Policy for Hover GIF (Xbox Game Pass; PC)

Discus and support Policy for Hover GIF (Xbox Game Pass; PC) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Discord first made it where the user could mouse over the game being sold and it would play a short gif of _gameplay_. Shortly after however, many... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/UpTide, Sep 7, 2020.

1. /u/UpTide
    /u/UpTide Guest

Discord first made it where the user could mouse over the game being sold and it would play a short gif of _gameplay_. Shortly after however, many games replaced the gameplay with a sort of "promotional clip" with fancy title screens and cinematics. Steam has adopted (or it may still be in their beta/testing) a similar policy of allowing the gif to be any short promotional video of the game.

When Discord first introduced the concept and it was only gameplay, it was amazing. They took it out; it's not amazing anymore. I want Xbox to be amazing. Do what Discord and Steam didn't do.

On the Xbox store, I've looked at a couple previews for examples. Great examples of good preview gifs are Carrion, and Clustertruck. You see exactly what you're getting. Great examples of bad preview gifs are BATTLETECH, and Bad North: Jotunn Edition. It's unclear what the gameplay is. Some mediocre gifs are Blair Witch, where it's unclear if it's cinematic or gameplay, and Children of Morta, as it takes a very long time to get into actual gameplay.

I want it to be clear that I'm not looking at the games here. I am focused on the marketing, specifically the policy Xbox should take on what's allowed for the gif that plays when the customer hovers over the game in the store. The gif needs to convey exactly what the game is as fast as possible. Setting a policy like this would make the previews consistent, help customers find games they want to play faster, and possibly prevent the disappointment when a game is not how the user expects.

submitted by /u/UpTide
    [link] [comments]

/u/UpTide, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

Gifs

3. Smwutches Win User

Gif

No. The system doesn't support them for profile pics.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Hover

According to the store page Hover is a fast-paced single and multiplayer Parkour game in a futuristic 3D Open World. So for the online multiplayer, yes you would need a gold subscription to play, but for single player, you shouldn't need one.
  5. Siriusdish Win User

Hover

If you want to play multiplayer, then yes you will need an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
  6. Pyth the Bull Win User

Halo hovering in game?

That's called miracle resonance. When someone uses a miracle it basically leaves an echo in another person's world. When you use miracles near that, they'll be more powerful. If you pay attention you can tell where people spammed Wrath of the Gods, haha.
Thema:

1. Policy for Hover GIF (Xbox Game Pass; PC) - Similar Threads - Policy Hover GIF

2. Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region)

in XboX Insiders
    Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region): Hey. For the last week I have been in agony because I can't buy a GamePass for PC subscription. I live in Kazakhstan, an independent country of 20 million people, the most developed country in...
  3. Secure boot violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Secure boot violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup.: Hello! I have an issue that has to do with secure boot. I wanted to play valorant but i couldn't because the anticheat system requires the secure boot to be activated. After googling tutorials, I...
  4. New ban policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    New ban policy: Xboxes bew ban policy is way to brutal in my opinion and you can fo the research yourself but all im asking is that Xbox can soften it a little bit. e294c5b2-aaa4-497b-bb88-07da157b19f9
  5. Policies and Xbox Requirements public info usage for educational purposes

in XBoX on Windows
    Policies and Xbox Requirements public info usage for educational purposes: i have a question about https://learn.microsoft.com/uk-ua/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/policies/gc-policies-nav topics for xbox, pcgamepass and mobile quality standarts for compliance testing of games....
  6. Can I use the xbox one controller video game Q-T14 with Microsoft new policy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use the xbox one controller video game Q-T14 with Microsoft new policy?: I need to by a new controller, but don't want to buy something that will only work for a few days 9919c0ef-9bba-44a0-ad98-7586eaec5b22
  7. Dev Kit E-Waste Policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dev Kit E-Waste Policy: Hi, Can old dev kits be e-wasted, or do they have to be returned to Microsoft? In this case we have Xbox 360 and Xbox One dev kits. Thank you, Harlan d858fce4-527e-4df3-941a-e3bab3228c45
  8. Mouse and keyboard on xbox after new policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and keyboard on xbox after new policy: Hello so if I plug in a keyboard and mouse on a game call of duty MW3 that allows keyboard and mouse on xsx, I won't be hit with the new error code thats gonna ban me or I'll be banned because of...
  9. Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy: When trying to reenter into my Xbox one account I entered all of my Microsoft information on my counsel but once I was done entering the password my controller won’t allow me to press A to...
  10. Question about Microsoft Innactive Account Policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question about Microsoft Innactive Account Policy: Hello so i would like to know if my Microsoft Account will be deleted for innactivity even if i purchased a minecraft account with it . The reason why i am asking you this is because i have a...