Playing on TV has too much lag. Will buying a console give better performance?

Discus and support Playing on TV has too much lag. Will buying a console give better performance? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to play Game Pass games on my new Samsung TV, but there is too much lag. Internet speed is 15Mbps and I tried the network optimization... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anne_CO_1000, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Anne_CO_1000
    Anne_CO_1000 Guest

I am trying to play Game Pass games on my new Samsung TV, but there is too much lag. Internet speed is 15Mbps and I tried the network optimization recommendations with no luck. Would purchasing a console offer better performance by caching the game and more processing power? If so, will the S model suffice or do I need the upgraded X? Do I need to purchase individual games to download or can the console cache or store my commonly used games if I use cloud gaming? I am not competitive and don't play against others on the internet. I am brand new to gaming and will play mostly flight simulators and sports.

:)

Anne_CO_1000, Dec 22, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

If you were planning to play the games from the cloud, then chances are the lag would be the same, but if you install to the console, then the games would play much better.

The Xbox Series S would work fine, but the games would not be in 4K. If you want 4K gaming the Xbox Series X would be the console to purchase.

No you would not need to purchase the games if the games are on Game Pass. Since you are playing on the cloud, you probably have Game Pass Ultimate anyway.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

If the 15MBps is your overall line speed, then that would explain the lag as that is quite a low speed for cloud gaming so buying a console would improve game performance
  4. K4tsuj1 Win User

Do I need a one s

I think you will not save too much money buying an original one and getting a S, even if you do not have a 4k tv you will have a better performance for loading times, e.g.
  5. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Need help buying a new TV for my xbox one.

Highly recommend Samsung LED. I have a Smart TV (UE32EH500) and 2 monitors (SyncMaster S22B300 + S22C300) and they all perform brilliantly. Samsung of course make much higher-end equipment but my experience is that they all provide beautiful sharp images
    with no noticeable lag or blurring and they give great vibrant colours and deep blacks. The Smart Hub features are pretty cool too as it's all accessible without turning on an Xbox or external device. It's also pretty cool that there's an app if you have a
    Smart TV and you can change the channel remotely which is great for both pranks and fighting over what to watch.

I'm buy no means a Samsung salesman, there may be better TVs on the market but me and my friends all have and swear buy Samsung screens and we're yet to be let down.
  6. LOWxONxHealth Win User

MINECRAFT new world

Minecraft has too much lag in it to play multiplayer.Usually the host can play ok but for everyone else it is extremely buggy.Its a shame too because Minecraft is awesome.Maybe on the next console it will improve.
Thema:

1. Playing on TV has too much lag. Will buying a console give better performance? - Similar Threads - Playing has too

2. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  3. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  4. How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?: I had an Xbox One since 2015 and I recently got an Xbox Series S for my dorm room, and I've been playing on my account from both consoles. Recently, my sister started her own Microsoft (Xbox)...
  5. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  6. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  7. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core: I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does...
  8. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  9. Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing: I have recently tried to start using Xbox remote play and cloud play. The main issue is remote play. Remote play runs almost smoothly but it has MASSIVE screen tearing. And cloud play loads...
  10. We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...: We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play too? Does she need a gamer tag? I’m keen to set up a family but how can I if my son has the gamer pass?...