Preview Member Unable to communicate through chat headset

Discus and support Preview Member Unable to communicate through chat headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was using my Xbox One chat headset and it was working fine and one day my controller turned off and my console went into idle mode and I have lost... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by THE2K8KING, Nov 9, 2017.

1. THE2K8KING
    THE2K8KING Guest

I was using my Xbox One chat headset and it was working fine and one day my controller turned off and my console went into idle mode and I have lost the ability to use my microphone through my Microsoft chat headset. I have contacted support and we have
    done all of the troubleshooting steps to try to fix my headset issues. I can hear people through my headset but my mic is not picking up my voice. My Gamertag is:

:)

THE2K8KING, Nov 9, 2017
  2. aytch aytch
    aytch aytch Guest
    Chat headset transformed into malfunctioning Stereo Headset!!!!

Hi,

It seems that my controller (chat headset) was updated with stereo headset firmware and I am only using a chat headset...

This has resulted in game audio coming through my chat headset and I am unable to chat unless I hold the mute button down!

XBox one online support chat is also offline - Using my PC now.

aytch aytch, Nov 9, 2017
  3. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Voice messaging coming to Xbox One!!

They've been saying this is something they will be adding ever since before the system has come out. Unless you have a date of when it will be here, nothing else is new.

At the least you could have posted the damn tweet.

Edit: Oh look, it's coming in the April update. That would have been the new info we're looking for. Looks like it's rolling out to preview members tonight.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/26/x...s-party-chat-updates-and-more-now-in-preview/

Check out the list below for features in the April preview update that are starting to roll out tonight:
    • Voice messages – Xbox One preview program members will be able to compose and playback voice messages in the messages app when snapped on Xbox One. Quickly and easily record audio to send to your friends or others through your snapped messages app accessed through a simple quick double tap of the Xbox button. Additionally, voice messages can be exchanged between Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles.
    • Dedicated servers for party chat – We’re enhancing party chat with dedicated chat relay servers that will enable Xbox One owners that may have historically had NAT issues to party chat more reliably. Parties where players are unable to form direct peer-to-peer connections for party chat will automatically leverage dedicated server infrastructure to relay traffic. This service is only enabled for parties where one or more members are previewing the April system update.
    • What’s On – The Xbox engineering team is continuing to experiment with the What’s On area, which highlights popular videos, movies, TV shows and game broadcasts. We’re continuing to test different experiences for preview members in the U.S. and this month, the preview of this feature is being expanded to Canada and the UK as well.

IndieRock, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Mister Beep Win User

South Park Stick of Truth

Hey Bhandsomeman,

Thanks for reporting the issue through the preview program. Since you're a member of the Xbox One preview program, we are unfortuantely unable to directly assist. However, the best route to take is to visit our Preview
    Program forums for further assistance/information.

Thanks!
  5. Jason Lazette Win User

No 360 wireless headsets will be compaitible for X1?

m.ign.com/.../xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets

Quote: While game audio will be available through the system's optical port, in order to support chat communications, headsets will be required to make use of the new connection type.

So to answer my own question...sound yes, chat no...but I guess you can just chat through kinect instead
  6. blazeuz Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

im having the same problem my chat works threw kinect but not threw my headset i can hear but can not talk can any one let me know if this has been fixed or how to fix it i was told it is a update for preview members
  7. BChaps Win User

XB1 Chat Adapter Problem

I'll post this in the preview section as well, thanks.

I know for a fact that it's not the ambient noise. It still does it when the volume is off on the monitor.

...and it repeats chat that's only coming through the headset (not TV)

Thanks for the responses though.
  8. RobbyH2J2 Win User

Can't be heard in xbox chat

I tried out without and with the preview program and I think that that isn't the problem. I was still unable to be heard when I was talking to my friends. I don't know what the problem is. Also my xbox never came with a chat headset so I don't have one.
Thema:

1. Preview Member Unable to communicate through chat headset - Similar Threads - Preview Member Unable

2. xCloud Preview on iOS - new member

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud Preview on iOS - new member: Hello all! So I just got invited to participate in the xCloud preview on iOS. I only have Halo: MCC collection as an option. I thought that there were over 50 games in the xCloud library - like...
  3. Alpha Preview Member - Preview Build Gone

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Preview Member - Preview Build Gone: Hello fellow insiders. I've searched the last week or so since the latest Alpha release and I can't find any posts on this. As the title says I am an Alpha Insider and I've had the Alpha Preview...
  4. Preview member- black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Preview member- black screen of death: After the latest update i have ran in to the black screen/ no video input bug. I contacted customer support who then told me to post here. Can i please get some help with my xbox?...
  5. [PREVIEW MEMBER] Xbox One Bricked after Preview Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    [PREVIEW MEMBER] Xbox One Bricked after Preview Update: After turning on my xbox after having it offline for a while I was prompted for an update. Considering everything I okayed it and updated the console. Upon completing the update my console has...
  6. Preview member (youtube)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Preview member (youtube): 3/18/13 update at 4:40am now my youtube account wont stay synced. i connect via cell phone but once i exit the app on the ONE or restart it has me signed out again. spent nearly 1hr in chat this...
  7. i am a preview program alpha member and i cannot start any games or apps due to new update ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am a preview program alpha member and i cannot start any games or apps due to new update ...: i cannot start any games or apps due to the new update it says just getting started constantly hasent worked all day 15/05/2017 eacb3c3a-1d49-41f1-b738-45e87469ec91
  8. preview member (message issues)

in XBoX on Consoles
    preview member (message issues): for a good 6 months now i useing the ONE i have not been able to send messages text/voice through the 360 dash. i have been using a back door of sorts to 1st find a player, type in the name, send...
  9. Become Preview member with Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Become Preview member with Xbox 360: I reckon it would pretty cool to become a preview member if you had an xbox 360 because i haven't had enough money to get an xbox one and i really support microsoft and i want to get the latest...
  10. Error code: 0x80072EFD Console "refuses" to update. Preview member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code: 0x80072EFD Console "refuses" to update. Preview member: I woke up this morning to play my Xbox one and the console said that it needed an update of 386MB. When I tried to download said update, however, the update failed and it brought me to an error...