Power Supply Light - Steady Orange

Discus and support Power Supply Light - Steady Orange in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Originally had it plugged into a surge protector, realized it needed to be in an actual outlet for the best performance. Now I have the Orange light... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jrok67, Oct 11, 2015.

1. jrok67
    jrok67 Guest

Originally had it plugged into a surge protector, realized it needed to be in an actual outlet for the best performance. Now I have the Orange light and tried hard rebooting it by unplugging it completely for a few minutes, orange. Tried another outlet,
    orange. Only had it for about 2 weeks now. Please help!

:)

jrok67, Oct 11, 2015
  2. Dano608
    Dano608 Guest
    xbox one wont power on

i have done everything from the troubleshoot other than trying a new power supply, but i doubt its the power supply since the light on it is a steady orange

Dano608, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Three red lights, new power supply, now what?

Got three red lights and the orange light on the pwer supply. Went through the on line steps and bought a new power supply. Plugged it in and still the same three red lights on the box and the orange light on the new power supply. Now what?

-

Thrasybulus28, Oct 11, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey mate,

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the below link, to see if they help:
    support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

I personally keep my plugged into a surge protecter permanently, but you are correct in the fact that you shouldn't be ,as the power supply has its own built in surge protrection. I just don't have enough outlets lol

Good luck Power Supply Light - Steady Orange :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Hi jrok67,

The orange light on the power supply often indicates that an update is available, try going into settings and checking if there is an update.

Cheers

Mythreign

ColinNeighbour, Oct 12, 2015
  6. A solid orange light means your power is set to energy saving, A solid white light your settings is set to instant on.

GrowlingYapper, Oct 12, 2015
  7. Also make sure that the power supply lead is fully plugged into console and power brick.

GrowlingYapper, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox not powering on and no display on TV through HDMI

May I know if after resetting your Xbox One power supply the light color was a steady orange or light, or was the power supply light blinking?
  9. Dano608 Win User

xbox one wont power on

i have done everything from the troubleshoot other than trying a new power supply, but i doubt its the power supply since the light on it is a steady orange
  10. GrowlingYapper Win User

Also make sure that the power supply lead is fully plugged into console and power brick.
  11. ColinNeighbour Win User

Hi jrok67,

The orange light on the power supply often indicates that an update is available, try going into settings and checking if there is an update.

Cheers

Mythreign
  12. DENAz666 Win User

Hey mate,

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the below link, to see if they help:
    support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

I personally keep my plugged into a surge protecter permanently, but you are correct in the fact that you shouldn't be ,as the power supply has its own built in surge protrection. I just don't have enough outlets lol

Good luck :)

Cheers

Denaz
Thema:

1. Power Supply Light - Steady Orange - Similar Threads - Power Supply Light

2. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  3. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  4. Power Supply Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Replacement: Hello everyone so recently my Xbox One S has stopped working with a Power Supply Problem I opened my Xbox and confirmed to issue it needs a Replacement Power Adapter the one internally in the xbox...
  5. Is my xbox power supply broken???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox power supply broken???: Recently my power supply was white when only plugged into the power socket, but when sometimes plugged into xbox one it turned to orange. Is the power supply the problem or the xbox???...
  6. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  7. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?: Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line...
  8. Power Supply question

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply question: Hi, I have Original Xbox one, I have it set to energy saving, so its suppose to completely shut down after I turn the console off, which I believe it does, however the light on power supply...
  9. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  10. So my Xbox one does not turn on, and the power supply does not show a light when I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one does not turn on, and the power supply does not show a light when I bought...: Please just help me and tell me how to fix it d7e88903-1e95-456d-a530-c8c112f6a8ba