Please work with Amazon to add support for 4K and HDR on the Amazon App

Discus and support Please work with Amazon to add support for 4K and HDR on the Amazon App in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Neither feature works as of now, I bought this device primarily for 4K movie playback, it would be fantastic if support was added sooner rather than... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cryogenic-102DDDC8-FAA6-493B-B924-355A160C4C92, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Please work with Amazon to add support for 4K and HDR on the Amazon App

Neither feature works as of now, I bought this device primarily for 4K movie playback, it would be fantastic if support was added sooner rather than later. Can anyone confirm if this is even in the works?

:)

cryogenic-102DDDC8-FAA6-493B-B924-355A160C4C92, Aug 29, 2016
  2. DadBart
    DadBart Guest
    XBox One S supports 4k, but Netflix/Amazon doesn't recognize, Plex/MediaPlayer just a green screen with audio

So basically the statement on MS Store that you can stream Netflix and Amazon in 4k is false when it comes to Amazon?

The Netflix 4k works fine on mine and so does 4k HDR disc playback. Amazon has not updated the app in years and it certainly does not list any 4k categories for purchase or play. My Roku 4 does. A little peeved at Vudu too. They haven't updated their app
    for Xbox One or S in years.

Can't get an answer out of Amazon as to why they are listed as supported for 4k, but they have not updated their app.

DadBart, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Jbaker1225
    Jbaker1225 Guest
    Xbox One S HDR Bug

Nemesis971, the Xbox One Amazon app does not currently support 4K, so you won't have any HDR problems caused by that app.

Jbaker1225, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest

The developers of the applications would need to add 4k output for the Xbox one S Microsoft / Xbox has no control over their updates.

It's best to try to reach out to them asking for 4k / HDR output.

Qwertei, Aug 29, 2016
  5. I did, but Microsoft has a relationship with the developers that I don't and has a direct communication line with them. Microsoft can at least let us know if this functionality is in the pipeline.

cryogenic-102DDDC8-FAA6-493B-B924-355A160C4C92, Aug 30, 2016
  6. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hey cryogenic -

Sounds like a good idea. I'd head over to the
    Xbox Feedback
    site and see if anyone else has posted the same thing so you can vote for it. If no one has, feel free to make a new suggestion about it. Please work with Amazon to add support for 4K and HDR on the Amazon App :)

Miss Bijoux, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey cryogenic -

Sounds like a good idea. I'd head over to the
    Xbox Feedback
    site and see if anyone else has posted the same thing so you can vote for it. If no one has, feel free to make a new suggestion about it. :)
  8. cryogenic-102DDDC8-F Win User

I did, but Microsoft has a relationship with the developers that I don't and has a direct communication line with them. Microsoft can at least let us know if this functionality is in the pipeline.
  9. Qwertei Win User

The developers of the applications would need to add 4k output for the Xbox one S Microsoft / Xbox has no control over their updates.

It's best to try to reach out to them asking for 4k / HDR output.
  10. DadBart Win User

XBox One S supports 4k, but Netflix/Amazon doesn't recognize, Plex/MediaPlayer just a green screen with audio

So basically the statement on MS Store that you can stream Netflix and Amazon in 4k is false when it comes to Amazon?

The Netflix 4k works fine on mine and so does 4k HDR disc playback. Amazon has not updated the app in years and it certainly does not list any 4k categories for purchase or play. My Roku 4 does. A little peeved at Vudu too. They haven't updated their app
    for Xbox One or S in years.

Can't get an answer out of Amazon as to why they are listed as supported for 4k, but they have not updated their app.
  11. Jbaker1225 Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

Nemesis971, the Xbox One Amazon app does not currently support 4K, so you won't have any HDR problems caused by that app.
Thema:

1. Please work with Amazon to add support for 4K and HDR on the Amazon App - Similar Threads - Please Amazon add

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...: I will spawn count on GTA5 and harassed thing received a band. I want to get the band took off my account, please b98640e6-dad2-499d-9a2d-cf13b1b135cb
  5. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  8. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  9. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  10. Alright I need help please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alright I need help please: I am so close to trashing this Xbox. I am playing madden and mid game play it just crashes and goes to dashboard. It also happens to almost every single one of my games besides the Xbox 360 games....