please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and...

Discus and support please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; but it works on all other games also tried a different computer which does the same thing since the update on msfs2020 tried with the cable and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by steve hubacsek, Oct 7, 2023.

1. please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and...

but it works on all other games also tried a different computer which does the same thing since the update on msfs2020

tried with the cable and Bluetooth still crashes but if I disconnect or switch off the controller the game loads

have updated the controllers no sucsses

:)

steve hubacsek, Oct 7, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and bluetooth still crashes if i disconected it it will load

Hello steve hubacsek,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox controller while playing Microsoft Flight Simulator. Based on the information you've provided; it seems like the issue is specific to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and not with the controller itself. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure that your controller is up to date with the latest firmware. You can do this by connecting your controller to your Xbox or PC and checking for updates.

2. Power cycle controller: Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

3. Check your controller settings in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 to make sure that the controller is properly configured. You can do this by going to the Options menu and selecting Controls. From there, you can check the controller settings and make any necessary adjustments.

4. If none of the above steps work, you may want to try contacting the game's support team for further assistance. Link: Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. MiguelCarballal Win User

please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and bluetooth still crashes if i disconected it it will load

Hi, I am having the same issue since last update, as soon as I plug in the xbox controller on the PC the game crashes CTD.

How did you solve your issue please?
  4. steve hubacsek Win User

but it works on all other games also tried a different computer which does the same thing since the update on msfs2020

tried with the cable and Bluetooth still crashes but if I disconnect or switch off the controller the game loads

have updated the controllers no sucsses
    thank you so much for your assistance

all working again sorry for the delay

regards steve
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Kellino Win User

Whenever I connect a controller to Flight Sim The game closes.

I have the same issue.

I have gone through multiple iterations of graphics drivers, scanning system files, and completely reinstalling the game multiple times (including today's 14 release).

The CTD is always in NTDLL.DLL. And it happens when the XBOX wireless controller is connected to the PC.

If I start FS without the controller it runs perfectly, but will CTD the instant the wireless controller is paired.

If I start FS with the controller already connected, it will CTD about 3 seconds after the Safe mode question/prompt.

With all the re-installs and driver changes that I've done, the one constant seems to be whether the Xbox controller is connected.
Thema:

please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and...

1. please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and... - Similar Threads - please help controller

2. Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!: My Xbox controller has really bad left stick drift, after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail, it was suggested to request a replacement controller. I tried to submit this...
  3. My Controller is glitching out and doing things on its own please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Controller is glitching out and doing things on its own please help: I have had this issue a total of 4 times now of my Xbox controller glitching out I just got a new series X controller and it didn’t fix anything please help me it’s not my controllers being broken...
  4. I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me: Please help me from this problem e8a587df-a9bc-4ab6-89ad-527665aa50cd
  5. Please Help X Box Controller Disabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help X Box Controller Disabled: Hi, I would very much to buy and play Starfield Deluxe on the XBox X. The problem is that my right hand is recovering from major surgery and box compartment syndrome. For this reason my trigger...
  6. PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11: I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are updated, I even reinstalled all of them; bios,...
  7. Can someone please help me putting in all of the numbers for the pin on an Xbox controller....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone please help me putting in all of the numbers for the pin on an Xbox controller....: So I got my grandson an Xbox. Had to put a pin on it . I know what the pin is , but the controller is very confusing. What buttons do I use to enter the numbers 1-10 . What keys or buttons do I...
  8. Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.: Controller unsyncs mid game but controller is still on. I tried holding controller button down to reset. I disconnected console from the wall. Works fine for a but until it starts doing it again....
  9. Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please?: all the buttons on my xbox controller arent working abit of help plz 5dbf765d-52f3-44bd-9c62-360bc5a1a465
  10. Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.: I have created different gamertags and assigned them to each controller, still can’t play together in any game. The only option it’s showing is Co-pilot which we don’t want to do, we want to play...