Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is...

Discus and support Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a sceptre 1440p 27 inch monitor that supports 165 hz on display port. I used a hdmi to DisplayPort adapter, which supports 2k at 120 hz or more.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C S-1984, Feb 7, 2024.

1. C S-1984
    C S-1984 Guest

Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is...

I have a sceptre 1440p 27 inch monitor that supports 165 hz on display port. I used a hdmi to DisplayPort adapter, which supports 2k at 120 hz or more. I can’t choose 1440p and 120 hz at the same time even though my monitor allows it. I’ve heard going to auto detect can help, but I don’t see the refresh rate when I go to it. And I also can’t choose hdr on hdmi overscan. Please help, I don’t know why I can’t see the refresh rate option on my Xbox.

:)

C S-1984, Feb 7, 2024
  2. Problem Investigator Win User

My LG Monitor supports 1440p @ 120 hz but xbox series x wont let me do it . Caps it at 1080 120

This worked on a xbox one s connected to a LG 32GN600

1. Goto Settings/General/Tv & Display options, under Advanced select Video modes and Uncheck everything.

2. Under Advanced select Video fidelity & overscan, Set Display Overrides to Auto-detect, 1440p 120hz will not be accepted with anything but the following -->Set Video fidelity Color depth to 24 bits per pixil (8 bit).

3. Set Resolution to 1440p, set Refresh Rate to 120hz, it worked for me.

After 1440p 120hz was accepted, the following could be changed:

Video fidelity, Color depth, 30 bits per pixil

Video modes, Allow variable refresh rate. (monitor confirmed)

Video modes, Allow HDR10

Video modes, Allow 4K. (In Halo Inf, HDR only worked with this checked, the monitor reported a 4K 60hz signal with HDR when playing, after exiting Halo the signal returned to 1440p 120hz.)

Note: A new Resolution 4K UHD, 60hz was added to the dropdown lists Only after doing steps 1,2,3 above (in that order) and checking Allow 4K. This option works on this monitor. Xbox upscales to 4k and the monitor downscales to 1440p.

Supported Hdmi Pc 1440p 120hz timings are HF183khz, VF120hz, P+/+
  3. BrycePowers Win User

series x not supporting 1440p/144hz monitor

Go to Fidelity and overscan in the video settings. Instead of auto detect, switch to hdmi. It will look blurry after changing, then go to your display settings and you should be able to select 1440p and 120hz.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox series X and Acer Nitro RG321QU 120hz 1440p

On Video fidelity & overscan > Display > Please change "Overrides" to "HDMI".

On the previous screen, on "Display" you will see a drop down boxes for "Resolution" and "Refresh rate". See if you can now change it to 1440p and 120hz.

If you still cannot use 120hz, please confirm that you are using a HDMI 2.0 port and cable.
  5. Speedster996 Win User

How do I find the motion enhancement/anti judder option in my TV?

Sorry, I failed to mention: I'm on SX and the TV is hdmi 2.1 capable.

If I enable VRR, I can no longer use the motion smoothening, anti-judder feature so I need to keep that off and ALLM from the Xbox settings as well.

I do have to lower resolution to 1440p to enable 120hz by using manual override instead of auto-detect. That's odd I think, as the TV should show the two refresh rates available but there's no refresh rate option at all just 4k uhd, 1080p and 720p. When I do the manual override thing, I don't see 4k uhd as a resolution option although the 60hz/120hz option below that pops up!

Why is that though?
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

It depends on what resolution your going to play at and the resolution of the tv,

if 4K, you need HDMI 2.1 to get 4K at 120hz refresh rate,

HDMI 2.0 will only allow 4K at 60hz.

if your at 1080p/1440p, HDMI 2.0 will be ok for 120hz refresh rate, however if it is 1080p/1440p i would recommend getting the Xbox Series S as that is aimed at 1080p/1440p.
Thema:

1. Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is... - Similar Threads - Please help refresh

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  5. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  6. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  7. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  8. Alright I need help please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alright I need help please: I am so close to trashing this Xbox. I am playing madden and mid game play it just crashes and goes to dashboard. It also happens to almost every single one of my games besides the Xbox 360 games....
  9. Can you please help me fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you please help me fix this: Xbox please help me fix this issue please (Xbox live core services) whenever I try to load in a game it says that you have to be signed into an Xbox series x/s account to be able to play but then...
  10. Is this normal?! Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this normal?! Please help!: I have an Xbox 360 the white one where you lay them down and all that and mine was never had any issues I mean I've done the red light of death before and I didn't think anything of it and it's...