Power plug broke off inside the console

Discus and support Power plug broke off inside the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My kid yanked the power cord out and one of the copper colored prongs stayed inside the Xbox. Cannot be reached with anything and does not appear to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanMaxwell-[xboxvenue], May 21, 2017.

1. Power plug broke off inside the console

My kid yanked the power cord out and one of the copper colored prongs stayed inside the Xbox. Cannot be reached with anything and does not appear to be magnetic. Cannot get another power cord to go in the socket. What do I do?

:)

DanMaxwell-[xboxvenue], May 21, 2017
  2. Nameloi
    Nameloi Guest
    Is it badfor the system to leave the disc in console after playing?

I leave disks inside my console for days, however if Im not using it I take the power plug off.

If your system is turned on however, it isn't very safe or wise to move your console in any way if a disk is inside.

Nameloi, May 21, 2017
  3. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    my xbox onex

Hello Buddy,

Sorry for the issue with the console. We recommend fully unplugging the console, leave unplugged for 2 minutes plug it back in then try and turn it on. If it doesn't power on or shut right back off could be an issue with the power supply. (which is inside
    the console) You can also try a different plug. When plugging the console back in make sure it is plugged directly into the wall, don't plug console into a surge protector or extension cord. As the console has a surge protector inside the console.

Hope this helps, let us know.

Thanks,

Brad

XBF Brad A, May 21, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there Dan!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your console. Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to send the console in for repairs via our
    Online Service Center. If you have questions, you can reach out to our
    phone/chat support teams for further assistance.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, May 22, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there Dan!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your console. Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to send the console in for repairs via our
    Online Service Center. If you have questions, you can reach out to our
    phone/chat support teams for further assistance.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.
  6. RyanCook311 Win User

My Xbox cut off while playing and won't come back on!!

When you tested it on another console was it plugged into the same outlet? If not try a different outlet with the console that won't power on it may be the outlet causing the problem.

If it ends up being the console that's broke it could be just about anything inside causing it but you can request a repair at myservice.Xbox.com
  7. EXES5 Win User

Xbox One S Crash Problem

Are you on insider program?

Try a hard reset keepin the power off on console for 8 seconds and romeve power cord for 30 seconds than plug it back and power on
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

my xbox onex

Hello Buddy,

Sorry for the issue with the console. We recommend fully unplugging the console, leave unplugged for 2 minutes plug it back in then try and turn it on. If it doesn't power on or shut right back off could be an issue with the power supply. (which is inside
    the console) You can also try a different plug. When plugging the console back in make sure it is plugged directly into the wall, don't plug console into a surge protector or extension cord. As the console has a surge protector inside the console.

Hope this helps, let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. Nameloi Win User

Is it badfor the system to leave the disc in console after playing?

I leave disks inside my console for days, however if Im not using it I take the power plug off.

If your system is turned on however, it isn't very safe or wise to move your console in any way if a disk is inside.
Thema:

1. Power plug broke off inside the console - Similar Threads - Power plug broke

2. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  3. When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...: When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the console yet 51becea8-6017-41dc-a9ec-1e2976e001a2
  4. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  5. Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?: I recently connected my Xbox series s to a power strip along with my tv and I notice that the hazard icon appears telling me that if I have av/or other connection between my television and console...
  6. Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?: I lost the power cable for my xbox series x and saw that if you dissconect the power cable from the entire charger, it looks the same as an xbox series x power cable. So, this got me wondering if...
  7. Can I plug 2 consoles into 1 power strip?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I plug 2 consoles into 1 power strip?: Hi, I have an Xbox One and my cousin has Xbox Series X. They're both plugged into one power strip and everything is alright, but is it safe if both consoles will be on at the same time? We both...
  8. My guitar X-plorer when plugged in isn't working, the power button lits up as player 3 but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guitar X-plorer when plugged in isn't working, the power button lits up as player 3 but...: When I plug my X-plorer guitar in my computer, it actually light up the power button but i can't seem to be able to use it. I've tried to change ports, restart pc, update drivers, uninstall and...
  9. Xbox One Original power brick cycle from white to orange light 3 to 4 times when I plug it in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Original power brick cycle from white to orange light 3 to 4 times when I plug it in: My Xbox One Original power brick issue Hi guys, When I plug in my power brick it changes lights 3 to 4 times from orange to white then again orange then white does it 3 to 4 times and Xbox turn...
  10. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...