Please Develop More Games for Kinect on Xbox One

Discus and support Please Develop More Games for Kinect on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why Microsoft and other companies stopped developing KINECT GAMES FOR XBOX ONE CONSOLE? I have recently purchased Xbox One Console with Kinect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gopal Veeranala, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Please Develop More Games for Kinect on Xbox One

Why Microsoft and other companies stopped developing KINECT GAMES FOR XBOX ONE CONSOLE?

I have recently purchased Xbox One Console with Kinect especially for Kinect Games, but I have seen these days that, no new games added to Kinect for Xbox One , also there is Backward Compatibility for Kinect Games,

Now I am disappointed and planning sell my Xbox One and buy Xbox 360
    please develop all the Kinect 360 Games for Xbox One Kinect.

Thank You

:)

Gopal Veeranala, Mar 25, 2017
  2. Where to Start developing XBox One Game having Kinect Capabilties

Hi there,

I am very new to XBox One game! I want to develop a XBox One game having Kinect capabilities. Can anyone please help me to resolve few queries?

1- What framework should be suitable to develop game for me - as i am new to gaming?

2- What will be the process for beat testing & How can i allow user to test at his XBox console?

3- What data format XDK will return, and how to manage players data on Database?

Can anyone will help me on this?

Thanks!

RadStatue161739, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Now that XB1 is backwards compatible

HI, Xbox 360 Kinect games will not become backward compatible, the only games that will be, are the ones that are controlled with a game controller. So games like Fruit Ninja Kinect and Fitness Evolved will not be available on the One unless the developer
    creates an xbox one version. Although there is a Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 for The Xbox One that is currently available.

StuartATrueRed, Mar 25, 2017
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

They still make games for the Kinect on Xbox One, but not very often.

The Kinect on 360 is awful compared to the one on the One. There is a game called FRU that is really fun. You should at least play that before you sell it.

brandiesel1, Mar 25, 2017
  5. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    Kinect is the bastard child of Xbox mistakes. I wouldn't expect to see many new games since there's no money to be made off them.

BrianGunter, Mar 25, 2017
  6. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Kinect for Xbox 1 is great. There use to be XBL Features which were strictly Kinect Features ONLY, like Voice Commands, until these middle aged people started whining why they couldn't do Voice Commands with a mic. However Microsoft rolled out an Update
    so that it takes Voice Commands with your mic.

With Kinect, you can:

- Sign In securely on your Xbox 1 using Kinect's facial/body/infrared thingy stuff, without punching in a Pin or Password. Sort of like Windows Hello.

- Play some games which support Kinect, including Zoo Tycoon and Kinect Sports Rivals, both of which I have.

- QR codes. Trying to punch in a 25 digit Key accurately the first time round, is time consuming. Kinect does it in 2 seconds. And you can hold the QR code at the sensor 3 metres away and it can read it with ease. Punching in a 25 digit Key is SOOOO old
    school, and FACT: takes longer!.... than how long Kinect can do it in.... 1-2 seconds. Take a look at a lot of things which use QR Code technology, courier parcels, etc. Courier companies are not gonna want to punch in a long code manually especially when
    they have deadlines to meet.

- Voice Chat and Voice Messages. Kids and young adults often break or lose their mics which are made out of cheap plastic, or their brother or sis hog it or break it.

- Console video chat. Forget having to use other peripherals like your phone or laptop. Put it on your Kinect and you can blow up the chat on your 40' HDTV (or whatever HDTV you have).

I've heard a lot of reviews from Xbox 360's Kinect that it's too echo-ey, tin-ee, etc. But the Xbox 1 Kinect is a better version and doesn't act as badly as the 360 version. Xbox 1's Kinect also has a HIGHER resolution too. And you can change it under settings
    to see 3 ways Kinect sees things (1) normal (2) colourful (3) shadowy.

I wouldn't bother getting any more hardware for Xbox 360, since Microsoft has STOPPED manufacturing Xbox 360 consoles. Soon it will be hard to get your hands on a GENIUNE Xbox 360 console which is not banned or modded and which you can trust the seller which
    can be hard, since Trust needs to be EARNED. No authorized retailers in NZ sell Xbox 360's anymore.

Microsoft even sells Kinect cheaper than their Xbox 1 Elite controller!!!!! And Kinect is cheaper than VR technology which can easily cost around $600. So it's great for kids and young adults and parents cuz they don't have to spend A LOT of money on a peripheral
    which is fun.

I don't have Kinect for Xbox 360 since I only got Xbox late 2010. I'd like it if they put Kinect Animals that game on Xbox 360 made by game developer Frontier, and put that on Xbox 1 or made it Backwards Compatible! Another game I love from Frontier, is
    Planet Coaster, DD. That game is A+ ^u^.

smileskybird, Mar 25, 2017
  7. 360 games on xbox one is a great idea, Because Microsoft forgets family games and kids.

Gato Negro CRC, May 29, 2017
  8. Please Develop More Games for Kinect on Xbox One

Kinect is good, the mistake was force everyone to buy and use it.

Gato Negro CRC, Oct 31, 2018
  9. BrianGunter Win User

Kinect is the bastard child of Xbox mistakes. I wouldn't expect to see many new games since there's no money to be made off them.
  10. Gato Negro CRC Win User

360 games on xbox one is a great idea, Because Microsoft forgets family games and kids.
  11. smileskybird Win User

Kinect for Xbox 1 is great. There use to be XBL Features which were strictly Kinect Features ONLY, like Voice Commands, until these middle aged people started whining why they couldn't do Voice Commands with a mic. However Microsoft rolled out an Update
    so that it takes Voice Commands with your mic.

With Kinect, you can:

- Sign In securely on your Xbox 1 using Kinect's facial/body/infrared thingy stuff, without punching in a Pin or Password. Sort of like Windows Hello.

- Play some games which support Kinect, including Zoo Tycoon and Kinect Sports Rivals, both of which I have.

- QR codes. Trying to punch in a 25 digit Key accurately the first time round, is time consuming. Kinect does it in 2 seconds. And you can hold the QR code at the sensor 3 metres away and it can read it with ease. Punching in a 25 digit Key is SOOOO old
    school, and FACT: takes longer!.... than how long Kinect can do it in.... 1-2 seconds. Take a look at a lot of things which use QR Code technology, courier parcels, etc. Courier companies are not gonna want to punch in a long code manually especially when
    they have deadlines to meet.

- Voice Chat and Voice Messages. Kids and young adults often break or lose their mics which are made out of cheap plastic, or their brother or sis hog it or break it.

- Console video chat. Forget having to use other peripherals like your phone or laptop. Put it on your Kinect and you can blow up the chat on your 40' HDTV (or whatever HDTV you have).

I've heard a lot of reviews from Xbox 360's Kinect that it's too echo-ey, tin-ee, etc. But the Xbox 1 Kinect is a better version and doesn't act as badly as the 360 version. Xbox 1's Kinect also has a HIGHER resolution too. And you can change it under settings
    to see 3 ways Kinect sees things (1) normal (2) colourful (3) shadowy.

I wouldn't bother getting any more hardware for Xbox 360, since Microsoft has STOPPED manufacturing Xbox 360 consoles. Soon it will be hard to get your hands on a GENIUNE Xbox 360 console which is not banned or modded and which you can trust the seller which
    can be hard, since Trust needs to be EARNED. No authorized retailers in NZ sell Xbox 360's anymore.

Microsoft even sells Kinect cheaper than their Xbox 1 Elite controller!!!!! And Kinect is cheaper than VR technology which can easily cost around $600. So it's great for kids and young adults and parents cuz they don't have to spend A LOT of money on a peripheral
    which is fun.

I don't have Kinect for Xbox 360 since I only got Xbox late 2010. I'd like it if they put Kinect Animals that game on Xbox 360 made by game developer Frontier, and put that on Xbox 1 or made it Backwards Compatible! Another game I love from Frontier, is
    Planet Coaster, DD. That game is A+ ^u^.
  12. Gato Negro CRC Win User

Kinect is good, the mistake was force everyone to buy and use it.
  13. brandiesel1 Win User

They still make games for the Kinect on Xbox One, but not very often.

The Kinect on 360 is awful compared to the one on the One. There is a game called FRU that is really fun. You should at least play that before you sell it.
Thema:

1. Please Develop More Games for Kinect on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Please Develop More

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...: I will spawn count on GTA5 and harassed thing received a band. I want to get the band took off my account, please b98640e6-dad2-499d-9a2d-cf13b1b135cb
  5. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  8. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  9. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  10. Can you please fire Diablo 4's lead/head developer after finishing the acquisition progress?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you please fire Diablo 4's lead/head developer after finishing the acquisition progress?: I mean for all the money you've paid to buy Activision Blizzard, they have successfully destroyed Diablo 4 franchise with a single release of patches (Season 1 Malignant patch 1.1a)...