Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free ...

Discus and support Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Today I was playing 2K17 just fine and having a great time, and when I was about to leave to go out it still was working. Now 3 hours later when I try... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BlackWolf5634, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free ...

Today I was playing 2K17 just fine and having a great time, and when I was about to leave to go out it still was working. Now 3 hours later when I try to start it up it says i need to buy the game when I already had it. I go to the store expecting to be
    able to get it back for free and it wants me to buy the base game again. Please if you can help me with my issue.

:)

BlackWolf5634, Jun 5, 2017
  2. maxen
    maxen Guest
    I bought game but I can't download it (it wants me to buy it again)

Hi, there's a possibility it's related to today's Service outage.

support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Try again when the issue clears up, or tomorrow, and see if it's any better then.

If not, post back here and let us know.

maxen, Jun 5, 2017
  3. wwelcu
    wwelcu Guest
    I bought game but I can't download it (it wants me to buy it again)

I bought Game of Thrones ep.1 just few minutes ago, but there was some issue at the end of the purchase. However I got e-mail from MS with billing information and it confirmed taking my money from my bank account (also checked my bank account and the money
    has been taken by ms) but I can't download the game. It says shows the price tag instead of 'already own' and I can't download it. Also checked my download history but the game isn't there.

wwelcu, Jun 5, 2017
  4. Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free ...

Hey there BlackWolf5634,

How did you purchase the game originally? Do you own it via a disc or did you purchase it on the Xbox Store? Or did you possibly obtain it through Game Sharing?

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Jun 6, 2017

5. The problem with that is I just had it and i never gameshared with another person. I don't even know how I got it because it was just there. I know it sounds weird but i have clips of me playing the game.

BlackWolf5634, Jun 6, 2017
  6. I also for some reason have titanfall 2 in my ready to install when i never bought the game

BlackWolf5634, Jun 6, 2017
  7. Did you buy your console new or pre-owned? How long have you had it? It's possible that a previous owner had the console set as their home console and games are appearing randomly because of that. It's also possible that you had obtained these games during
    a free-play weekend. If you've never purchased it though, that would explain needing to make the purchase to play it again.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 2, 2018
  8. Mister Mascot Win User

Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free anymo

I also for some reason have titanfall 2 in my ready to install when i never bought the game
    Did you buy your console new or pre-owned? How long have you had it? It's possible that a previous owner had the console set as their home console and games are appearing randomly because of that. It's also possible that you had obtained these games during
    a free-play weekend. If you've never purchased it though, that would explain needing to make the purchase to play it again.

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  9. BlackWolf5634 Win User

Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free anymo

Hey there ,

How did you purchase the game originally? Do you own it via a disc or did you purchase it on the Xbox Store? Or did you possibly obtain it through Game Sharing?

Let us know!

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.

The problem with that is I just had it and i never gameshared with another person. I don't even know how I got it because it was just there. I know it sounds weird but i have clips of me playing the game.
  10. BlackWolf5634 Win User

I also for some reason have titanfall 2 in my ready to install when i never bought the game
  11. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there BlackWolf5634,

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  12. CameronSamson... Win User

When sharing an Xbox, I can no longer own the new free Xbox gold games.

Thats exactly the problem! Once we stop sharing I dont have access which is why I want to own the game for free as well and not just him. But i can't do that becuase the own the game for free option disapears and is replaced with an install the game instead.
    Ive checked my account so I know i dont actually already own it and he does.
Thema:

Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free ...

1. Problem accessing a game I own but now it wants me to buy it, and I can't download it for free ... - Similar Threads - Problem accessing game

2. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  3. Problem with accessing the paying methods

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem with accessing the paying methods: Dear Sir or Madam I need help, i bough minecraft on the offical game and all and so i made an agreement with my dad that i'll remove his credit card from my microsoft account after the purchase...
  4. Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later: What is the problem I can't access to my Xbox 360 live MOVED FROM Bing / Other b81f3f0a-e003-4eae-a783-b18c93b80a86
  5. Early access problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Early access problem: I pre ordered starfeild premium edition and the early launch is supposed to start today but every time I try to launch it, it tells me I’m too early 2fa7be15-12cd-49e1-baf5-09a5968e89a1
  6. problem access fifa23 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem access fifa23 online: i have problem with fifa23, your account dont have the privilege to access this feature…i have an active xbox game pass ultimate subscription until next year. any solution?...
  7. Problem with online access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem with online access: I am 36 years old and signed into my Xbox account but when I play online it tells me I need to add an adult for certain content. When I got to add an adult it won’t let me do it as I am already...
  8. Hi I'm have a problem with ny game not Launching with a error saying Windows cannot access...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I'm have a problem with ny game not Launching with a error saying Windows cannot access...: Hi I'm have a problem with my game not Launching with a error saying Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item....
  9. I have Enforcement problem, I can't access the chat room or party and send a message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Enforcement problem, I can't access the chat room or party and send a message: I was trying to tell him by these shortcut [mod removed] =" for know you was killing us in game" but I was in hurry so I couldn't complete the sentence and my English not that good I wrote this by...
  10. Problem, i can no longer access to my game + because issues of managing content of today.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem, i can no longer access to my game + because issues of managing content of today.: Good evening, today I just had a problem, in the day I pre ordered (so bought) Mass Effect Andromeda on my cousin's account, however I can't access it because with the problem related to content...