PLEASE HELP!! very confused here...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!! very confused here... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; please forgive me in advance if these questions sound ridiculous but im genuinely confused.... so i have been using xbox to store and play all the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Eleven_27, Jul 5, 2022.

1. /u/Eleven_27
    /u/Eleven_27 Guest

please forgive me in advance if these questions sound ridiculous but im genuinely confused....

so i have been using xbox to store and play all the games i have on my pc. i do not own an xbox console but both my desktop and laptop have the xbox app on them. both devices are windows 10, have the exact same accounts and games on them. they are nearly identical in every way. i have a few questions about xbox:

1. the games in my library only show up on my laptop and desktop, not my ipad or phone. my ipad is, of course, an apple product and i have an android phone meaning neither of them are microsoft devices. my initial thought as to why my games dont show in the library on my ipad and phone is because they are not microsoft devices and i didnt buy the games through them. is this true? do the games only show up on the devices you bought them on?
    2. i only have 3 games on my xbox account. these are minecraft, stardew valley and dead rising 4. minecraft and dr4 were bought through the microsoft store and are linked to my xbox account, where i can view my achievements and game progress. stardew valley was bought through the xbox app **NOT GAME PASS!!** i can view achievements and game progress of stardew just like i can mc and dr4. are all these games bought through the xbox app? were my minecraft and dr4 bought on the same store as stardew? are buying games through microsoft store and the xbox app (not game pass) the same thing??
    3. if i buy another windows computer and sign in to my xbox account, will all my games be there? this links to question 2; will my minecraft and dr4 be on my xbox like stardew valley is, even though they were bought on a different store?

thank you so much for help!! PLEASE HELP!! very confused here... :)

submitted by /u/Eleven_27
    [link] [comments]

/u/Eleven_27, Jul 5, 2022
  2. VibroPlex Win User

Please help, very confused!

Actually, UPnP, as per the Connectivity support folks with Xbox, can cause problems if used with Port Forwarding and if used with DMZ, so please consider all three of those as mutually exclusive.

If you can connect with just UPnP, that's the best solution, as that's the only way to reliably connect with mutliple Xboxes on a network.

If you have only one Xbox, then you can use Port Forwarding or DMZ if UPnP fails. Port Forwarding of port 3074 (UDP+TCP Both) is preferred as it delivers data to the Xbox with less overhead, and does not deliver irrelevant data to the Xbox.
  3. taidara Win User

Greetings!

What is the make and model of your router? Is there any special reason to why you wan't to configure Port Forward or DMZ over UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)?
  4. taidara Win User

Do you have a problem with your NAT being moderate or strict? If not, UPnP will handle automatic Port Forward on your router (as long as it is capable of doing so) so there is no need to manually configure your router for Port Forward or DMZ. Therefore it
    is not necessary to immerse ourselves any further into this topic as long as your router can handle outbound and inbound connections to each and every endpoint with UPnP.

I would rather suggest that you make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware.

If you have any concerns, please let us know. :)
  5. DjVirginiak Win User

Good question. You never want to use PF and DMZ at the same time. DMZ short for demilitarized zone will put the xbox outside the firewall of your network fixing some NAT issues.

UPnP can be enalbed with PF or DMZ. If you have more then one xbox you only want to enable UPnP and dont DMZ or PF. If you would like more support with your issue please call Xbox networking support.
  6. Lint87 Win User

UPnP is enabled. Does this mean I dont need to do either PF or DMZ?
Thema:

1. PLEASE HELP!! very confused here... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP very

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  5. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  6. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  7. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  8. Very high latency can u please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very high latency can u please help me: have very hi latency on Xbox series s I ran a network test on test network speed & statistics and I’m getting a latency of 202 I believe that is causing me delay and lag on nba 2k24 can u please...
  9. My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.: The rig 300 hc headset mic is barely picking up my voice. Please help 36db2845-0636-4bd2-8613-ff9d00c4b1b4
  10. Xbox One X won't play anything, and very very slow, Please someone Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't play anything, and very very slow, Please someone Help: I have an Xbox One X, and it is taking forever to start, I finally get it to and then everything is telling me it's taking to long to load error or just close back to home screen, it's freezing up...