Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

Discus and support Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Pschirki, Mar 20, 2024.

1. /u/Pschirki
    /u/Pschirki Guest

Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymorePowered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update :(

Tested the Hub with my PC and everything is fine.

Is this a result of the ban of non-supported accessory maybe?

submitted by /u/Pschirki
    [link] [comments]

/u/Pschirki, Mar 20, 2024
  2. Kurtis Lloyd Win User

Xbox Series X Seagate 2TB SSD connection weak

There isn't enough power on the bus for the card and the external guessing platter HDD

You need to get a powered USB 3.0 hub, that comes with an external power brick
    This was the first time I've had issues with it. I set the system up when I had the original Xbox one around 2015 or 2016 and the USB port layout has stayed the same when I switched to the newer Xbox Series X. The only difference was the switch from a USB 2.0 hub to a 3.0 hub

Since the Xbox Series X has more up to date USB ports, I doubt it would be a lack of distributed power

USB Port Layout:

x1 - USB 3.0 HDD plugged directly into the port on the Series X

x1- USB 3.0 Hub 4-Port (Not independently powered by a power brick)

1. USB 3.0 SteelSeries Headset receiver
    2. Empty
    3. Empty
    4. USB 3.0 Seagate SSD
  3. JediMasterBolt1 Win User

Xbox one Console suddenly not seeing External drives, even brand new backup console.

Same it has to be a bug in the update I have a series x as well and my usb hdd works on every other device I have except for my series x now since the update
  4. annix Win User

Xbox installed games not showing / missing - how to fix?

I've had this happen on my One X, is your console set to power saving mode or instant on? Usually after a power loss or moving my console this happens, and keeping it on instant on prevents it. You also want to make sure that if you're using a USB hub
    that it is a powered hub, it may be that your USB is drawing too much bus power to properly power all the devices you have plugged in - a USB hub with it's own power supply should alleviate this.
  5. Beefhart Win User

Xbox one Console suddenly not seeing External drives, even brand new backup console.

OK

My console isnt picking up my USB HDD after the latest FW update ( series X )

The drive in question is working fine on every other device i use it on still.

I use it for game captures and it isnt showing up in storage devices under settings, or the media player app.

any ideas?
  6. joekhaJiit Win User

Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on the front USB port of the Xbox Series X?

I understand that, I have since connected both of my 2 External Hard Drives to the 2 rear ports on the Console - both have their own power supply.

I have a 4 Port USB hub that is connected to the front USB port. There are 4 ports that make up the Hub, each with its own on/off switch. I do not have a power supply connected to this USB Hub at this time.

I have been able to use the new USB 4 Port Hub (which I have connected to the front USB port of my Xbox Series X) to power my Wireless Xbox Headphones Dongle, Charge Controllers, Charge My Wireless Xbox Headset, etc.,etc.,etc. Anyways looks like everything is fine now.
Thema:

1. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update - Similar Threads - Powered USB Hub

2. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  3. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  4. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  5. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  6. Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.: Until recently, I was able to plug my controller into my console with a USB cable, then plug speakers into the controller, and the controller would stay on indefinitely. Now it turns off after 15...
  7. Xbox usb power output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox usb power output: I have been trying to find out what the power output (voltage and amps) is on xbox series X/S for ages but can't find an answer anywhere. adabc1ae-07c5-4936-9fd8-eec4346ec73e
  8. Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...: Can I use a powered USB Hub with its own power supply on the front USB port of my Xbox Series X? I also plan to connect a second External Hard Drive to the port extender (the Two Rear USB ports...
  9. Power or non power usb hub for series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Power or non power usb hub for series x: Just wondering witch works best. A power or non power USB hub. So I know I need a USB 3 hub. If I like to expand the available USB ports. But does it need to be powered or not? At the moment I...
  10. USB Hub Not Working/ Not Enough Power?

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Hub Not Working/ Not Enough Power?: I have an original Xbox One that I bought in 2015. I take good care of the console and therefore rarely get technical issues. Two of the three USB ports on my console are being used. One for a...