Poorly Timed Forced Preview Program Updates

Discus and support Poorly Timed Forced Preview Program Updates in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this before or not, and if they have feel free to delete this I suppose. But for the second time in two... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/-M3GA-, Nov 4, 2022.

1. /u/-M3GA-
    /u/-M3GA- Guest

So I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this before or not, and if they have feel free to delete this I suppose. But for the second time in two weeks I've had my Xbox force me to update it while I was playing a match of Overwatch 2 competitive with a friend online in the early morning due to being in the preview program. Now I realize that someone else will likely say, "Well then just opt out of the preview program if you have issues", but that's not what I'm looking for here at all. I've been in the preview program for years, and I've had this happen on a lot more than just one or two occasions. I'm really looking for some sort of alternative, as I genuinely like being a part of the preview program overall. I enjoy being able to try out or help test new features before they go public on Xbox, as honestly it's a pretty unique and cool feature on console to have.

So has anyone at all ever mentioned somehow giving us the opportunity to postpone an update (even if just temporarily)? Or allowing us to decide when is an opportune time to update our console without the only other option of just being forced offline? Because there's got to be some sort of middle ground here instead of being booted from whatever else you may be be doing or playing and potentially being punished because of something that you have very little control over. I'm not sure this will even get much traction on here, but I figured it was worth a try because having this happen multiple times recently was really frustrating.

submitted by /u/-M3GA-
    [link] [comments]

/u/-M3GA-, Nov 4, 2022
  2. GrowlingYapper Win User

1TB One Invisible Downloading?

As you are in the preview program it is best to post in preview. If you fail to install any update by a certain date it will force the update whatever your settings are.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

BAMN! Time to update! No choice!

Never had a forced update in Instant on mode & i'm in the preview program so I get updates quite a lot.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Frequency of forced updates on the Xbox One

Are you part of the Xbox Insider Preview program?

There is a feature that if the console is set to instant on and keep updated, then it should negate forced updates. It is also advisable to check when turning on the console for updates.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox updates

If you get updates that frequently, it's because you VOLUNTARILY signed up for the Insider Preview Program, which includes FORCED updates if the console hasn't been able to update during other times.

If the updates frequency is bothering you so much, you can move to a different (lower) ring of the Insider Preview program, where you get less frequent updates, or leave the Insider Preview Program completely, and you only get one update per month, that
    will be installed while your console is in standby while in "Instant On Mode", or if you're still in the update window, when you shut down the console next.

If you are past the update window, the update will be forcibly installed when you start up the console.
  6. SteeZ rT Win User

Games keep crashing on start up

[Mod Removed] I want to play DESTINY but it keeps crashing!!!!! None of my games load expect Madden (Disc), NBA 2K14 (Disc), and Super Time Force (digital). WHAT THE [Mod Removed] IS GOING ON MICROSOFT!!! This preview update program is [Mod Removed]!
Thema:

1. Poorly Timed Forced Preview Program Updates - Similar Threads - Poorly Timed Forced

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  4. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  6. Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?: My question is: Why are ban appeals handled so poorly? I ask this question because my Xbox was console banned and every account on it was banned for "phishing" until the year 9999. Obviously with...
  7. Very poor support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very poor support: Absolutely fuming, I have a xbox series s that keeps asking for update whilst booting then wont connect to WiFi to do the update. I raised the issue and microsoft sent me a label to post to them...
  8. Poor Xbox series s controller range

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Xbox series s controller range: Hello Daniel here, i purchased a controller from a my retailer and I've been using it for a while, at one point the range on it got reduced and only stays connected with USB cord, I tried...
  9. Elite series 2 very poor quality for money, need to return a 3rd time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 very poor quality for money, need to return a 3rd time: i purchased one on day of release and had issue's with it from the get go but wasn't playing a huge amount but during the lockdown i decieded to go through the warranty process and sent it back...
  10. Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360: [Sorry for a copied post, but nobody answered my last post] Hello fellow Xbox gamers. Awhile back I got a new shiny blue Xbox 360 E as a sweet Christmas gift, and I've been enjoying it ever...