Polk 4 Shot vs TB Ear Force Atlas

Discus and support Polk 4 Shot vs TB Ear Force Atlas in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OKay, so I'm in no hurry to get either but the upcoming Xbox One headsets are looking really promising and you can't beat a good headset with a good... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dynamic Sausage, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Polk 4 Shot vs TB Ear Force Atlas

OKay, so I'm in no hurry to get either but the upcoming Xbox One headsets are looking really promising and you can't beat a good headset with a good FPS. Anyway, both the Polk 4 Shot and Ear Force Atlas (Titanfall Edition Turtle Beach) are roughly the same
    price, seem to offer very similar features and are both designed for Xbox One so I'm a bit torn between the two really?

-

I'm not asking for buying advice as such which would you choose and why?

:)

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 28, 2014
  2. Universal 3rd Party Headset Adaptor

The headset is on it's way and will be released with some upcoming headsets like the Turtle Beach Ear Force Atlas and Polk 4 Shot. The date that it will be sold on it's own is currently unknown but hopefully it will be sometime around the launch of these
    2 headsets.

3. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    Looking for a good XBox One headset

a few guys i talk to love the atros a40's

Gaming Headsets and Headphones | ASTRO Gaming

but i would not hesitate to get the tutrtle beach x07 or the tb atlas(titanfall)
    XO Four, XO Seven – Turtle Beach
    Turtle Beach® #1 Gaming Headsets - Hear Everything. Defeat Everyone.

your other choice would be the polk audio
    http://www.polkaudio.com/products/4shot

if i went with a headset i would really look at the astros than the tb's... im sure the polks are really nice but the other 2 are gaming headsets and have put time in with the gaming community. astros seem to be a big plus in the streaming/twitch community with the master mix/stream audio capture card.. so its something to look at if you ever plan on going the route.

sc_shark, Jan 28, 2014
  4. Polk 4 Shot vs TB Ear Force Atlas

im actually hoping they have a headset that will work for both ps4 and xbox one...so im holding out.

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Jan 28, 2014
  5. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="U Go 6 FT BeLOW"]im actually hoping they have a headset that will work for both ps4 and xbox one...[/quote]I'm not seeing a reason the 4 Shot won't work with the DS4. Check out the

user manual

I've pre-ordered a 4 Shot from Polk. Figure I'll have a dedicated headset and an adapter in one package.

IceStorm III, Jan 28, 2014
  6. I was going to do that with 360 and PS3 but it seems that you can never get a headset where chat will work on both consoles Polk 4 Shot vs TB Ear Force Atlas :(

7. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    If you need all-wireless on all four consoles, you'll want a wireless headset that works with the 360/PS3/PC and then the chat adapter for Xbox One. The PS4's DS4 controller has a chat/headset connector built into the controller already.

8. Lightyear013
    Lightyear013 Guest

Personally I would go with the 4 Shot. I've never felt the need to buy a gaming specific headset before but I'm seriously considering getting a pair of the 4 Shots. My entire surround sound system is made up of Polk speakers and they sound amazing. Polk
    is known for producing high quality audio components at a reasonable price.

U Go, ICESTORM is right, since the headset is also designed to be used with mobile devices you'll be able to plug it right into a DS4 since it doesn't have a proprietary input like the X1 controller.

Lightyear013, Jan 28, 2014
  9. that is good news, heading to pre order one now

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Jan 28, 2014
  10. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    thous polk 4 aint 5.1 though

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 28, 2014
  11. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="N7 Gh0stz"]thous polk 4 aint 5.1 though[/quote]In general, the surround field is not determined by the headset but by what it attaches to. There are very few multi-driver headsets. If I plug the Polk headset into an Astro MixAmp, it will be
    what you term "5.1"

12. I was in turmoil on which ones to get to. Went through 5 sets of headsets on the 360 from the X11-X41, and stopped back on the DX11 which was the 7.1 surround sound wired headset. Since then it was discontinued, and honestly its was just the X11 with
    the mixer. Being no reviews on any of the new headsets, I didn't want to go through all the experimenting again, and what I found out was that Xbox One exclusives are nothing special except they have the adapter. Once Polk and Turtle Beach confirmed for
    me the adapter is the only thing that makes them exclusive, I broadened my search to all Xbox headsets. After so many reviews on so many different headsets, I just went all in on the Astro A50's. Figured I would only do it once this time around hopefully,
    or at least until they break.

xxxxGRUMPYxxxx, Jan 28, 2014
  13. SwampDawgg
    SwampDawgg Guest

Most of you have a lot more experience at what is "good" (I know its personal taste) but I have not been able to find out any real tech specs for the Polk 4s. I assume that they will be some sort of multichannel stereo. If that's the case, are they sufficient
    to get good "game" sounds???

SwampDawgg, Jan 30, 2014
  14. SparkStormrider, Jan 30, 2014
  15. I pre-ordered the Atlas headset. I don't know that much about audio as long as long as I can listen to my game sounds and chat late at night I'm good.

Flint SithLord, Jan 30, 2014
Thema: