Possible an Idea to play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One??

Discus and support Possible an Idea to play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone.. I was thinking,Unlike the way where you can connect your HDMI from Xbox 360 to Xbox One in order to play Games on it and maybe take... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dark Assassin7O, May 30, 2015.

1. Possible an Idea to play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One??

Hello Everyone.. I was thinking,Unlike the way where you can connect your HDMI from Xbox 360 to Xbox One in order to play Games on it and maybe take screenshots and such.. But, When I tried it a long time ago (At least 6 Months ago I would say) The game
    was Lagging and The Graphics are not better or the same with Xbox 360 to a 1080p HDTV...

But here is an Idea what I am Thinking... What if Microsoft allows The Ability to add External Disc Drive to Xbox One.. You know those Disc Drives that are used for a PC.. Why not install it on Xbox One and be able to play Xbox 360 Video Games? Of course
    right now, It is not possible to do so, Because The Xbox One does not have the necessary update or ability to accept that type of Hardware. But I don't know.. I just thinking this probably would be a good idea sooner or later someday.. What is your opinion
    or Idea of what Microsoft should add?

And I am sorry if this is the wrong place to type this Topic...

:)

Dark Assassin7O, May 30, 2015
  2. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Xbox one may be backwords compatiable through the cloud

^^ You don't like Battlefield games, do you?

In the future if I want to play Xbox 360 games... I will play them on my Xbox 360. Zany idea, I know.

Eggnogga, May 30, 2015
  3. Xbox One / 360 Home gold multiplayer

One downstairs and B - Xbox 360 upstairs, both on the same WiFi network. Is it possible for player B to have Home Gold access on the Xbox 360 same time as player A on Xbox One. And is it possible for players A and B to play each other on the same multiplayer
    game?

ShadyLittle Boz, May 30, 2015
  4. Possible an Idea to play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One??

Xbox One can read Xbox 360 discs, they are standard DVD-9 format. They aren't special discs. The reason the One can't play them is because the games are coded to PPC architecture, Xbox One is X86.

Obsessive Power, May 30, 2015
  5. Eric Sauco
    Eric Sauco Guest
    Just tape your Xbox One and 360 together. Seem similar to what you are suggesting.

Eric Sauco, Jun 3, 2015
  6. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    No, Xbox One does not have backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games, but soon this will change. Microsoft will get a streaming service to play all Xbox & Xbox 360 games in the near future.

Ragnarok5000, Jun 5, 2015
  7. Streaming is not backwards compatibility. A streaming service - if Microsoft ever gets one off the ground - would be a video feed of an Xbox 360 game running from a server. You'd be able to play it with your Xbox One controller, but it won't allow you
    to make use of any games you have on disc. And you would likely have to pay a subscription. It won't be free.

Obsessive Power, Jun 6, 2015
  8. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest

I think Microsoft will benefit from this just fine as well as Sony (they're doing the same thing with the PS4).

Ragnarok5000, Jun 6, 2015
  9. Obsessive Power? Hmm.. To be honest I did not knew.. All I know is that Microsoft said that Xbox One does not yet has the ability to play Xbox One.. But after seeing that PS4 someday will add the ability to play their PS3 Video Games.. Microsoft should be
    looking into the options hopefully.. Or maybe they should add an External Disc Drive? Would that help?

CWEric? Haha Funny.. If I attempt to tape both my Xbox One and Xbox 360 System.. Probably they will get overheated a lot faster and can most easily screw up.. And I am just saying that maybe if Microsoft someday will allow the ability to play Xbox 360 Video
    Games on Xbox One without connecting the Xbox 360 HDMI to Xbox One.. And the Idea I was thinking maybe Microsoft can add the ability to add External Disc Drives and that is very much it.

Ragnarok5000? I know Xbox One does not have Backwards Compatibility but if Microsoft adds the external disc drive and giving an update to xbox one in order to accept External Disc Drives and Video Games from Xbox 360.. Would that work? and You said all Original
    Xbox & Xbox 360 Video Games? That would be awesome!! To play a Video Game from Original Xbox.. But highly doubt Microsoft will do that.. But again, That would be awesome.

Dark Assassin7O, Jun 6, 2015
  10. I already said a external disc drive wouldn't be a solution because it's not about the media the games are stored on that prevents playback on an Xbox One, it is the fundamental difference in the internal hardware between the two.

The Xbox 360 uses a hardware architecture called PPC (PowerPC) where as the Xbox One uses X86. I understand that this likely means nothing to you, that's understandable if you don't understand hardware. Basically, in laymen's terms, these two systems do not
    speak the same language. They are programmed differently. The internal machine code is different.

