Please stop Automatically deleting Video Clips on the Local Xbox Drive

Discus and support Please stop Automatically deleting Video Clips on the Local Xbox Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I get auto deleting on the Live Upload function. But WHY does Xbox have the ability to automatically delete clips I just recorded 2 weeks ago? It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MetroOdin996059, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Please stop Automatically deleting Video Clips on the Local Xbox Drive

I get auto deleting on the Live Upload function.

But WHY does Xbox have the ability to automatically delete clips I just recorded 2 weeks ago?

It makes no sense!

There's no warning, there's no info anywhere.

I literally recorded clips 2 weeks ago and they're gone already, online it says the clips will be deleted after 90 days.

That's not true.

I don't understand what the problem was with keeping clips on the local drive either?

Why was it changed to be auto deleted?

I think this is kind of an important issue since streaming and recording games is a big deal these days.

Ruining the customers experience with deleting their clips they recorded without asking is kind of a slap in the face to the whole function of it.

Especially when I have plenty of available space on the harddrive.

At LEAST be consistent with how many days my clips will be available for me to upload to Onedrive
    Right now they are just gone every once in a while even when I think I'm backing up quickly.

Please fix this

:)

MetroOdin996059, Aug 6, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I am really sorry about that.

About this the system is deleting the clips because it is trying to find space to load the new clips you make, that is, it can delete from your oldest or newest clip. If you have any suggestions on what could be improved on Xbox, or if you would like to share your feedback about it, you can go to the link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

*I hope this can help you.
  3. LordTed9804 Win User

It deletes them because it is trying to make space for all your other clips and screenshots so it has to delete some on your latest or oldest.
  4. RedCarGamer Win User

can you recover auto deleted clips?

See if they are still available in the hard drive. (Captures Menu - Filter for "Saved in console")

The best is to explain how works the capture system in xbox one. When you capture a screenshot or a clip the first thing that the console do is save locally, in the hard drive and then will automatically (if you have cloud space available) upload to xbox live
    server. Even if you delete or xbox live deletes the capture, it will be always available locally in the hard drive.
  5. Frathos Win User

Removed DVR Clip

Is it included in these clips?

gamerdvr savvyhobgoblin clip's

What quality is your clip recorded at? If it's 4K on Xbox then you have to manually upload the clip that you want to share. The console has limited storage space for video clips and will automatically delete older clips when the space is needed for a newer
    clip. If it was deleted from console and never uploaded then sorry, it's gone forever.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is there any way to turn off the Xbox deleting my captures that are on my Xbox?

As far as I know, there is no way to stop them from auto-deleting, but you could connect an external hard drive to the console and use that for your screenshots and video clips. When you connect the drive do not format it for games, and make the storage the default for screenshots and game clips, and then you will be able to connect the drive to a PC to watch them or transfer them to another device if you wish.
Thema:

1. Please stop Automatically deleting Video Clips on the Local Xbox Drive - Similar Threads - Please stop Automatically

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...: I will spawn count on GTA5 and harassed thing received a band. I want to get the band took off my account, please b98640e6-dad2-499d-9a2d-cf13b1b135cb
  5. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  6. How do i deactivate or stop is this charges my nephew dont even have a XBOX anymore? Please...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i deactivate or stop is this charges my nephew dont even have a XBOX anymore? Please...: How do i deactivate or stop is this charges my nephew dont even have a XBOX anymore? Please help it even charged me 3 times this month. 9b216628-6dba-40fc-b2a0-95451df5df2b
  7. PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11: I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are updated, I even reinstalled all of them; bios,...
  8. Please stop changing the mfin UI bruh

in XboX Insiders
    Please stop changing the mfin UI bruh: Why do yall keep changing the UI? It was fine before. Its just annoying cuz it messes with muscle memory when you put things in different spots. If it aint broke, dont fix it! submitted by...
  9. PLEASE stop doing this to me

in XBoX Accessibility
    PLEASE stop doing this to me: Hello, I have kids, they play minecraft which is tied to my microsoft account. Every time the game updates it signs them out and i am forced to reset my password across all of microsoft. I either...
  10. I don't know anything about this Microsoft ultimate please stop deducting money on my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know anything about this Microsoft ultimate please stop deducting money on my...: Cancel this and stop deducting money on my account 170d2ea5-082c-406e-a09b-e9d85d050508