Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

Discus and support Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cristie March, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install button went grey, and I could no longer interact with it. This happened to all games. I tried then to download them from the Xbox app, because I thought it might be logged out. When I launched the Xbox app, the black window with white Xbox icon opened, the task started running in task manager. It stayed like this for about a minute, before the window closed and the task ended. I am unable to install anything from the Microsoft store right now. I have run troubleshooters (they could not find the problem). I repaired the apps from settings (no luck). Resetting did nothing either. WSReset.exe did not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox app, but no luck there. I ran an in-place update for Windows 11, as a person describing a very similar problem said that this worked for them, but it did not work for me. At this point, I have no clue whatsoever on what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Cristie March, Dec 18, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app