Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...

Discus and support Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; An internet search tells me this is a frequent problem, it seems. But it's one of those where you never find anyone getting a satisfactory answer. And... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KnuckleClustrMeDaddy, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...

An internet search tells me this is a frequent problem, it seems. But it's one of those where you never find anyone getting a satisfactory answer. And when ppl explain writing Xbox for assistance, they get the same formulaic answer that doesn't work.

Suddenly my captured vids/screenshots won't appear at all on my Xbox app. I've never had this problem before.

I upload them from my Xbox(old azz Xbox one), like always, and the console itself tells me the upload was successful. I will shortly get a notification on my phone saying the app has a new capture, 'press here to view'. When I do, it just says "you appear to be stranded, try again later" then when I go directly to my captures on the app, no new ones appear, no matter how much I refresh. The internet tells me it's probably because I've maxed my 10gb cloud allowance....so I tried to delete several on the app and the console itself. The ones on the app say they've been deleted successfully but when I refresh, they come back.

Does anyone have a legit answer to this?

The common answer I see, that no one has ever said works, is the Xbox assistance reply to delete vids in the app cloud and do some goofy console preference changes back and forth about automatically uploading vids when captured, then switching it back to not automatically uploading. Makes no sense to me for it to be on the console side when I literally see the upload bar working and then get the app noti, saying it's been uploaded and 'tap to view'

Please help! I make weekly wrap up videos for me and my gaming partner (Apex Legends) and it's very important to me.

Additional info and tldr; -worked 3 days ago and the vids I already downloaded to my phone from the app, still have the white dot indicating they are 'new and haven't been watched' even tho I've literally downloaded them to phone already -cant seem to delete old vids on the app -Ive uninstall/reinstalled the app, there's no new updates for it -console and app give noti that uploads are successful but they never show up on app -Im desperate

Thank you for reading this far and if you can be my hero, I will love you forever.

submitted by /u/KnuckleClustrMeDaddy
    [link] [comments]

/u/KnuckleClustrMeDaddy, Apr 23, 2023
  2. StraightOuttaAz Win User

Why can't I delete my captures? Xbox series x

This issue is new to me, before i could delete captures easily through my xbox series s. However today i cannot delete captures from live using my Xbox, the Xbox app on my phone, or through the app on my PC. It appears to delete successfully but upon a refresh every clip is back on there.

i only noticed this issue because a clip i was uploading would give a noti that it uploaded from my app but not through my xbox and when i check my uploaded files it doesnt appear. I thought it may be an issue with too many uploads so i tried deleting and soon realized Microsoft has some explaining to do.
  3. J427-3A9D5726-0B54-4 Win User

Game captures will not play

I'm also having this issue. I've uploaded video captures to OneDrive and tried to view them through the OneDrive app, and even on my computer, and they still won't play. I can open them using VLC, but converting to a different format won't work either. Is
    this an issue with the Dashboard update? My console was just recently updated.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Unable to share external HD captures on Xbox Live

What you need to do is copy your captures to the captures folder on Windows 10, should be in your videos folder. Then launch the Xbox app, select captures, then select this pc, and your captures should be listed, select the capture you want to upload, and
    give it a name, and choose the game it's for, and select upload. Once it is uploaded it will take a few hours to go on the xbox live feed.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

How do i transfer my gameplay videos to my smartphone from my xbox one?

Go to the App Store, or Google Play and download the Xbox app. You can then upload your game captures to Xbox Live, then use the mobile Xbox App to download your captures after they're uploaded to Xbox Live. You can also click on the share options for
    your captures and upload them to Onedrive and use the mobile Onedrive App to download to your phone.
Thema:

Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...

1. Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's... - Similar Threads - Please help I'm

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  5. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  6. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  7. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  8. I bought avatar frontiers of Pandora but now I'm apparently getting charged again please help

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought avatar frontiers of Pandora but now I'm apparently getting charged again please help: I already bought the avatar frontiers of Pandora game online now I'm getting a message saying I'm going to be charged again 10 days before the game releases but I've already been charged for the...
  9. I guess I'm hacked??? Idk please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I guess I'm hacked??? Idk please help: It shows I'm playing a game I don't own, it has done this before. Then I get a charge witch first Alerted me to this and now I get achievements on that game, no one in my family has access to my...
  10. Please help me i'm trying to install microsoft flight simulator (standard) and it keeps...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help me i'm trying to install microsoft flight simulator (standard) and it keeps...: My internet is working fine, i've got enough storage, i even bought xbox live gold because i thought that might be the problem (don't want to refund that btw) I even reset my xbox and nothing...