PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11

Discus and support PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AarynC, Oct 8, 2023.

1. AarynC
    AarynC Guest

I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are updated, I even reinstalled all of them; bios, bluetooth, lan, wireless, graphics card, etc. I reset my computer as well and it was doing fine for a little, then it happened again. I got another controller, it doesn't work as well. I also updated my controller firmware, no luck. Windows is up to date as is everything else.

Specs:

TUF Gaming Z690 Plus Wifi d4

Intel I7 12700K

32 Gb Ram ddr4 4000

3070TI

2 Tb SSD

2 Tb Hard Drive

650 WATT Platinum

:)

AarynC, Oct 8, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Having tried multiple troubleshoots without any success, I advise you format your Windows.

Resetting your PC lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's performance, security, browsing experience, and battery life.

For more details on how to give your PC a Fresh Start, kindly visit: https://support.microsoft.com/windo...sh-start-0ef73740-b927-549b-b7c9-e6f2b48d275e

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. MarshallCouch Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

I recently started having this same issue with Windows 11. I'm using a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired controller. Sometimes a button will get stuck on disconnect. Looks like the light stays on the controller like it's still connected.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

Hi Ekaterina! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller.

If I may ask, does the disconnection still happen if you have connected your controller using a USB cable?

If yes, kindly try to update the controller's firmware using Windows PC to see if it works according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

"Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported."

Then check if the disconnection would still occur.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HALO INFINITE NO DETECTA MI GRAFICA

Hi,

If a game is stubbornly using your integrated graphics you'll need to force it either in Windows itself, or via the NVIDIA control panel. Rather than me waffle on how to do it, these guides should be able to assist you:

How to set default graphics in Windows 10 and NVIDIA control panel

The NVIDIA control panel should allow you to set the GTX1050 for all games as well as individual titles . The Windows settings allows you to set the option per game or app.

If your running Windows 11: How to set default graphics in Windows 11

The NVIDIA control panel is the same for Windows 10 and 11. However, to get it to show via the desktop shortcut in Win 11, you'll either need to right click and choose 'Show more Options' or hold down Shift and press the F10 key, then Click on the NVIDIA Control Panel.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Intermittent Controllers After Update

Hey there FancyCalf51007,

Sorry to hear about the controller disconnecting issues. Please take a look at this guide and see if it helps out with the disconnecting issue. Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

Let us know how it goes!
Thema:

1. PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11 - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP controller

2. Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!: My Xbox controller has really bad left stick drift, after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail, it was suggested to request a replacement controller. I tried to submit this...
  3. My Controller is glitching out and doing things on its own please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Controller is glitching out and doing things on its own please help: I have had this issue a total of 4 times now of my Xbox controller glitching out I just got a new series X controller and it didn’t fix anything please help me it’s not my controllers being broken...
  4. I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me: Please help me from this problem e8a587df-a9bc-4ab6-89ad-527665aa50cd
  5. Please Help X Box Controller Disabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help X Box Controller Disabled: Hi, I would very much to buy and play Starfield Deluxe on the XBox X. The problem is that my right hand is recovering from major surgery and box compartment syndrome. For this reason my trigger...
  6. please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    please help the xbox controller ctd on msfs2020 but no other games tried with cable and...: but it works on all other games also tried a different computer which does the same thing since the update on msfs2020 tried with the cable and Bluetooth still crashes but if I disconnect or...
  7. Can someone please help me putting in all of the numbers for the pin on an Xbox controller....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone please help me putting in all of the numbers for the pin on an Xbox controller....: So I got my grandson an Xbox. Had to put a pin on it . I know what the pin is , but the controller is very confusing. What buttons do I use to enter the numbers 1-10 . What keys or buttons do I...
  8. Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.: Controller unsyncs mid game but controller is still on. I tried holding controller button down to reset. I disconnected console from the wall. Works fine for a but until it starts doing it again....
  9. Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please?: all the buttons on my xbox controller arent working abit of help plz 5dbf765d-52f3-44bd-9c62-360bc5a1a465
  10. Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.: I have created different gamertags and assigned them to each controller, still can’t play together in any game. The only option it’s showing is Co-pilot which we don’t want to do, we want to play...