Plug and Play battery seems to be defective...can it be replaced?

Discus and support Plug and Play battery seems to be defective...can it be replaced? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought the Plug & Play kit just over a month ago and the battery will not hold a charge. I have tried charging for a few hours and overnight with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ICENetMinder73, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Plug and Play battery seems to be defective...can it be replaced?

I bought the Plug & Play kit just over a month ago and the battery will not hold a charge. I have tried charging for a few hours and overnight with the same result...it shows being FULL on the battery indicator but it drops to almost zero within an hour
    or two. Very frustrating that I have to keep the controller wired via USB to even play Plug and Play battery seems to be defective...can it be replaced? :(

I have also tried charging the controller using a different USB power supply instead of the Xbox One, but I get the same result. Have ordered a new longer USB cable to see if that might be the issue as well.

Is it possible to replace JUST the battery pack and not have to buy another complete Plug & Play kit? If so, where can I buy one? I don't see them online anywhere?

Anyone else having this issue?

:)

ICENetMinder73, Aug 22, 2014
  2. Madmaximus1
    Madmaximus1 Guest
    Issues with Play and Charge Kits

It seems the problem is the battery itself not the unit or console, the battery is defective it seems to be charged when it isint try replacing the battery, a corrupt battery can seem fully charged and stay solid green and die the few minuets after use it
    definitely seems that is the case here im sorry to here you have done so many exchanges. Hope this helps you out.

Madmaximus1, Aug 22, 2014
  3. Crown Lager
    Crown Lager Guest

[quote user="Madmaximus1"]It seems the problem is the battery itself not the unit or console, the battery is defective it seems to be charged when it isint try replacing the battery, a corrupt battery can seem fully charged and stay solid green and die the
    few minuets after use it definitely seems that is the case here [/quote]

The battery has been replaced - the problem persists. The battery will hold a charge, but I have to leave the console on to charge it and guess when it's full.

[quote user="DanSh3ppard"]It has to do with mixing and matching different batches/ generation of battery kits with charge kits and controllers.[/quote]

But both the controller and Play and Charge kit are new; no generation mixing going on there.

Crown Lager, Aug 22, 2014
  4. Plug and Play battery seems to be defective...can it be replaced?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. From what I understand, the charging cable is just a micro-USB to USB cable and the main part of the "Plug & Play kit" is the battery pack itself so if you did want to replace the battery pack, you'd probably have to purchase
    another kit.

You can try purchasing a cheaper alternative from eBay or Amazon, but those aren't always the highest quality. You might also find luck in a AA battery charger and a couple of rechargeable batteries instead of using an all-in-one pack.

Stay Salty lol, Aug 23, 2014
  5. Stay Salty lol Win User

Sorry to hear about your troubles. From what I understand, the charging cable is just a micro-USB to USB cable and the main part of the "Plug & Play kit" is the battery pack itself so if you did want to replace the battery pack, you'd probably have to purchase
    another kit.

You can try purchasing a cheaper alternative from eBay or Amazon, but those aren't always the highest quality. You might also find luck in a AA battery charger and a couple of rechargeable batteries instead of using an all-in-one pack.
  6. Madmaximus1 Win User

It seems the problem is the battery itself not the unit or console, the battery is defective it seems to be charged when it isint try replacing the battery, a corrupt battery can seem fully charged and stay solid green and die the few minuets after use it
    definitely seems that is the case here im sorry to here you have done so many exchanges. Hope this helps you out.
  7. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why won’t my charge and play charge

Drops, especially if it's plugged in ca. damage the port

I'm afraid that since it's from a drop and not a defect it's not covered

Rechargeable AA batteries will work fine, are cheaper, and you can replace them for 100% in seconds
  8. Crown Lager Win User

[quote user="Madmaximus1"]It seems the problem is the battery itself not the unit or console, the battery is defective it seems to be charged when it isint try replacing the battery, a corrupt battery can seem fully charged and stay solid green and die the
    few minuets after use it definitely seems that is the case here [/quote]

The battery has been replaced - the problem persists. The battery will hold a charge, but I have to leave the console on to charge it and guess when it's full.

[quote user="DanSh3ppard"]It has to do with mixing and matching different batches/ generation of battery kits with charge kits and controllers.[/quote]

But both the controller and Play and Charge kit are new; no generation mixing going on there.
  9. nVo Fusion Win User

Play & Charge not working?

Not all batteries are rechargeable by the consumer. If you bought a set of AA batteries, make sure they are rechargeable ones. If it is a battery back made for use with the plug & play unit, it is probably a defective battary like RyKros1987 said.
Thema:

1. Plug and Play battery seems to be defective...can it be replaced? - Similar Threads - Plug Play battery

2. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play: A week ago my Xbox Series X notified me that my controller battery was low. I plugged my plug and play cord into it and noticed it would not charge. The icon shows the lightning bolt symbol, but...
  4. Where do I plug in my wire headphone if I play keyboard and mouse on an Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I plug in my wire headphone if I play keyboard and mouse on an Xbox ?: Am getting a keyboard and and mouse but play on Xbox where would I plug in my wired headphones b52f0190-7933-4520-afb3-bbb8ab3be171
  5. I have a external hard drive with 360 games on it i plug in to play them on my 360 but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a external hard drive with 360 games on it i plug in to play them on my 360 but it...: i purchased this xbox 360 to do this now it’s saying everything will be whipped 08138a2f-94c5-4306-b350-feb22ee3895b
  6. Why are Microsoft Plug and Play charging kits so faulty?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are Microsoft Plug and Play charging kits so faulty?: I bought one a month ago, and not 'til long, it has now become borked. Like, now it can't hold a charge and the icon says the battery is at half-percent even though I left it to charge for more...
  7. Plug and Play charging kit has stopped charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plug and Play charging kit has stopped charging: I had bought a charging kit online for my controller about a month ago, and just yesterday, when I plug in my controller to charge, it just won't charge anymore. No charging icon, no nothing. And...
  8. Elite Series 2 Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Plug and Play: *Warning about White Elite Series 2 Core* Dear Xbox. In all my time with the Elite Series 2 controller going on my third, plugging it in with a C cable to play/charge causes the LB & left stick...
  9. Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop?: I wanna know this because I am considering getting it, and I wanna know if I can charge it. If I can't charge it via a laptop, can I charge if I plug it in into a power outlet with a charging...
  10. Whenever I plug my controller in or try to play a game that computer makes a constant...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I plug my controller in or try to play a game that computer makes a constant...: The computer beeps with any steam game on and my Xbox controller plugged in to my PC. The only time the computer stops beeping is when I unplug the computer from the power from the wall. Then I...