Playing music from Archive.org via xbox

Discus and support Playing music from Archive.org via xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m wondering if anyone knows of a way to stream a music link from Archive.org via Xbox. I know I can open Edge and put the link in the browser. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aztecee, May 12, 2023.

1. Aztecee
    Aztecee Guest

I’m wondering if anyone knows of a way to stream a music link from Archive.org via Xbox. I know I can open Edge and put the link in the browser. It works great, unless you want to have it in the background and want to play a game.

1) Is there away to allow Edge to play in the background?

2) Is there a music app available that allows you to enter or browse to a URL?

3) If not, why? Would love to have Relisten ported to the Xbox.

:)

Aztecee, May 12, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi AZTECEE, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you

Answering your questions:

1) Sorry to say but Edge is not designed to run in the background.

2) As far as I know there is no such app available in the store. The best way to play music in your console is using some streaming apps available like Spotify, Apple music, etc.

3) You can share your idea to the Xbox team following the recommendations provided in the next link and then creating a post in the Insiders subreddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

The short answer is that Xbox is not a computer, and this is not a full featured web browser. These are quality of life features mostly intended to view product information

You need to get a computer that is designed for multitasking, and not a game console designed to keep everything in its own little space to do what you want to do dependably
  4. Lancearrow1 Win User

about xbox

Does NBA 2K13 support custom music?

Also, try connecting a usb device that has music on it and see if that works. I dont use music on xbox but Im pretty sure the xbox does not allow to download music from a disk like that. As far as I know, you can only play music that is saved to the xbox
    via the music player on the xbox guide.
  5. UpstatesFinest3 Win User

gold membership and music pass

The music pass isn't intended for downloading, only to listen to music and specific artists via stream from XBox Music.
  6. Alixandr Win User

Only 30 seconds of my own music?

Why is this? I can play my music in the default music player on the xbox, streaming it from my pc? It isnt really a cloud based service. Im not using the cloud in anyway, the music is just coming from my pc to the xbox via my home network, it doesnt use
    microsofts cloud at all. So theres no reason why you should be charging to just play my own music.
Thema:

1. Playing music from Archive.org via xbox - Similar Threads - Playing music Archive

2. Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360: So I saw that a media player was present and I knew in the past we could hook our mp3 players to our 360 to play music so I tried with my phone and got error code 03-800705b4 anyone know this...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?: I have my Xbox Series X in our game room connected to an AVR (tuner/amp) and on the same LAN as my Windows 11 PC, which is set up as a DLNA media server (music is accessible to other...
  5. YT music so I can listen to it while I play

in XboX Insiders
    YT music so I can listen to it while I play: I need a yt music app on my Xbox submitted by /u/wurmEmpire [link] [comments]
  6. Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?: Hello, I just got the Xbox Series X and i noticed that when i have Spotify playing and a game running it will stop the audio for a second when switching to the starting menu and vice versa. Is it...
  7. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?: greetings everyone before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using.. xbox series x sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1 audio and dolby audio) support ARC hdmi sony...
  8. My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help: Help me solve my Xbox problem of denying video and movie files 3f8adfac-dc4a-416c-a8e2-9589f1d2b55f
  9. Can you play music to the party so everyone in the chat can hear it

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you play music to the party so everyone in the chat can hear it: I just want to share music with friends so we can jam out 4fe8af72-6046-4103-9c2e-8032564424c4
  10. How do I play audio cd`s since Groove Music disappeared?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I play audio cd`s since Groove Music disappeared?: Hi there. In the past I was able to play Audio CD`s through Groove Music. Since that is no longer available how do I play audio CD`s? I have tried downloading the Audio CD Player app from the...