Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase...

Discus and support Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, could anyone possibly help? I recently purchased some Apex Legends Coins and as the process was going through it came up with an error message and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ArcaneCannon112, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase...

Hi, could anyone possibly help?

I recently purchased some Apex Legends Coins and as the process was going through it came up with an error message and when I then checked in-game, no coins had been added to my Apex account. I then made the purchase again, this time the process went through
    sucessfully... however, when the coins then appeared in my Apex account, it was double the amount it should have been. I checked my Microsoft order account and it now appears that both orders DID go through (even though one had the error message) just 1 minute
    apart.

Am I able to get a refund on one of the purchases?

I tried contacting EA (Apex Legends) and they told me I have to speak to Microsoft as the purchase was Xbox and through the Microsoft Store.

I've then tried contacting Microsoft online support but it just doesn't seem to connect. I've tried three different browsers but can't view the live support/help chat page in any of them.

I also can't seem to find any contact email or number for customer help/support.

Has anyone experienced this before and does anyone know of anyway of trying to fix it?

Many thanks.

P.

:)

ArcaneCannon112, Oct 10, 2020
  2. ArcaneCannon112 Win User

Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase for Apex Legends Coins?

Hi there Eladio

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I've tried this and all I get is a blank white screen with the Xbox logo in the middle and the grey timer animation spinning round the outside.

I get the same result with any online help / support / chat options no matter what browser I use.

I've tried multiple times and tried to leave the page to load/connect for 15 minutes and still nothing.

I sign in to my account, get as far as seeing my purchases (including the purchases in question) and then that's it, anything I click on, to move on from this page, just won't load/view.

I've also tried accessing the refund request directly on the Xbox and also through the Xbox app on my phone... but it doesn't seem to offer that functionality.

Out of interest, I tried connecting to the online support for Skype and Outlook and both of these work, it's just the online support for Xbox where I can't get a connection?

I'm a bit stuck because the options to connect with Xbox just don't seem to work??

Thanks for your time and advice though, it's greatly appreciated.

P.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase for Apex Legends Coins?

Hey P.

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about how to request a refund for an item you purchased.

The refund procedure has been streamlined to become more of a self-service experience.

You would have to
    request for a refund
    on your end. Keep in mind that you will need to be signed into the account that made these purchases in order for you to see any items that are eligible for a refund on your end.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

vbucks

If you do not have your Microsoft account linked to your Epic account, the V-Bucks that were purchased will not appear. For people who play Fortnite on PC the V-Bucks has to be purchased directly by the Epic store.

You will need to sign in to the Xbox Live account that made the purchase and ask for a refund:

https://www.xbox.com/refunds

You will need all Order numbers and Dates of the purchase to fill out the webform. You can obtain this information by going to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

This could take up to 72 hours. After the refund, buy your V-Bucks from Epic Games Store, not Microsoft/Xbox Store.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Purchased wrong Item in error

If this was done recently you could try calling support and seeing if they can help. But for the record, Microsoft/Xbox does state that they do not offer refunds on purchases.
  6. RobAgan Win User

12 Months Xbox Live Gold Promotion Issues

To add to this, the rep could not see the promotion due to it being available only through the Xbox Dashboard. When I purchased the 12 months, naturally the offer disappeared. But, after the rep refunded my $59.99, the offer reappeared. At this point I went
    through the steps of trying to purchase it again. However, when I clicked the gold renew now button seen in the picture, it took me to the Microsoft store where I no longer had the option of purchasing Gold for myself. I was only offered to purchase it as
    a gift.
Thema:

Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase...

1. Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase... - Similar Threads - Please anyone offer

2. Please can anyone tell me what community standard was violated ? Support is a lie You...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please can anyone tell me what community standard was violated ? Support is a lie You...: [img] https://share.icloud.com/photos/025Ql6uMleG95OAFKojnIyokA 57980606-d88a-4614-bcae-2a91e3c92e09
  3. ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?

in XboX Insiders
    ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?: Necesito su ayuda, jugando en mi Xbox One S a Gears 5, más especificamente el DLC Hivebusters, al terminar mi partida del día y retomarla al día siguiente, me regresa al inicio del capítulo y con...
  4. Update issues. Can anyone please help

in XboX Insiders
    Update issues. Can anyone please help: Hi. I received a message for an update yesterday (24.01.2024) for my Xbox one. I went through the usual process, waited for it to finish and restart, so I can check for game updates. Once it...
  5. Can anyone help me please, regarding an upgrade?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anyone help me please, regarding an upgrade?: Hey! I'm looking for a bit of help. I'm feeling a bit out of my depth here. I'd like to surprise my 3 boys to a new Xbox for Christmas this year but don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes...
  6. Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?: so the Roblox app recently updated and now its asking me to sign in, the only problem is my account was just tied to the xbox and not an email so i have no way of getting back into it so my son...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock (Xbox) Failed To Sync World Data. Please can anyone help me!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock (Xbox) Failed To Sync World Data. Please can anyone help me!: I have an issue on my favorite world. I have worked many years on it. I try to load into it it gives me a message saying "Failed To Sync World Data" "The world is not fully synced or has been...
  8. Can't add a different profile on my series x please help if anyone can

in XboX Insiders
    Can't add a different profile on my series x please help if anyone can: Every time I try to add my cousins account I put the info in correctly and it gives me a infinite loading screen submitted by /u/Pitiful_Ad_7766 [link] [comments]
  9. Can anyone help with region conflict issue please?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone help with region conflict issue please?: Hi, I have a region conflict on my Xbox between my account and my game pass subscription. My son added his account and forgot to change the region from the US. Consequently we purchased a gold...
  10. Can anyone help me please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help me please?: Today my Xbox One X when powering on shows the Cpu startup animation then goes to a black screen after several minutes it goes to the green loading screen for several minutes finally gets to the...