Presale and pre download question

Discus and support Presale and pre download question in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I preorder the DG version of Destiny and had a few questions. 1) Why is it in download que? 2) Has there been a statement why we have to wait until 12... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Epic Pappy Time, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Presale and pre download question

I preorder the DG version of Destiny and had a few questions. 1) Why is it in download que? 2) Has there been a statement why we have to wait until 12 PST instead of midnight in our time zone? I have waited patiently since the beta and can wait a few more
    hours but was just curious.

:)

Epic Pappy Time, Sep 6, 2014
  2. DEMON GST
    DEMON GST Guest
    Day One Edition Question

Day 1 special 12month live card with killer instinct round 1 download and character come with some of the walmart presale editions bundles. 559$ and 679$ bundles.

DEMON GST, Sep 6, 2014
  3. WiseDragon
    WiseDragon Guest
    WiseDragon, Sep 6, 2014
  4. T0PP HATT
    T0PP HATT Guest

It's in the que cause it has to fininsh d/l the rest of the game..Kinda like intalling other games, when it installs so much of the game, you can start playing it whilst you start playing the game...

And yes, Bungie said they done the pst time so the servers wouldn't crash (basically)...So my question is: What if no one bought the digital guardian but went with the disk instead? What would Bungie have done then? Only let so many start at midnight? I
    call *** on the 3 am deal....

T0PP HATT, Sep 7, 2014
  5. Pres Skroob1
    Pres Skroob1 Guest
    The retailer sets the release date, not Bungie. Bungie has already stated that the servers will be live once it's midnight somewhere in the world. Microsoft (the store where you bought the game from) set their release time to 12:01am PST, 3:01am EST.

If you went with the disk version, you would be able to play it as soon as it installed the appropriate amount. You would not have to wait until 3:01am EST to play.

Pres Skroob1, Sep 7, 2014
  6. Ah alright. I don't really understand the wait on just preorders. Maybe all the initial crashes and start up glitches will be fixed by then. I will take it as Microsoft keeping us from raging at servers going down and such. Also a bit lnger nap for extended
    play.

Epic Pappy Time, Sep 7, 2014
  7. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Well, the servers should be up and running in a few hours, since it will be 9/9 in New Zealand in a couple hours.

Eggnogga, Sep 8, 2014
  8. uait
    uait Guest

Server are up, you can see plaiying on twitch.

(If you have the hard copy you can play wherever you are)

If you have digital copy you have to wait till 09/09 comes in your country

uait, Sep 8, 2014
  9. jaxl1423
    jaxl1423 Guest
    yep servers are live with people playing, theres already a few people level 25+ running around

jaxl1423, Sep 8, 2014
  10. The 12 PST thing is definitely a Microsoft thing. Most things on the store such as new games and sales usually aren't available at 12 EST on the Xbox Store its been that way for years. I was not suprised at all when they announced all the US preloads would
    unlock at 12PST.

Nemesis121804, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: