Power Brick Problem

Discus and support Power Brick Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My power brick turns on for 30 min then the light on the power brick goes out and stays off what does this mean 046ff5f4-730d-4c5f-b982-22fcf0a6901d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrypticLight09, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Power Brick Problem

My power brick turns on for 30 min then the light on the power brick goes out and stays off what does this mean

:)

CrypticLight09, Apr 23, 2017
  2. Power Brick problem

My power brick on my 360 old style Elite has been messing alot lately. I have the brick out in the open and well ventalated. But after playing a hour to hour and half, the brick would just shut off and the light goes from green to red. I know the thing has
    overheated because its hot to the touch. Dunno if the fan has gone out on it but I can watch netflix and other movies no problem but playing games it just causes it to overheat. I can't use the power brick of my old RROD 360 due to the bricks having 2 different
    connections. Any solution other than buying a new one?

Boozing Redneck, Apr 23, 2017
  3. Power Brick problem

Hey mate, it definitely sounds like that brick does need to be replaced, but it never hurts to check first. Does a friend have one you can test for an afternoon, to see if it resolves the shut-off issue? Alternatively, you can call phone support about a
    repair for the brick at 800-4MY-XBOX.

Mister Fitzer, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Power Brick Problem

Hey there CrypticLight09,

It's possible that the power supply is having a problem, let's have you try the steps on this guide

HERE
    and see if it helps.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Apr 26, 2017
  5. DangerousBard Win User

Power Brick Problem

Check the steps in this support link:

support.xbox.com/.../check-power-supply

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power
    supply under warranty
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

power brick problem

Hey there Sniper! If you are having an issue with your power supply, you can request a replacement. If it is in warranty it will be free. You can start the repair process online here:

support.xbox.com/.../repair-process
  7. Paperjoex2 Win User

power brick problem

i would try unplugging. The power supply can be unplugged from the brick itself. Try that and if it actually interferes with your game time, it would need to be replaced.
  8. Mister Fitzer Win User

Power Brick problem

Hey mate, it definitely sounds like that brick does need to be replaced, but it never hurts to check first. Does a friend have one you can test for an afternoon, to see if it resolves the shut-off issue? Alternatively, you can call phone support about a
    repair for the brick at 800-4MY-XBOX.
  9. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Problems with the Power brick

Great point, QuickMythril. Thanks for the correction. And thanks for finding the Power Supply differences link for Rockero999.
Thema:

Power Brick Problem

1. Power Brick Problem - Similar Threads - Power Brick Problem

2. How do I fix orange light problem on Xbox one power brick

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix orange light problem on Xbox one power brick: Orange light comes on and shuts off on my Xbox 1. How do I fix it b7096d35-ed05-4524-ba74-fbbe9bec399f
  3. Electricity Power Brick Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Electricity Power Brick Problem: Hi. I am having problems with my Xbox one power brick. My problem is that whenever I plug in my Xbox power brick in any socket that works, it shuts that floor's electricity down, so none of the...
  4. Is my console broke or is my power brick the problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my console broke or is my power brick the problem?: 2 days ago my Xbox One stopped playing games or most apps. Everytime i try i would get an error saying the game or app took too long to load. I have shutdown and restarted the console dozens of...
  5. xbox one power brick problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one power brick problem: hi, it seems that my xbox one's power brick isnt working. i left my xbox turned on for a couple of hours until i came back and it didnt seem to work, the power brick was very hot and had an...
  6. Xbox One Power Brick Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Brick Problem: So, I've had my Xbox One for a couple of years, i actually got it right when it came out. It was working fine yesterday, but all of a sudden, it won't turn on. the light, the noise, nothing. i...
  7. Xbox one power brick problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick problem: When I plug my power brick into the wall it lights up orange but whenever I plug it into the console it fades away and has no light this is really aggravating because I am a good console owner and...
  8. X box won't turn on, i know the problem isn't the power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box won't turn on, i know the problem isn't the power brick: So my power brick is doing that Orange light thing and the my Xbox, when i go to turn it on turns on for less then a second then turns off, i tried my power brick on my cousins Xbox and it worked...
  9. Xbox one power brick problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick problem?: my Xbox one power brick is orange and my Xbox won't turn on. Once I plug it into my Xbox the orange light turns off. I've unplugged it and plugged it in a bunch of times. I did hear a snap when my...
  10. Xbox one power brick problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick problem: My power brick for Xbox one is rated to work with 200-240v but the power voltage here(kashmir, india) is less than that. So I used a stabilizer. But every time the voltage fluctuates, even a...