Preview member- black screen of death

Discus and support Preview member- black screen of death in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the latest update i have ran in to the black screen/ no video input bug. I contacted customer support who then told me to post here. Can i please... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PePpErEdNuTs23, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Preview member- black screen of death

After the latest update i have ran in to the black screen/ no video input bug. I contacted customer support who then told me to post here. Can i please get some help with my xbox?

:)

PePpErEdNuTs23, Sep 13, 2018
  2. FYF Dumpy
    FYF Dumpy Guest
    Requesting Access to Preview Program Forums

I am a member of the Preview Program and since the new dashboard update all I get is a black screen after the initial green startup screen. I cannot view the Preview Program forums. It keeps saying group not found.

FYF Dumpy, Sep 13, 2018
  3. ShadowAckers
    ShadowAckers Guest
    Xbox not working 100%

At least your Xbox works man. I've had this "Black screen of death" for days now and not a single xbox support staff member nor community has been able to help.

ShadowAckers, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

For issues with the preview program, you'd want to post at the Insider Reddit - Xbox Insiders

Smwutches, Sep 13, 2018
  5. I have posted there as of now. I was told by support to post in here. How long is the usual wait for any response?

6. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest
    Hi,

When does this black screen occur? During gaming or at startup.

PetryBosch, Sep 13, 2018
  7. During start up, every so often it will make it till just before the xbox ball animation before freezing. Most of the time it's all black

8. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest

Ok, can you try to do a factory reset?

1. power off your console by pressing the xbox key on the front for aprox 10 seconds
    2. when powered off, press and hold, the binding/sync button + the eject button + power button
    3. wait untill you will hear 2 beeps (aprox 10 to 15 second)
    4. release the buttons and a menu will apear on the display from where you can do a factory reset.

PetryBosch, Sep 13, 2018
  9. I have tried this a few times, the screen never comes up. I never hear multiple beeps. I have also tried holding all the other button combos just incase. I have been trying to fix it for almost 12 hours now attempting different combos and even trying to
    cool it with a fan

10. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest
    With overheating you will normally be able to boot, it will then show a message that the device did turn off because of cooling issues. Is the device still covered by warranty?

PetryBosch, Sep 13, 2018
  11. I was insured by the rep that i called it was not an overheating issue. The fan was before i called this morning. I am out of the traditional warranty but should be covered under the preview member. I believe i am alpha.

12. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest
    Ok, the best thing to do now is official support and repair (by Microsoft). Feel free to share any results you get. I like to know what was causing this issue.

Best wishes,

PetryBosch, Sep 13, 2018
  13. Preview member- black screen of death

when talking to them i was told to contact the Preview Membership support through this forum. She stated that i could be reimbursed or have my console replaced through them.

14. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    There are a handful of threads on the Insiders Reddit dealing with the issue.

After Restarting For The Update Xbox won't Turn Back On : xboxinsiders

Xbox won't respond after attempting to restart after Preview Update : xboxinsiders

Black screen of death/ no video input : xboxinsiders

Insider support seems to be asking people to leave the unit plugged in, and let it sit for 72 hours. There are also people who have been told to send it in for a replacement.

Keep an eye on the Reddit forums, as they have the most current info for Xbox Insiders issues.

Echo4Ent, Sep 13, 2018
  15. Thank you i will keep this in mind

PePpErEdNuTs23, Nov 3, 2018
  16. PePpErEdNuTs23 Win User

I have tried this a few times, the screen never comes up. I never hear multiple beeps. I have also tried holding all the other button combos just incase. I have been trying to fix it for almost 12 hours now attempting different combos and even trying to
    cool it with a fan
  17. Echo4Ent Win User

There are a handful of threads on the Insiders Reddit dealing with the issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...ter_restarting_for_the_update_xbox_wont_turn/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/9flg6n/xbox_wont_respond_after_attempting_to_restart/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/9fk3vk/black_screen_of_death_no_video_input/

Insider support seems to be asking people to leave the unit plugged in, and let it sit for 72 hours. There are also people who have been told to send it in for a replacement.

Keep an eye on the Reddit forums, as they have the most current info for Xbox Insiders issues.
  18. PePpErEdNuTs23 Win User

when talking to them i was told to contact the Preview Membership support through this forum. She stated that i could be reimbursed or have my console replaced through them.
  19. PetryBosch Win User

Hi,

When does this black screen occur? During gaming or at startup.
  20. PePpErEdNuTs23 Win User

Thank you i will keep this in mind
Thema:

1. Preview member- black screen of death - Similar Threads - Preview member black

2. xCloud Preview on iOS - new member

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud Preview on iOS - new member: Hello all! So I just got invited to participate in the xCloud preview on iOS. I only have Halo: MCC collection as an option. I thought that there were over 50 games in the xCloud library - like...
  3. Alpha Preview Member - Preview Build Gone

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Preview Member - Preview Build Gone: Hello fellow insiders. I've searched the last week or so since the latest Alpha release and I can't find any posts on this. As the title says I am an Alpha Insider and I've had the Alpha Preview...
  4. [PREVIEW MEMBER] Xbox One Bricked after Preview Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    [PREVIEW MEMBER] Xbox One Bricked after Preview Update: After turning on my xbox after having it offline for a while I was prompted for an update. Considering everything I okayed it and updated the console. Upon completing the update my console has...
  5. Preview member (youtube)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Preview member (youtube): 3/18/13 update at 4:40am now my youtube account wont stay synced. i connect via cell phone but once i exit the app on the ONE or restart it has me signed out again. spent nearly 1hr in chat this...
  6. help preview member battlefield 1 black screen won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help preview member battlefield 1 black screen won't load: Purchased battlefield 1 for my Xbox one console and haven't been able to play for over 24 hours. It loads the guy with the gun then goes black like it's loading and after awhile it just crashes to...
  7. preview member (message issues)

in XBoX on Consoles
    preview member (message issues): for a good 6 months now i useing the ONE i have not been able to send messages text/voice through the 360 dash. i have been using a back door of sorts to 1st find a player, type in the name, send...
  8. Preview Member Unable to communicate through chat headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Preview Member Unable to communicate through chat headset: I was using my Xbox One chat headset and it was working fine and one day my controller turned off and my console went into idle mode and I have lost the ability to use my microphone through my...
  9. Become Preview member with Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Become Preview member with Xbox 360: I reckon it would pretty cool to become a preview member if you had an xbox 360 because i haven't had enough money to get an xbox one and i really support microsoft and i want to get the latest...
  10. Error code: 0x80072EFD Console "refuses" to update. Preview member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code: 0x80072EFD Console "refuses" to update. Preview member: I woke up this morning to play my Xbox one and the console said that it needed an update of 386MB. When I tried to download said update, however, the update failed and it brought me to an error...