Policies and Xbox Requirements public info usage for educational purposes

Discus and support Policies and Xbox Requirements public info usage for educational purposes in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i have a question about https://learn.microsoft.com/uk-ua/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/policies/gc-policies-nav topics for xbox, pcgamepass and mobile... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by R Alexey, Dec 22, 2023.

1. R Alexey
    R Alexey Guest

i have a question about https://learn.microsoft.com/uk-ua/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/policies/gc-policies-nav topics for xbox, pcgamepass and mobile quality standarts for compliance testing of games.
    Can this public information be used in online course for educational purposes for QA testers that want to start their career in gamedev?
    Are there any copyright requirements for this course creator for info usage, such as linking URL`s for microsoft site OR is it completly prohibited to use this info for public courses?

:)

R Alexey, Dec 22, 2023
  2. R Alexey Win User

• Hello ,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Microsoft's policies and Xbox requirements are publicly available information and can be used for educational purposes, including in online courses for QA testers. However, it is important to follow copyright requirements when using this information. You should provide proper attribution and include links to the original source of the information on Microsoft's website. Additionally, you should not misrepresent the information or use it in a way that implies endorsement or affiliation with Microsoft without their permission.

We hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Microsoft Community Moderator
    Hi Kathy and thanks for the answer! Can i show your support team a short video example of how this online course will look like? It will include short examination of public XR comliance test on practice. Can i reach out to your team via email? cause video is private. If so which email should i direct to?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

none of these things are relevant for game QC, these are standards for internal certification at Microsoft for security and other standards , and would not even be looked at by people in game QC.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello R Alexey,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Microsoft's policies and Xbox requirements are publicly available information and can be used for educational purposes, including in online courses for QA testers. However, it is important to follow copyright requirements when using this information. You should provide proper attribution and include links to the original source of the information on Microsoft's website. Additionally, you should not misrepresent the information or use it in a way that implies endorsement or affiliation with Microsoft without their permission.

We hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. DoctorAkke Win User

Play Age of empires 4 on xbox with mouse and keyboard.

I think Microsoft should released them on xbox with mouse and keyboard requirement. In addition they need to educate the public on the use of mouse and keyboard on xbox consoles.
  6. Auswulf Win User

Student discounts

Would you be using the Xbox and it's software for educational purposes? Or for getting Kill streaks on Call of Doody?
Thema:

1. Policies and Xbox Requirements public info usage for educational purposes - Similar Threads - Policies Requirements public

2. Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region)

in XboX Insiders
    Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region): Hey. For the last week I have been in agony because I can't buy a GamePass for PC subscription. I live in Kazakhstan, an independent country of 20 million people, the most developed country in...
  3. Secure boot violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Secure boot violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup.: Hello! I have an issue that has to do with secure boot. I wanted to play valorant but i couldn't because the anticheat system requires the secure boot to be activated. After googling tutorials, I...
  4. New ban policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    New ban policy: Xboxes bew ban policy is way to brutal in my opinion and you can fo the research yourself but all im asking is that Xbox can soften it a little bit. e294c5b2-aaa4-497b-bb88-07da157b19f9
  5. Can I use the xbox one controller video game Q-T14 with Microsoft new policy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use the xbox one controller video game Q-T14 with Microsoft new policy?: I need to by a new controller, but don't want to buy something that will only work for a few days 9919c0ef-9bba-44a0-ad98-7586eaec5b22
  6. Dev Kit E-Waste Policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dev Kit E-Waste Policy: Hi, Can old dev kits be e-wasted, or do they have to be returned to Microsoft? In this case we have Xbox 360 and Xbox One dev kits. Thank you, Harlan d858fce4-527e-4df3-941a-e3bab3228c45
  7. Mouse and keyboard on xbox after new policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and keyboard on xbox after new policy: Hello so if I plug in a keyboard and mouse on a game call of duty MW3 that allows keyboard and mouse on xsx, I won't be hit with the new error code thats gonna ban me or I'll be banned because of...
  8. Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy: When trying to reenter into my Xbox one account I entered all of my Microsoft information on my counsel but once I was done entering the password my controller won’t allow me to press A to...
  9. Question about Microsoft Innactive Account Policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question about Microsoft Innactive Account Policy: Hello so i would like to know if my Microsoft Account will be deleted for innactivity even if i purchased a minecraft account with it . The reason why i am asking you this is because i have a...
  10. Microsoft MUST STOP policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft MUST STOP policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers: New policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers could kill a huge number of honest devices. Especially the fighting game community, many of whom play on their custom and expensive devices (which...