playstation 5 outputs 1080i, so why wont the xbox?

Discus and support playstation 5 outputs 1080i, so why wont the xbox? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Do you know how many old tv's are still floating around? millions and millions of them. I'm talking about the sony kv34xbr 910s out there, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by InsainRussian, Mar 3, 2021.

1. playstation 5 outputs 1080i, so why wont the xbox?

Do you know how many old tv's are still floating around? millions and millions of them.

I'm talking about the sony kv34xbr 910s out there, the toshiba 36J9UA, and many more. Their native resolution is 1080i, and run with little to no input lag. These are beautiful cathode ray tube tv's that deserve to be supported. They cost a lot of money back in the 2000's (up to $3000) and I find it offensive that Microsoft would drop support for such a niche resolution. It insults the intelligence of the consumer because they think we don't know what the native resolution of our monitors are.

The suits at Microsoft must think that we are going to accidentally set our xboxs to 1080i on a 4k TV; and get lag, and motion blur. so instead of risking having a bad reputation on their brand name, they just disable 1080i resolution all together. I have been a faithful xbox consumer since the 2000's and I am disappointed at this neglect towards retro gamers, video buffs, and cinemafiles.

So, there's this company called Sony, and what a suprize! they still support the 1080i resolution on there newest machine. Miscrosoft, you have to get your suits to listen to me, the people have been asking for this, since 2014. Why cant you just re enable this resolution with a software update. Your graphics card can support it. I don't want to have to switch sides. Their controllers are flimsy and awkward to hold.

:)

InsainRussian, Mar 3, 2021
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

playstation 5 outputs 1080i, so why wont the xbox?