Pre-Load Red Dead 2

Discus and support Pre-Load Red Dead 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2. Pre-loading started October 19, 2018. On October 23, I attempted to pre-load the game. I don't have this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by clay_k_daniel, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Pre-Load Red Dead 2

I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2. Pre-loading started October 19, 2018. On October 23, I attempted to pre-load the game. I don't have this option: instead, it only gives me the option to "play". When I attempt this, I get a message saying something
    along the lines of "you're too early, come back on release date". The game itself does not appear to have downloaded on my console at all, yet I don't have the option to pre-load. The last thing I want is to fire up the game Friday, then wait three days
    for the giant game to download (when I could have already pre-loaded).

Any advice?

:)

clay_k_daniel, Oct 23, 2018
  2. XXTOXICDOG
    XXTOXICDOG Guest
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Download date!

Hello, does anyone have any information as to when the pre-load will start for Red Dead Redemption 2, Also the correct file size? Thanks!

XXTOXICDOG, Oct 23, 2018
  3. How much gamerscoer you earned this month.(oct 2011 edition)

about 3,000, baught a load of games this last month, Gears 3, Dead Island, Red Dead Redemption, Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, FIFA 12 and RAGE

Marwood II 87, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Pre-Load Red Dead 2

Hey Clay,

If it is showing that it is available to play and not giving you the option to download then it is likely already installed on the console. I had the same issue with Forza Horizon 4 and suddenly when it released it appeared in my games and apps.

NathanielLarson, Oct 23, 2018
  5. If you check the install size of the tile on your console it should be around 88gb if it is you possibly have auto updates enabled so it has already done it for you

The Viral Cyrix, Oct 23, 2018
  6. matthewiag
    matthewiag Guest
    Hello,

If you go to My Games and App, Find Red Dead 2 and then press the Menu Button, Manage Game and then if it is a 100MB file delete it, Go back and then go to your Ready to Install list and locate Red Dead 2 and then you should be able to download the full
    games if it is available.

matthewiag, Nov 2, 2018
  7. H3adshak3r Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

I checked this for my and my brothers account and that is the result. Looks a little bit strange or? On My Account the Ultimate Edition is listed twice. I think this is not correct and on my brothers account ultimate edition is missing. Pre-Order Bonus is
    correct, because i have it bought and my brother not.

My Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (War Horse)

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (Treasure Map)

Brothers Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

8. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Pre-Load Red Dead 2

If you check the install size of the tile on your console it should be around 88gb if it is you possibly have auto updates enabled so it has already done it for you
  9. matthewiag Win User

Pre-Load Red Dead 2

Hello,

If you go to My Games and App, Find Red Dead 2 and then press the Menu Button, Manage Game and then if it is a 100MB file delete it, Go back and then go to your Ready to Install list and locate Red Dead 2 and then you should be able to download the full
    games if it is available.
  10. NathanielLarson Win User

Pre-Load Red Dead 2

Hey Clay,

If it is showing that it is available to play and not giving you the option to download then it is likely already installed on the console. I had the same issue with Forza Horizon 4 and suddenly when it released it appeared in my games and apps.
  11. H3adshak3r Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

Each profile can set ONE console at a time as their home console and any other profile on that console can then play that profiles digital games and use its subscriptions without the profile with the
    ownership of the games and subscriptions being signed in at the same time.
    Good to know, but if i got my own console and this new console to my home console then this did not work anymore on the old console right?

So i set the console to my home console on my account to an now it works - he has all the Content of the game, but i think this is not the solution for the initial Problem, because he bought and installed a seperate copy of the full
    game (Ultimate Edition) and so it should work without my account set to home console so that i share my game data with him.

And that is the real Problem which should be solved. So i checked what is installed on the console under his profile and compared it to my profile:

His installed game files:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Horse

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Treausre Map

My installed game files:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Horse

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Treausre Map

So we both have installed exactly the same game files, but if is only logged in, Nothing of the Special and ultimate edtion either the pre order Bonus stuff is loaded and accessible in the game. And that ist no correct. So what's the
    Problem?
Thema:

Pre-Load Red Dead 2

1. Pre-Load Red Dead 2 - Similar Threads - Pre Load Red

2. Not getting more than 10MB/sec to pre-load a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting more than 10MB/sec to pre-load a game: I have a 1Gbps connection and I'm only getting up to 10MB/sec. I should be getting up to 100MB/sec. What is wrong with Microsoft's servers? Are they capped or what? Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4GHz -...
  3. Why can't I pre-load Diablo IV to my XBox? The notice said it would be available to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I pre-load Diablo IV to my XBox? The notice said it would be available to...: The Diable IV Ultimate version shows up in my purchase history. When I go to manage it shows 'You own this' and when I click it I get the error 'Check back in a little bit. We're having trouble...
  4. Diablo IV pre-load Xbox series S what is the download size?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo IV pre-load Xbox series S what is the download size?: I downloaded Diablo IV pre-load Xbox series S but it was only 40GB isn't it supposed to be 90GB? Game starts tomorrow at 6pm CST. 753fbb2a-6a4e-46f7-b074-7e0faff5a770
  5. Why cant i pre load my diablo 4 ultimate edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i pre load my diablo 4 ultimate edition?: Hi.i have pre ordered diablo 4 ultimate edition on my series x and the pre load isn't showing up but I can pre load the deluxe and standard edition . 8de2f62f-033d-4022-bab3-0d54b2c043ca
  6. open looking for group when pre load goes up

in XboX Insiders
    open looking for group when pre load goes up: this way the community can grow in advance and we can find others to play with before actual launch cmon xbox and please let us use looking for group on the app and send and join invites from...
  7. Hogwarts legacy pre ordered but no pre load.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts legacy pre ordered but no pre load.: I pre ordered hogwarts legacy digital deluxe to play it early but the game seems to not have an option to pre load though it should and I would like to play it when it hits release tomorrow but...
  8. I Washington gona pre load warzone 2 and got mw2 for free instead how do i give back mw2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Washington gona pre load warzone 2 and got mw2 for free instead how do i give back mw2...: I downloaded mw2 on accidentell for free 23c723c8-f19f-40cc-b968-b69c21d4334a
  9. Why when I try to load mw2 or halo infinite and other games pre a to start the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I try to load mw2 or halo infinite and other games pre a to start the game and...: My xbox I think is broke cus mw2? I was playing kick me out of the game and now I can't even lunch nothing ed3e88e0-60c1-4c47-a51a-3d1751c3c4db
  10. Halo Infinite Campaign Pre Load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Campaign Pre Load: Hi Everyone, I was just wondering what the exact steps are to pre load the campaign for halo infinite on game pass pc. Thank you 5babdab9-5a0e-4944-af7c-71e649c0f713