Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts

Discus and support Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, so I set up last Christmas my 14year old his Xbox series x using my Microsoft log in details and now his Xbox profile thinks he is me and also... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by louise dade, Dec 30, 2023.

1. louise dade
    louise dade Guest

Hi all, so I set up last Christmas my 14year old his Xbox series x using my Microsoft log in details and now his Xbox profile thinks he is me and also now I have downloaded the Xbox family app shows his game profile as the organiser. How do I fix this without him loosing all his game levels and in game purchases ?

Second problem- I am trying to set up my 9year old sons new Xbox one s and if I use my Microsoft log in to set up the console it says welcome Prince blah which is my 14 year olds game profile. How do I stop this please?

Also should I be getting my 9year old his own Microsoft email to set up his Xbox one s or should I be using mine?

This feels like a huge maze of overlapping pieces to me and I don’t know where to start. Any help is hugely appreciated. Please explain it to a zero tech mind lol

:)

louise dade, Dec 30, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Yes, you would need your own account that is an adult account and he would need his own account that would be a child account. You would want to register his under his name so in the future, he will be the owner of the account.
  3. louise dade Win User

Thank you for explaining this. So in order for my younger son to have me as a family leader and set his screen time etc would I need to make myself a new Microsoft account and then make him his own one too so I appear as the adult and he as the child? And then would I register the new Xbox in my account name or his?

I wish they would put adult details required and child details required to make this clearer 🤦‍♀️

Thank you so much for your help
  4. louise dade Win User

Thank you that’s great so I will make him a child Microsoft account and me an adult one.

When I set up the Xbox though and it asks for Microsoft account details would I put mine or his please? Sorry to not get this😊 If I put his on the Xbox won’t it think he is the adult leader again?
  5. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft accounts and Xbox accounts are essentially the same. So since your 14 yr old's account was set up under your Microsoft account, that is also his Xbox account. He would either need to continue using that account or you would need to create a new account for him, but he will have to start over.

You can only have 1 account tied to a Microsoft account, so for your other son, you would need to create them a new account.
  6. louise dade Win User

Thank you so much for your help, I will give it a try in the morning.
Thema:

1. Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Please help I’m

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  5. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  6. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  7. I’m trying to log into a old account please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to log into a old account please help: I’m trying to log into a old account, but the email i used is already linked to two of my Xbox account and the third one I’m trying to access is also but I don’t know how to get into it out of my...
  8. i’m lost. please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    i’m lost. please help.: my xbox series X hdmi port won’t work at all, i even tried different cables. so i just did a warranty exchange and my main question is i selected the one for sending my xbox in, how does that work...
  9. Help please, I’m locked out of my Microsoft account even though I have the password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help please, I’m locked out of my Microsoft account even though I have the password: I’m locked out of my account due to having to send the security code to a phone number I No longer have, the best thing I can do is go through the recovery process but pretty much everything is...
  10. I’m having trouble with an achievement not unlocking when it should. Please help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m having trouble with an achievement not unlocking when it should. Please help.: I have been trying to complete the game Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. One of the achievements in this game called “I’m Only Gonna Get Stronger!” is refusing to unlock. I have already completed the...