Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.

Discus and support Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have created different gamertags and assigned them to each controller, still can’t play together in any game. The only option it’s showing is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by apoorva tyagi, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.

I have created different gamertags and assigned them to each controller, still can’t play together in any game. The only option it’s showing is Co-pilot which we don’t want to do, we want to play as separate individuals in 1 multiplayer game. I read the exact question here from someone but the response under it didn’t provide any solution.

:)

apoorva tyagi, Jul 27, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

What game are you trying to play?

Not every game offers to possibility to split-screen
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

How does one delete a controller/accessory?

Hi there Dan Hurt,

Thanks for the update. Take a look at the following troubleshooting article
    Configuring the Elite controller
    for more information.

• The slots correspond with the Profile Switch in the middle of your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. You can have two different profiles saved to your controller at one time. For example, if Slot 1 is your shooter profile and Slot 2 is your racing profile,
      just flip the switch and you're ready to go. You won't need to adjust any other settings. You can also do this while you play a game.
    • Your configuration of the slots travels with your controllers. If you take your controller to a friend's house, the configuration will be saved on the controller and usable there.
    • If you customize Slot 1 or Slot 2 on your controller on a different console, the new configuration will be saved to the controller and overwrite your old configuration.

I recommend reviewing the configuration for the elite controller.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  4. mmod Win User

Controller Profile Doesn't work once unplugged Win10

Article you linked states:

The slots correspond with the profile switch in the middle of your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. You can have two different profiles saved to your controller at one time. For example, if Slot 1 is your shooter profile and Slot 2 is your racing profile, just flip the switch and you're ready to go. You won't need to adjust any other settings. You can also do this while you play a game.

Your configuration of the slots travels with your controllers. If you take your controller to a friend's house, the configuration will be saved on the controller and usable there.

I've saved the profile to slot 1, but once i unplug the WIRELESS controller I cannot use the profile i saved to that slot. The article states "it's saved to controller", but it doesn't seem to be doing that. How do I get it to save onto the controller?
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Button mapping

Hey sqrlley,

You can button map a standard controller as well. It's not unique to the Elite controller, it's only that the Elite controller has the ability to switch between two different profiles while you game by just flipping a switch on the controller from Slot 1
    to Slot 2. You can make more than one profile on a standard controller, but you would just need to open up the Xbox Accessories app anytime you want to switch profiles.

When you open the app, it will show you a picture of your controller. Select "Configure" and then select "New Profile" you can name it however you want. Button map using the drop down menu you see or by holding the button you want to change and then you
    press the corresponding button you want to change it to. Once you've set up your button mapping press B to back out and then you can select the dropdown menu saying "No Slot" for the profile, from there select Slot 1 and it should now say Profile 1 or whatever
    you named it to.

Follow this
    guide
    for further information.

I hope this is helpful!
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Button mapping

Hey sqrlley,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue being experienced. I'd be happy to help.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Xbox Elite controller? As that is the only first party controller with the ability to switch between button mapping slots.

Whenever you try to add a profile to a slot and it reverts back to Default, that means the profile you made had no changes so it stays on Default. The slot name will change from Default to Profile 1 or however you named it when you make a button map change
    or change any of the other settings the Xbox Elite controller can configure. Once you save the changes, Slot 1 will change to Profile 1 or whatever you named it to.

A
    power cycle
    to your console may also be a good idea to start off fresh.
Thema:

1. Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration. - Similar Threads - Please help Bought

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  5. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  6. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  7. I bought avatar frontiers of Pandora but now I'm apparently getting charged again please help

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought avatar frontiers of Pandora but now I'm apparently getting charged again please help: I already bought the avatar frontiers of Pandora game online now I'm getting a message saying I'm going to be charged again 10 days before the game releases but I've already been charged for the...
  8. I have a negative problem so i bought plat and i still can't play. can someone please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a negative problem so i bought plat and i still can't play. can someone please help: I have a negative plat problem so i bought plat and it still won't let me play I could really use some help 3e86f927-a222-4e7b-89a6-b37bcc718cda
  9. I bought Forza Horizon 5 Premium and my forza online is grayed, please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Forza Horizon 5 Premium and my forza online is grayed, please help: I bought Forza Horizon 5 Premium and my forza online is grayed, out. I've tried redownloading, checking my ban history (I haven't been banned) turning on all x box settings (including the You can...
  10. Hi please help me. I bought the Minecraft JAVA from Microsoft Japan website for my son but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi please help me. I bought the Minecraft JAVA from Microsoft Japan website for my son but...: We are in Singapore and want to play it in Singapore. But I couldn't buy it from Microsoft Singapore web in SGD, I bought it on Japanese Microsoft with Japanese yen. Thank you for your help....