Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...

Discus and support Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on Bluetooth it switches the HDMI setting on the sound bar to TV I don't know... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by R3troSlayer, Jul 14, 2023.

1. R3troSlayer
    R3troSlayer Guest

Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...

When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on Bluetooth it switches the HDMI setting on the sound bar to TV I don't know what's going on please help

:)

R3troSlayer, Jul 14, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on Bluetooth it switches the sound bar HDMI setting to TV

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Check your soundbar's settings: Look for any options related to HDMI inputs or switching, and ensure that the Bluetooth connection is not set to automatically switch to the TV input when it detects a signal from the Xbox controller.

Reset your soundbar: Try resetting your soundbar to its default settings. Refer to the user manual or contact the manufacturer for instructions on how to perform a reset.

Update firmware: Make sure your soundbar's firmware is up to date. Check the manufacturer's website or contact their support for information on how to update the firmware.

Test with a different controller: If possible, try using a different Xbox controller to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the controller or a broader compatibility issue.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Black screen on my first boot

Do you see anything at all when you press the white Home button on the controller? Sometimes when I start my Xbox One up, I get a black screen and I have to press the white Home button which will open the side bar menu. Then I press Home and it brings
    up the home screen. It's very strange but I get this black screen sometimes too.
  4. Ahmedaboouf Win User

Black screen on my first boot

Do you see anything at all when you press the white Home button on the controller? Sometimes when I start my Xbox One up, I get a black screen and I have to press the white Home button which will open the side bar menu. Then I press Home and it
    brings up the home screen. It's very strange but I get this black screen sometimes too.
    Nothing at all
  5. Aidanp51 Win User

Xbox One Sidebar issue :(

The high contrast thing did not work for me please help
    Same here, when i press the home button, rather than bringing up the bar or anything the screen just gets dim until i press the home button again, returning me to my game. I cant change games or access my home screen without turning off the xbox, and even
    when i click my profile it just dims also. High contrast was already off for me. any ideas?
  6. Herbino Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

Thanks for your reply, I understand that's the case however I was more concerned about the buttons that control the actual Xbox such as the home button and the navigation buttons. For example of I press the Xbox home button will it turn on my Xbox the same
    way it does when pressed on the controller.
Thema:

1. Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on... - Similar Threads - Please help press

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  4. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  5. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  6. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  7. Alright I need help please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alright I need help please: I am so close to trashing this Xbox. I am playing madden and mid game play it just crashes and goes to dashboard. It also happens to almost every single one of my games besides the Xbox 360 games....
  8. Can you please help me fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you please help me fix this: Xbox please help me fix this issue please (Xbox live core services) whenever I try to load in a game it says that you have to be signed into an Xbox series x/s account to be able to play but then...
  9. Is this normal?! Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this normal?! Please help!: I have an Xbox 360 the white one where you lay them down and all that and mine was never had any issues I mean I've done the red light of death before and I didn't think anything of it and it's...
  10. Someone please help with my Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Someone please help with my Xbox: Why is my Xbox so hot even when it's turned off, when I go to turn it on it sounds like a jet for a brief second but then quiets back down to normal. I cleaned it out yesterday so theres now no...