Polling rate of wired USB xbox controller for Windows

Discus and support Polling rate of wired USB xbox controller for Windows in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Howdy. I'm wondering what the polling rate of a wired USB xbox controller for Windows is (I'm specifically interested in how often we can get input... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DeeCeptor, Sep 6, 2018.

1. DeeCeptor
    DeeCeptor Guest

Howdy. I'm wondering what the polling rate of a wired USB xbox controller for Windows is (I'm specifically interested in how often we can get input from the thumbsticks). Mice all advertise their polling rate (with gaming mice often having a polling rate
    of 1000Hz, or once per millisecond). The technical specs on Amazon don't list anything very technical (https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wired-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWLA). Are the technical specs posted anywhere? I'm writing a journal paper and
    a source would be handy.

:)

DeeCeptor, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Usb Cable for Xbox One Controller

Um what games do you need a wired connection for? Also I wonder if the polling rate is any different if you have the controller plugged in or not. Anyways check out Monoprice.com or Amazon basics. Pretty much any ten foot USB to Micro USB cable will do.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Sep 6, 2018
  3. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.

ChiefJoboo, Sep 6, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

I have never seen this figure advertised for any controllers however I have always found my Xbox One controllers perform great in this respect so never tried to find this out.

gds1972, Sep 6, 2018
  5. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

My understanding is that the majority console controllers (1st & 3rd party) have a polling rate of 125mhz.

Tormaz, Sep 6, 2018
  6. DeeCeptor
    DeeCeptor Guest
    Thanks for the response. Do you have a source for this? I'm writing a journal paper and a source would be handy.

DeeCeptor, Sep 6, 2018
  7. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    I forgot where I originally heard this a while back, but I don't know if there's anything official that actually shows the specs. They talk about it at on this site and forum post. I hope that helps!

ConsoleTuner • View topic - Polling Rate Question

Tormaz, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: