Please can someone help me get my son's Xbox Live Gold account running!

Discus and support Please can someone help me get my son's Xbox Live Gold account running! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. I'm a middle-aged bloke who doesn't know anything about all this... I purchased a Live Gold 12... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StipuledPower31, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Please can someone help me get my son's Xbox Live Gold account running!

Hi there

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

I'm a middle-aged bloke who doesn't know anything about all this...

I purchased a Live Gold 12 month membership 25 digit card for my son about 6 months ago. He's been nagging me to get it redeemed! On the back of the card it says you can redeem this at:

www.xbox.com/redeemcode

This sounded like a good idea so I went to this site and entered the code. Various messages telling me that it's registered okay, so far so good....

When we boot up the Xbox it says that he doesn't have the Live Gold account. I tried to redeem the code again - this time on the Xbox. I'm thinking that I've probably redeemed it for my Microsoft account on my laptop?

What do I now need to do? Can I cancel my laptop account or link it to the console or something?

Sorry that this is such a newbie question - it's just seeing the instruction "redeem your code online at.... " had me reaching for the laptop.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

:)

StipuledPower31, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Murray
    Murray Guest
    Wasn't there something about not needing Gold for Netflix anymore?

Xbox Live Gold Changes FAQ

Half way down they say that you get Netflix, Hulu, HBO, their first born sons, etc. without gold membership. Hope this helps you out!

Murray, Aug 11, 2016
  3. My Account banned from Xbox live

Please help

My son's account and gamer tag has been banned from Xbox live? The gamer tag name is Live Zinc can someone please send me the details and complaints that have been filed to have this account banned.

Many Thanks

[Mod removed]

FlabbyHickory03, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Dol
    Dol Guest

Hey there!

When redeeming a code on the Xbox website you must be logged in with the current Microsoft account for the account you want it too be associated too. Sorting out subscriptions and billing is not something we can check here so I would recommend you talk to
    Xbox Support and see if they can assist you further.

In addition, if you did redeem it using a Microsoft account that was logged into the site that was not your sons account, you can sign into that account on the Console, go to your Settings - All Settings -
    Personalisation - My Home Xbox - Make This My Home Xbox.
    Then the Xbox Live Gold subscription should be shared across all accounts on the console!

Let us know if you have any more problems!

Regards

5. Dol Win User

Hey there!

When redeeming a code on the Xbox website you must be logged in with the current Microsoft account for the account you want it too be associated too. Sorting out subscriptions and billing is not something we can check here so I would recommend you talk to
    Xbox Support and see if they can assist you further.

In addition, if you did redeem it using a Microsoft account that was logged into the site that was not your sons account, you can sign into that account on the Console, go to your Settings - All Settings -
    Personalisation - My Home Xbox - Make This My Home Xbox.
    Then the Xbox Live Gold subscription should be shared across all accounts on the console!

Let us know if you have any more problems!

Regards
  6. Ryanrigs02 Win User

Connecting to xbox live on 360

Hello please can someone help me !!! My son as got the 12 month gold membership and we've redeemed the code .... But since changing is gamertag name to one he likes he can't get on xbox live .... Any ideas are welcomed as I'm at the end of my tether :(
  7. RadiantChimp199 Win User

Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: Xbox live

Hi

How do I join xbox live for playing Mine craft, someone keeps telling me it is free but I cannot find a free account anywhere. Please help it is for my son and he wants to play with his freinds but we are not going to pay for a gold account.
  8. joujoubox1 Win User

Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: Xbox live

Open Range (Hotspots) Freedom 4G Modem: Xbox live
    Hi

How do I join xbox live for playing Mine craft, someone keeps telling me it is free but I cannot find a free account anywhere. Please help it is for my son and he wants to play with his freinds but we are not going to pay for a gold account.
  9. AridLizard Win User

can i have Xbox live gold on 2 consoles?

it is on my account, but i do not play on it. Can i change my profile so it becomes my sons ? he is not bothered about keeping his gamer tag, he is only 8 years old.
    what you can do in this situation is to turn off auto renew on your Live Gold then when it runs out get Gold on your Son's account. then get your Son to sign in on your Daughter's Xbox and make that his Home Xbox.

until the Gold runs out you can sign into your account on your Daughter's Xbox and as long as you are signed in, she will have access to Gold and all the purchased games.

you can set your account to automatically sign in on your Daughter's Xbox then set it to require a passkey to make purchases.
Thema:

1. Please can someone help me get my son's Xbox Live Gold account running! - Similar Threads - Please someone help

2. Can someone please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone please help me: So I was watching YouTube on my xbox and than I randomly got suspended permanently and I didn't even do anything wrong ever so than I sent an appeal but it got denied what do I do now did I just...
  3. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  4. Can someone help me please

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone help me please: My Microsoft Edge on the Xbox series s, consistently crashes from the microphone permission. I can't enable it, block it, or exit it out without edge crashing every single time. I reset my Xbox...
  5. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  6. Someone please help with my ping

in XboX Insiders
    Someone please help with my ping: Lately on my Xbox I’ve been getting low latency to high latency it will go 30ms 100ms 30ms 500ms and back and forth. A couple days ago my latency has been perfectly fine but now it’s horrible I...
  7. Please can someone help with being terminated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please can someone help with being terminated?: Hey, My account got terminated or suspended; I don't know. I was hacked shortly before; this, meaning roughly a year ago. I have never used support, because I thought it was permanently deleted....
  8. Please can someone help me out here

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please can someone help me out here: Why have my 2 different xbox accounts shared games and deleted individual games, recently i bought myself an xbox series s and made a new account, yesterday i logged into my old account and they...
  9. My roblox does not work at all, could someone please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My roblox does not work at all, could someone please help me?: Hi, I have contacted roblox support numerous times but all their solutions are ineffective. I've reinstalled roblox more than 10 times, restarted pc on several occasions, done other things, but...
  10. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

in XBoX Accessibility
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.: Microsoft blocked me from my account (AFTER 1 LOGIN ATTEMPT after a recent password change!!!). I recently moved and changed my phone number, don’t have access to this phone, and this was never...