Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X

Discus and support Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rey Ril, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Rey Ril
    Rey Ril Guest

I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good, open NAT, no issues. Then I activated my ExpressVPN client on my router, and now the network settings say my NAT is moderate and UPNP is not successful.

I guess my question is, is there a way to use manual port forwarding (not UPNP feature) and run through a VPN while getting an open NAT?

:)

Rey Ril, Jun 18, 2023
  2. iTrippeyz Win User

NAT Type

How would you port forward and/or enable UPnP on my router? My settings say "UPnP not successful."
  3. ThatchyAphid9 Win User

Disconnects from Live after about 5 minutes

@Miss Portia:

I have tried:

-port forwarding disabled, UPnP disabled

-port forwarding enabled, UPnP disabled

-port forwarding disabled, UPnP enabled

-port forwarding enabled, UPnP enabled

I see the same disconnect issues for all four combinations.
  4. Craig Cowan38 Win User

Why is my xbox series x upnp not successful

Yes I have set the upnp setting to on in the router settings this still isn't working I tried port forwarding but is says the routers wan ip is unknown. It's my series x I'm having the issue with the old xbox one s it works fine
  5. VibroPlex Win User

Error Status report

It's UPnP -OR-

port forwarding or DMZ or port triggering.

UPnP should be disabled if you use port forwarding or DMZ or port triggering.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

xbox one x, will not connect to xbox live

Hi there
    Scott,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the network connection on the Xbox One X.

A network port lets your Xbox One console communicate with the Xbox Live servers and other Xbox One consoles over the Internet.

To let your Xbox One console communicate with Xbox Live, you might have to
    open or forward ports
    , which means you'll be making a configuration change to your firewall or network hardware, such as a router.

Port forwarding for Xbox One
    is done on your router or other network hardware, not on the Xbox console itself.

If you are receiving the error with UPnP, Try this:
    UPnP not successful in your network settings

Try this and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X - Similar Threads - Port forwarding VPN

2. Port Forwarding on Youfibre

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port Forwarding on Youfibre: Hi all, I recently switched to Youfibre (UK) and keep getting moderate NAT type despite super fast speeds. I understand I need to setup port forwarding on my router. Can anyone advise a step by...
  3. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: Should I even worry about port forwarding if I have 1200mbps internet. Can port forwarding stabilize gaming when the internet itself gets congested? dedcb9dd-cafb-430b-8c24-7527d8af1807
  4. Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding: Hi, I'm trying to find the port for XCloud but I couldn't find one. The only one i found was the port for Xbox Consoles. Is there a list for port anywhere that I could've missed ? Thanks in...
  5. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  6. How do I set up port forwarding?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up port forwarding?: How to set up port forwarding? b1c136b4-29fe-4b39-8d9a-9878be3eb7a9
  7. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: I know port forwarding needs to be done in some cases. My question is, 1. if I have 2 consoles in my house, how do I forward them on the same network to the same ports? I know the ports ports...
  8. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  9. A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.: Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked...
  10. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....