Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to...

Discus and support Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I recently installed Portal 2 on my Xbox Series S console, but I can't play local coop. It asks for both players to download their gamer profile,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vitor_486, Jun 20, 2023.

1. vitor_486
    vitor_486 Guest

Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to...

Hi! I recently installed Portal 2 on my Xbox Series S console, but I can't play local coop. It asks for both players to download their gamer profile, but neither of us can do it. Once we select "download profile", this message follows: "Can't connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot yout connection". What should I do?

P.S.1: There is nothing wrong with the internet connection.

P.S.2: I don't have a gamer profile, neither I know how to create it (but I think that's not even the issue with the error message above...)

:)

vitor_486, Jun 20, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to troubleshoot ..."

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below to sort out the issue.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ...

Select Settings.

Select System and then select Storage.

Select Clear local Xbox 360 storage.

Select Yes and restart the console.
  3. kai mckeown Win User

Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to troubleshoot ..."

I try to play the coop on portal 2 with a friend up it could only pick up on one account my Xbox account so what do i need to do to get a guest account on portal 2
  4. OpticRJames Win User

I see. Have you tried logging in to two accounts before launching the game on the consoel?
  5. vitor_486 Win User

Hi, Ron. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Do you have other instructions?

It seems to me like a compatibility issue. I'm able to play single (without the gamer profile), but not multiplayer.
  6. owen maher Win User

I am having the same problem with silent hill hd collection and I am unable to download my profile is there anything I can do to fix this
Thema:

1. Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to... - Similar Threads - Portal Series can't

2. Portal of Power problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Portal of Power problem: My grandson has an Xbox One S ... the controller works fine but when you plug the Portal of Power in it doesn't get recognized. I thought the problem was with the portal so I replaced it, the new...
  3. Device Portal Help

in XBoX on Windows
    Device Portal Help: Hello, I activated developer mode an hour or so ago and have not been able to access the Device Portal in order to deploy applications/games Getting this out of the way now so I don’t get the...
  4. Developer Portal Link not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Developer Portal Link not working: Hello, I activated developer mode more than an hour and have not been able to access the Device Portal in order to deploy applications/games Getting this out of the way now so I don’t get the...
  5. Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show: I’m trying to install the dolphin emulator from GitHub and when I put the appx into the bar and try to upload it just says not status information to show 8cb8d96a-05cd-43cc-b8d6-387c858bd906
  6. Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.: I have bought Skylanders Superchargers on my Xbox One S because it's available in the store for 50 euros. The problem is that I have an old portal of power which is the Skylanders Trap Team Wii...
  7. Will an XBox 360 Disney Infinity Character Portal Base work on the XBox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will an XBox 360 Disney Infinity Character Portal Base work on the XBox One?: We have two bases from the 360 and neither are reading on the XBox One. The game works, but not the base. We cannot confirm the characters do until we have a working base....
  8. Trouble accessing Device portal in dev mode

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble accessing Device portal in dev mode: Hi I've been using dev mode for over a year now on the same computer and xbox and now im having trouble accessing the remote device portal. It's claiming that the xbox isnt even attempting to...
  9. What do I need to do to next Skylinders trap team portal and work on an Xbox x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I need to do to next Skylinders trap team portal and work on an Xbox x.: We have bought several Skylanders trap team portals. None of them work on XBOX-X. Is there a work around or dose any know which 1 to but so it will work? 0570adbd-e41a-46a6-a471-45160712f4ae
  10. Skylanders Trap Team portal of power works on Xbox one but not Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skylanders Trap Team portal of power works on Xbox one but not Xbox series X: I wanted to try to play skylanders trap team on my new Xbox series X, but when I tried the series X wouldn’t recognize the portal of power, but when I tried on my Xbox one the portal of power...