Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

Discus and support Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nolan Dargert, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here.

The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a recent game I’ve played within a year or two. Why did SOME videos get randomly deleted, while others stayed? Is it possible to recover said videos?

If somebody could help me, that’d be great.

:)

Nolan Dargert, Mar 1, 2024
  2. Nolan Dargert Win User

I KNOW about the update. It’s been happening to my captures well before that and STILL does it even AFTER the update.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Nolan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Starting last January, clips that are over 90 days old will be automatically deleted.

As to why some weren't, I am not sure.

If you uploaded it to One Drive, you may still be able to download it.

Please, try it here:

https://onedrive.live.com/

Sign in with your Microsoft account.

I hope this helps.
  4. RyanUS Win User

Xbox just reset after interal drive after update

Everything functioned just fine up until today for me. Im apart of the Dashboard Preview group too. Did your xbox get a random 1.3GB update and format/reset itself? Mine and a few others did and I would like to know why. The sign in issue is just an annoyance
    on top because I cant even recover my cloud files. My xbox formatted itself because of some random update from xbox live and I would like to know why.
  5. Skipper7066 Win User

Minecraft World Saves

Deleting and re installing on my xbox one did not work, and there was no update available for my xbox. Tomorrow I will have access to my xbox one s which has my updated save. Im still not sure why I cant get that latest save onto this xbox.
  6. ATGZ GeneralSIN Win User

April 01 system update issue

the new update deleted all my purchased videos on xbox videos
Thema:

1. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted? - Similar Threads - Prior update why

2. Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.: Why would my Xbox Home checked option on my second xbox become unchecked? After setting up 3 xboxes on Xmas day logging into all 3 with the main account setting them to home Xbox. Was working fine...
  3. I got 5 prior suspensions on my xbox am i gonna get banned after next one

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got 5 prior suspensions on my xbox am i gonna get banned after next one: I got 5 suspensions on past/prior am I going to get banned after next one? e4a6fcb7-48df-495c-b524-1afe84001a70
  4. Requirement: You must have no prior Enforcement actions against your account within the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Requirement: You must have no prior Enforcement actions against your account within the...: I was going to join the ambassador team when I was met with this Requirement: You must have no prior Enforcement actions against your account within the last year was not met. only word I said I...
  5. how do you transfer prior purchases from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do you transfer prior purchases from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft account: I have purchased multiple XBox games thru the Microsoft Store and would like to transfer them to a new Microsoft account that I've created. I am not finding any apparent way of doing so....
  6. Refund denied based on lmit reached-never purchaed or refunded prior????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund denied based on lmit reached-never purchaed or refunded prior????: Could someone out here please explain how i could be denied a refund of in game purchase made within 24 hours with the reason being reached my annual limit when i have never purchased anything...
  7. Can I recover my gamer score from my prior account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my gamer score from my prior account?: A long time ago my Gmail was hacked. The hacker did such a good job Google wouldn't give it back to me. After a while someone acquired the phone number I used to have and I texted them and told...
  8. External Damage prior to Service Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Damage prior to Service Repair: I had my XBox Series X for 4 months and all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. I sent in a service request to repair it and followed all the directions (I bubble wrapped it with multiple layers and...
  9. Xbox App on PC does not recognize prior installations?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on PC does not recognize prior installations?: I had to format my PC and reinstall windows. I have the 107GB Forza Horizon 5 installed on another disk. Why cant the Xbox App for PC recognize those files instead of forcing me to download the...
  10. Xbox One will not recognize Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and worked prior...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One will not recognize Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and worked prior...: After I had an update on my Xbox One, I now cannot play any Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible. They worked fine before the update. Now I just get a message saying my disc may be...