Prime Video gives Error 7083 when trying to play videos on Xbox 360

Discus and support Prime Video gives Error 7083 when trying to play videos on Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got given an old Xbox 360 from a friend. I set-up the connection to wifi, downloaded my profile to the console, and downloaded the Amazon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dougie_B, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Dougie_B
    Dougie_B Guest

I recently got given an old Xbox 360 from a friend. I set-up the connection to wifi, downloaded my profile to the console, and downloaded the Amazon Video app to watch my purchased videos. However, when I try to play any video, it gives me Error 7083, and asks me to choose a different video to play. All of them do the same. Is there a solution to this error?

:)

Dougie_B, Jul 7, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

3. JohnGooder Win User

Error Code 7083 in Amazon Prime Video

I am having the same issue for over a week. After 2 hours on the phone with Amazon Tech, it doesn't seem to be a Prime issue.

Is Microsoft doing anything to resolve the issue?
  4. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Error Code 7083 in Amazon Prime Video

Hello!

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We recommend creating a new thread with a detailed description of the issue. Thank you again, and we look forward to hearing from you!
  5. Sgt Robbins 56 Win User

Xbox One and Amazon Prime Video.

I checked the list and have done all they have listed. I have reset the router, factory reset the box, uninstalled and reinstalled the Amazon Prime video.

I have spent 5 hours with amazon support and 2 hours with Xbox support. I have an Xbox One and Xbox One X that have the same problem with Amazon Prime Video.

I can go into Prime Video, select a video, the video will play, I hear the audio but have a black screen.

I have tried the Xbox on two T.V.s. I tried the Amazon Prime Video on the Xbox 360 and it works.

Amazon Prime Video is worked up until 10 days ago. And is the only video app not working correctly.
  6. TanviA Win User

Amazon Prime is Available in India, Why XBox App for Prime Video is not available ?

Need support to install Prime Video on XBox 360
Thema:

1. Prime Video gives Error 7083 when trying to play videos on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Prime Video gives

2. Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...: Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV if those services have the same movie available to buy? I keep seeing post regarding Movies Anywhere and...
  3. Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games: I have a problem with the Prime Video app on Xbox Series S. If I attempt to open or uninstall my Prime Video App, it breaks all other applications and games on my console. The Prime Video app...
  4. Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox: When will Amazon fix their app on Xbox? It hasn’t worked since October 2023. It just loads and loads, then says “Something went wrong!” I’ve tried troubleshooting with Xbox AND Amazon several...
  5. Screen ratio problems on Prime video app

in XBoX on Windows
    Screen ratio problems on Prime video app: The Prime video app on my Xbox One has had issues with the ratio for the video player since an update on Saturday. The screen has been pushed down by the top black bar as seen in the attached...
  6. Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023: Since the update this week both netflix and prime video no longer launch. When you click on them literally nothing happens, the app doesn't even try to open. They were both working just before the...
  7. Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,: Running all the correct cables and settings, bar turning off HDR, as I shouldn't have to change settings every time I want to watch one app. But Amazon Prime, 10 minutes into any show and it...
  8. Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?: I had the Amazon Prime video app registered on my xbox one and de-registered it today without meaning to. Is there a way to remotely re-register my Amazon Prime video to my box by using my phone?...
  9. Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video: Hello everyone, can you tell me if it is normal that my SERIE X does not display UHD with the Prime VIDEO app? I have a JZ1000 and the native TV app works fine....
  10. Prime Video App Update?

in XBoX on Windows
    Prime Video App Update?: I noticed a couple days ago the thumbnail changed, so I assumed some type of update occurred? Well you may want to retest it, cause it's pretty biffed. 16bf43db-26d7-442d-aaee-fbd7f85dbb34