Preview update issue, Can't connect to Xbox Live. please help.

Discus and support Preview update issue, Can't connect to Xbox Live. please help. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was sent a message saying that I was selected for a preview program on my Xbox 360. I thought it was a scam so I did not download it in fear of a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tballinger54, Jun 27, 2015.

1. tballinger54
    tballinger54 Guest

I was sent a message saying that I was selected for a preview program on my Xbox 360. I thought it was a scam so I did not download it in fear of a virus or something. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting problems the code that I was giving by
    "James" the employee. The code is: [Mod Removed]. He told me that there was nothing else he could do and to post on this side of things. My previous post was on general discussion and no one replied. James told me that you guys would
    have to fix the account problem from your end...Please help me.

:)

tballinger54, Jun 27, 2015
  2. tballinger54
    tballinger54 Guest
    Preview update issue, Can't connect to Xbox Live.

Preview update issue; and or Can't connect to Xbox Live.

tballinger54, Jun 27, 2015
  3. i didn't update my console and now i can't connect to xbox live. please help me

i can't connect to xbox live after i didn't update my console, please help

CzweMangaLover2, Jun 27, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. If you received a message via Xbox Live then it should have been an official invite. Any issues can be posted to the preview forums at this link. forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

However, invites do not come via email. If you received one from there and clicked a link we cannot help you.

Also, any error code you receive over Xbox Live will never be only 10 digits. There is nothing anyone here can do to help you out. I'm not sure how this code cropped up for you. If you can provide a little more information then perhaps we might be able
    to point you in the right direction.

onyxishere, Jun 28, 2015
  5. tballinger54
    tballinger54 Guest
    the code was giving to me by a volunteer support person after we went through all the troubleshooting problems

tballinger54, Jul 10, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Was this official support or an ambassador? Phone support goes through very specific steps before sending a message which includes you receiving an access code to your email.

onyxishere, Jul 10, 2015
  7. tballinger54
    tballinger54 Guest
    It was a chat with a volunteer from the community.

tballinger54, Jul 12, 2015
  8. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately codes are not sent by ambassadors nor would invites to the preview program come through your email. Preview invites are only sent via Xbox Live Messages.

onyxishere, Jul 12, 2015
  9. tballinger54
    tballinger54 Guest
    That's how it was sent to me, but I thought that it wasn't legitimate so I did not download then after I did the regular update the problems started happening. When I go to turn my x box on if it is connected to the internet or my live profile is the auto
    sign it will sit there for as long as I let it with the loading circle spinning but it never signs in. The same thing happens if I try to sign in after x box has been turned on and reconnected to the internet. I downloaded a buddies live account on x box
    to see if that was the problem but the profile worked perfectly.

tballinger54, Aug 3, 2015
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Can you start by making sure your console can connect to Live properly.

So if you haven't already, go through the following steps and let us know how that goes.

Go to Xbox Network Settings and select your connection type. Select
    Test Xbox Live Connection.

If the diagnostic test doesn't fail, go ahead with the next step, as follows:

Delete Xbox LIVE profile safely

Before you delete your profile you have to know the username and password for your Microsoft account that is associated with your profile.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select All Devices.
    4. Select Gamer Profiles.
    5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    6. Select Delete.
    7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Clear Xbox system cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. Repeat this process three times in row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
    2. Select Download Profile.
    3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    4. Enter your Microsoft account password.
    Let us know us know if you were helped by this.

taidara, Aug 4, 2015
  11. tballinger54
    tballinger54 Guest
    It worked! Thank you so much this has been a problem since late May early June. Again thank you

tballinger54, Aug 4, 2015
  12. taidara
    taidara Guest
    And thank you for reaching out on the Xbox forums to be helped with your situation.

Happy gaming and play safe!

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Mister Maka Win User

Preview Dashboard MAJOR problem. Need help.

Hey everyone.

If you're no longer in the Xbox One Update Preview and you have issues please create your own thread detailing the issue so we can best help you out.

BLOODxENIGMA, you should be good to go to the access the
    Xbox One Update Preview forums. If you still can't access it, please create a new thread and let us know.
  14. BeingAsARosie Win User

How has this preview update been allowed!?

With the new update it connects to my internet but not my xbox live and to just add to the problems i can't even get into the preview dashboard to report a problem.

And xbox says they can't help that I'll have to go though these forums and try get a hold of someone who works for the program
  15. Auswulf Win User

Are they working on a new update?!

If you are referring to the Xbox 360 yes there is an update planned soon to work out and fix the networking issues with the console. Hopefully it helps, a lot of people seem to be having issues connecting to Xbox live on the console. Don't know the ETA but
    a sign up for the preview is currently available. A preview takes roughly a month so maybe April or May a console update will be available to everyone.
  16. Mister Maka Win User

UPLOAD STUDIO WON'T INSTALL

Hey CharmCitysKing!

Sorry to hear the trouble you're having. Just to make sure, are you currently in the Xbox One Update Preview? If you are, this is definitely something worth heading on over to the
    Xbox One Update Preview forums for. If you're in the preview and still can't access those forums please let us know.

Slim5hdy, It sounds like your issue is a bit a different. Can you please create a new thread describing your issue so we can best help you out?
  17. Paleblack13 Win User

Xbox One Preview Program update issue

I have an issue where my thumb drive can't be found after the preview update I tried to go to preview forum but can't be found please help! Thumb drive worked prior and continues to work on other devices (use the drive for vides)
Thema:

1. Preview update issue, Can't connect to Xbox Live. please help. - Similar Threads - Preview update issue

2. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.24.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.24.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. Not getting update for omega Xbox preview

in XboX Insiders
    Not getting update for omega Xbox preview: I got a couple questions can I regain my tenure if I leave on accident thinking if I was leaving the Xbox update preview thing and also I’m not getting a mandatory update for Omega submitted by...
  5. Preview Beta update bricked my console...

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Beta update bricked my console...: I had recently made a post about my Xbox not recognizing any local wifi area networks, and now it's not accessing wifi despite being plugged in with an otherness cable directly. Internet works...
  6. Insiders Update Preview Delta Achievement Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Update Preview Delta Achievement Issue: I'm part of the Delta Ring of XBox preview, and just recently(within the past day or so,) my achievements are no longer popping up on screen when unlocking. I'm only getting the notification on my...
  7. Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox: My Xbox Series X console says it was last updated on 2 October 2023 OS Version: 10.0.25398.2258 (xb_flt_2309zn.230918-2000) Shell Version: 2309.0.2309.18001 I believe I am part of the Omega...
  8. Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories

in XboX Insiders
    Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories: I recently bought an Xbox elite controller and wanted to use the paddles as keyboard keys for forza horizon 5, however that's only an option for inside members, luckily I've been one for the past...
  9. Is the Xbox Update Preview worth getting now? or does it still cause a lot of issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Xbox Update Preview worth getting now? or does it still cause a lot of issues?: Have seen all the posts complaining about issues with it but nothing too recent, so was just curious. Also is it worth it? Are there any changes? submitted by /u/spies4 [link] [comments]
  10. Issue with Xbox Update Preview Omega

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Xbox Update Preview Omega: Hi guys, Signed up for the new update preview yesterday and I believe it’s all supposed to be working as I’ve done everything correctly - according to release notes it should have been available...