look like where you sent me to look for it?

2)Go to Step 9 in your response? cause i want to talk to someone because ive already searched the limbo of your articles of solutions and similar problems
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello RodneyAL,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to play Dragon Age Inquisition on your Xbox. Based on the information you've provided; it seems like the issue may be related to licensing or a problem with the marketplace. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and purchases here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

1. Check your Xbox Live account to ensure that you have a valid license for the game. You can do this by going to the "My Games & Apps" section, selecting the game, and then checking the "Manage Game" option.

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

2. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that resolves the issue. Make sure to clear the Blu-ray cache before reinstalling. (I know you tried clearing Blu-ray but try this one again)

If the issue still persists after following the steps I provided, it would be perfect if you contact our dedicated Xbox live support since they will be able to double check your account as well as your game license for the possible issue.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is - Similar Threads - Problem Getting Game

2. Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures": I have been using the Xbox game bar to screen record usually but I was running out of storage. I moved the captures to a hard drive and when I started to record something else on my game bar it...
  3. Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “: It’s not the update or trouble shooting cuz I already did that . It’s been months since I played my disc game cuz everytime I insert it , this message appears . It’s also not letting me install...
  4. The problem with getting achievements in the series of games The walking Dead

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The problem with getting achievements in the series of games The walking Dead: Going through the first season of The Walking Dead, I ran into a problem when I completed an episode but didn't get an achievement. This was with several episodes in the game. I followed the...
  5. Having a problem with dead rising 4 multiplayer , as game starts i get bumped out to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having a problem with dead rising 4 multiplayer , as game starts i get bumped out to my...: Dead rising 4 , still lets me play single player story, but not multiplayer , i created a guest profile to see if i could figure anything out , and i did, my guest profile can play dead rising 4 ,...
  6. General Question: If we get an error message in a game and report a problem against the...

in XboX Insiders
    General Question: If we get an error message in a game and report a problem against the...: Tried searching but didn’t see anything about it. Just curious. Been experiencing an error message that doesn’t impact the gameplay just annoying. Realized I reached out to Activision but failed...
  7. I cant get on a game i share with a freind is there a problem on xbox are is it my side

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get on a game i share with a freind is there a problem on xbox are is it my side: I cant get on my game i share is the problem at my side are is ther a problem with xbox 00a2e74b-435f-4e84-9ac8-be079728366f
  8. game pass problem not being able to get games

in XboX Insiders
    game pass problem not being able to get games: hello to everyone i was having this wierd problem that i paid for game pass ultimate yesterday today was all good until now it says i need to join game pass to get a game pass game until now i...
  9. How to get help on problem with order of XBOX 360 free game with GOLD ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get help on problem with order of XBOX 360 free game with GOLD ?: Hi, Does anyone know how to contact proper customer services ? I tried several times with my local French customer support, but they always reply with different excuses, something like "I can't...
  10. How do I get in contact with Playground Games there is a big problem with my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get in contact with Playground Games there is a big problem with my game: I just need to get l hold of them cause some important changes did not happen in all regions. Atleast not my region eeebfb6b-469c-4923-bb5f-ca53dee7f226