Polk 4 Shot now available for preorder in UK at Amazon. £139

Discus and support Polk 4 Shot now available for preorder in UK at Amazon. £139 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Dynamic Sausage"] [quote user=""] I am suprised that no company has rushed a £50 headset through, IMO it would sell like hot cakes, £50... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dangerous Alan, Feb 8, 2014.

1. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

[quote user="Dynamic Sausage"]

[quote user=""]

I am suprised that no company has rushed a £50 headset through, IMO it would sell like hot cakes, £50 is my limited for a headset, I might stretch to £70 if there was a special feature I wanted but thats it.

[/quote]

I think it generally all comes down to licensing being the reason that no X1 headsets have been released yet. If the companies are being made to wait they might as well just push out high quality £100+ headsets for the extra cash.

-

I think the fact that the only true audio out option is optical is pushing towards the surround options instead of stereo too. All the £50 headsets have only ever been stereo and it seems that Microsoft are trying to push people away from Standard Definition
    and Stereo sound in favour of HD and Surround Sound.

[/quote]Yup agreed, but its one thing which is annoying me, I am not young, funky or daft enough to think I can tell the difference in sound for the massive difference in my wallet.

Turtle beach certainly seem to have an advantage, titton don't even have xbox one as an option on their site.

EnenDaveyBoy, Feb 9, 2014
  2. Hello, so here is the scoop. The 4shots are wireless to a point. They get wired into the controller. What makes them unique is 2 fold. 1st off, unlike the TB the sound comes through the controller. There is no external hook up or transmit box that hooks
    into optical output. 2, because it hooks up to controller it does not need batteries. Also since it has no batteries it can be removed from controller and be used as headphones for computer and headphones with a 3.5 mm plug and has built in Bluetooth you can
    use to Awnser your phone. The reason that headphones have not come out yet is Microsoft has not released adapter for the controller. Anyway I'm getting the Blue ones. It's time to give somebody besides TB a chance. Polk is a company that has made great, high
    quality speakers and headphones. I can't wait to get mine. Still playing COD on my 360 because I can't hear.

Azraels Sorrow, Feb 9, 2014
  3. From looking at these the top of the headset looks slim like it doesn't have a cushion layer underneath the leather. For me that could get annoying while playing for a while. Maybe I am wrong though as I am only going by the picture.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Feb 9, 2014
  4. Polk 4 Shot now available for preorder in UK at Amazon. £139

[quote user="PUDDIN DAGGER"]

From looking at these the top of the headset looks slim like it doesn't have a cushion layer underneath the leather. For me that could get annoying while playing for a while. Maybe I am wrong though as I am only going by the picture.

[/quote]

I think the headband has a leather padding wrapped around it along the whole length as oppose to just where your head sits. If anything this will make it more comfortable and pleasing to the eye.

Dynamic Sausage, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: