Playing on Xbox series x causes TV to reboot after 15-20 minutes of gameplay

Discus and support Playing on Xbox series x causes TV to reboot after 15-20 minutes of gameplay in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I got the Xbox series X this week and am using it with a pioneer 4k Xumo tv. Playing in 4k since 1440P didn't appear as an option on the console... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SirDrSpiderPig, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Playing on Xbox series x causes TV to reboot after 15-20 minutes of gameplay

So I got the Xbox series X this week and am using it with a pioneer 4k Xumo tv. Playing in 4k since 1440P didn't appear as an option on the console settings. Was playing fortnight and about 20 minutes into the tv made a sound like a DVD skipping and the tv rebooted. After it rebooted I switch to xbox again and fortnight was still playing like nothing happen. First time I just dismissed it. but it kept happening. I also noticed this happens in GTA V.

I've tried turning off all the fancy video settings to see if it'll help, but keeps happening. I contacted pioneer to see if its something with the TV...but they said since this doesn't happen in their apps and just on Xbox that its console related.

Any ideas what's going on?

:)

SirDrSpiderPig, Dec 15, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

they're just trying to pass the buck, the symptoms you're describing are absolutely in the television. I it's crashing, it's , likely either a memory leak, or overheating.

you can try disabling HDR, that will take some load off the TV electronics
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi SirDrSpiderPig. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I recommend disabling HDMI CEC to see if the issue persists:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > TV & A/V power options. Uncheck the HDMI CEC box.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. Japotesan Win User

Gameshare sort of works, sort of doesn't...

Series X

Open NAT

Unplugged for about 15 minutes and rebooted router

No change.
  5. CPI RafaelPG Win User

Gears of War: Freeze and Crash After Last Update?

I have the same problem. The game freezes and reboots the console. This happens after 5-20 minutes of gameplay.
  6. DySp0 Win User

Gears of War: Freeze and Crash After Last Update?

I have the same problem. After the last update (~800MB) the game freezes and reboots the console. This happens after 5-20 minutes of gameplay.
Thema:

1. Playing on Xbox series x causes TV to reboot after 15-20 minutes of gameplay - Similar Threads - Playing series causes

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  4. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  5. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  6. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  7. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  8. What games can xbox one original and series x not play together?

in XboX Insiders
    What games can xbox one original and series x not play together?: What games can xbox series x and xbox one original not play together? submitted by /u/TheHeffmeister [link] [comments]
  9. Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs: Just as said before my series X reads games like MK 1, but sekiro or cod ww2 or any xbox one games, even if it's a cross tittle, just recent games. Bought at 2021, no warranty anymore...
  10. Remote Play Xbox Series S causing rapid outputs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play Xbox Series S causing rapid outputs: I'm trying to live stream Fortnite with remote play with Windows PC on Xbox Series S and when trying it causes a very rapid movements and glitches with speed. Both devices are on same network and...