The Xbox 360 uses DVD for its disc games. There is nothing special about these discs. They are the same type of discs manufacturers use for PC games and DVD movies. The Xbox One can already read DVD discs, there is nothing stopping it from reading an Xbox
    360 disc. However, reading is one thing, understanding is entirely another.

If an external device was made to make the Xbox One BC, it wouldn't be a disc drive, it would need to be external device with which contains the Xbox 360's main internal hardware - think of an Xbox 360 with no DVD drive and no hard disc, in a miniaturised form
    and you'll understand what I mean. There would have to be considerable investment for this and since the Xbox 360 is still being sold, I doubt this will would be a possibility. You can therefore forget an external solution. Put it out of your mind.

The other two options are software emulation or a streaming solution.

Software emulation is very hard to implement and get right without bugs, glitches and general slow downs. Emulation is how the Xbox 360 ran some of the original Xbox's back catalogue of games. Some original games work perfectly on the Xbox 360. Most do not
    run as well as they should. If you're interested about Backwards compatibility and emulation you should read

this
    and this from Wikipedia.

Streaming strictly speaking isn't BC. Game streaming is like movie streaming only it's interactive. You load up a steaming app, choose your game and it is sent to your console as a video feed. It relies on stable Internet connection of at least 3MB/s, doesn't
    use any discs and doesn't even use your console's hardware. Everything except the image on the screen is handled by a server in another part of the world.

Obsessive Power, Jun 6, 2015
  11. Obsessive Power? I apologize for not replying anytime soon and for not understanding.... Now I guess I can get the idea off my head...

Dark Assassin7O, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Ragnarok5000 Win User

I think Microsoft will benefit from this just fine as well as Sony (they're doing the same thing with the PS4).
  13. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One can read Xbox 360 discs, they are standard DVD-9 format. They aren't special discs. The reason the One can't play them is because the games are coded to PPC architecture, Xbox One is X86.
  14. Dark Assassin7O Win User

Obsessive Power? Hmm.. To be honest I did not knew.. All I know is that Microsoft said that Xbox One does not yet has the ability to play Xbox One.. But after seeing that PS4 someday will add the ability to play their PS3 Video Games.. Microsoft should be
    looking into the options hopefully.. Or maybe they should add an External Disc Drive? Would that help?

CWEric? Haha Funny.. If I attempt to tape both my Xbox One and Xbox 360 System.. Probably they will get overheated a lot faster and can most easily screw up.. And I am just saying that maybe if Microsoft someday will allow the ability to play Xbox 360 Video
    Games on Xbox One without connecting the Xbox 360 HDMI to Xbox One.. And the Idea I was thinking maybe Microsoft can add the ability to add External Disc Drives and that is very much it.

Ragnarok5000? I know Xbox One does not have Backwards Compatibility but if Microsoft adds the external disc drive and giving an update to xbox one in order to accept External Disc Drives and Video Games from Xbox 360.. Would that work? and You said all Original
    Xbox & Xbox 360 Video Games? That would be awesome!! To play a Video Game from Original Xbox.. But highly doubt Microsoft will do that.. But again, That would be awesome.
  15. Dark Assassin7O Win User

Obsessive Power? I apologize for not replying anytime soon and for not understanding.... Now I guess I can get the idea off my head...
  16. Ragnarok5000 Win User

No, Xbox One does not have backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games, but soon this will change. Microsoft will get a streaming service to play all Xbox & Xbox 360 games in the near future.
Thema:

1. Possible an Idea to play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One?? - Similar Threads - Possible Idea play

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Is it possible to get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get a refund?: I gifted my friend a game without paying attention to the fact that it was only available for Xbox series s/x. So not only can't they play but they already redeemed the code. Is there no other way...
  4. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  5. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  6. Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive: I have a 2TB external drive that I use on my xbox. I want to have roughly 500GB of it partitioned so that I can use it on my Windows PC(NTFS) and the rest partitioned so I can use it on my xbox...
  7. pls add possibility to rate games

in XboX Insiders
    pls add possibility to rate games: So many times i am alway wanna watch for opinons of other players or just wanna rate a game i had fun with but theres still nothing to do that :c submitted by /u/HikingVikingStriking [link]...
  8. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  9. Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?: We've got a PS4 and PC, and wish to crossplay on a private server without buying a PS Plus subscription.. Is playing via LAN still possible (I found it on 2022 posts)? I've tried all the...
  10. Possible Idea for Xbox home screen Ui

in XboX Insiders
    Possible Idea for Xbox home screen Ui: An idea for the Xbox home screen I've had, is to allow us to make the tile squares be like folders that when you click on them, they open up a line going from left to right or top to bottom that...