playing from different locations but with the same account

Discus and support playing from different locations but with the same account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! Can one play logged on one account but not on the same xbox console, I mean playing from two different xbox consoles? Or from a computer but on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LT120, Sep 21, 2018.

1. LT120
    LT120 Guest

Hello! Can one play logged on one account but not on the same xbox console, I mean playing from two different xbox consoles? Or from a computer but on the same account? thanx

:)

LT120, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    Xbox live points

If you bought the points from a different country to the location of the account, the points will not work. You need to buy the points in the same country.

Dirty Loco, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Price Difference??

The Aus/NZ dollar is different from the U.S. dollar with a different exchange rates etc.

If you are seeing U.S. prices it's possible your account,billing & actual location are not all the same.

Daft Badger, Sep 21, 2018
  4. playing from different locations but with the same account

On Xbox, I doubt it. On PC however, it's normal, I personally have my MS accoount logged in in my windows 10 Pc and Xbox One S console.

GreyStormGaming, Sep 21, 2018
  5. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest
    Hiya, LT120!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, the question being if you can play games on the same account on two different console/PC. Now you can play on the same account on two different Xbox One Consoles and PC's, however you can not be on
    the same account on both devices at the same time. If you would like a friend or family member play on the other console with you they can create a Microsoft account for free, on top of that you can set up that console as your

home console
    . What setting that home console does for you and your friends allows you both to play on Xbox Live at the same time if you already have an Xbox Live Gold Subscription. I hope you find this information useful.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums!

XBF Paul M, Sep 21, 2018
  6. LT120
    LT120 Guest
    OK! Thanx! I want my son to play at his dads house and right know he takes the console with him so we thought of either buying on more console or a PC... that is why we ask, because he wants to use the same account without having to carry the x box from
    my house. Which alternative is better? To buy a new xbox or a PC? Thank you for responding.

LT120, Sep 21, 2018
  7. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Hello Lt

It all depends on what functionality you are looking for. Not all Xbox games are currently available to play on pc.

Click here for our Xbox play anywhere titles.

However, more can be done on a pc than on an xbox.

Hope this helps with your decision!

XBF Chris J, Sep 21, 2018
  8. LT120
    LT120 Guest

Thank you for you quick reply! The game he likes to play is Fortnite.

One last thing...So if he has the xbox console at my house than he can have a PC with windows 10 at his dads house and play Fortnite using the same account without taking the xbox console with him? /LT

LT120, Sep 21, 2018
  9. CIDkidzPILLZ
    CIDkidzPILLZ Guest
    Fortnite is not an actual play anywhere title for the Xbox one and Windows 10. However, you can download the PC version of Fortnite threw the

EPIC Games website
    . You would then link your Microsoft account and have access to the content that's been unlocked threw that MS account.

CIDkidzPILLZ, Nov 5, 2018
  10. LT120 Win User

OK! Thanx! I want my son to play at his dads house and right know he takes the console with him so we thought of either buying on more console or a PC... that is why we ask, because he wants to use the same account without having to carry the x box from
    my house. Which alternative is better? To buy a new xbox or a PC? Thank you for responding.
  11. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

One last thing...So if he has the xbox console at my house than he can have a PC with windows 10 at his dads house and play Fortnite using the same account without taking the xbox console with him? /LT
    Fortnite is not an actual play anywhere title for the Xbox one and Windows 10. However, you can download the PC version of Fortnite threw the

EPIC Games website
    . You would then link your Microsoft account and have access to the content that's been unlocked threw that MS account.
  12. XBF Paul M Win User

Hiya, LT120!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, the question being if you can play games on the same account on two different console/PC. Now you can play on the same account on two different Xbox One Consoles and PC's, however you can not be on
    the same account on both devices at the same time. If you would like a friend or family member play on the other console with you they can create a Microsoft account for free, on top of that you can set up that console as your

home console
    . What setting that home console does for you and your friends allows you both to play on Xbox Live at the same time if you already have an Xbox Live Gold Subscription. I hope you find this information useful.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums!
  13. GreyStormGaming Win User

On Xbox, I doubt it. On PC however, it's normal, I personally have my MS accoount logged in in my windows 10 Pc and Xbox One S console.
  14. LT120 Win User

Thema:

1. playing from different locations but with the same account - Similar Threads - playing different locations

2. I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I: i literally cant play my xbox because an account on my phone got perma banned.. i didnt even say anything mean. I was playing siege and someone messaged me criticzing how i played. And i replied...
  3. Can I play on different networks in the same house?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I play on different networks in the same house?: I'm looking to play some games with my roommate, but we are on different networks, I'm guessing not since we would be on the same IP since living in the same place....
  4. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  5. I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops 1 the other night. Then decided to go onto a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops 1 the other night. Then decided to go onto a different...: Anyone else having the same problem as me. I'm on Xbox Series X try playing any Xbox 360 backwards compatible game online and it says "Your connection to Xbox Live has been lost. Please sign in...
  6. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  7. Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?: This is a weird question but Is this possible? Example, I am playing a multiplayer game online with 4 friends on my Series X. Could I join the party of those 4 friends from my xbox one on the...
  8. Can you play your games on an xbox in a different house,with all your achievements and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play your games on an xbox in a different house,with all your achievements and...: My dad has bought and xbox series s for my son to play when he goes round to visit. He doesn't like using it as he/we haven't figured out if we can get his games (at the levels he is at) on it. I...
  9. Playing on 2 different xbox consoles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing on 2 different xbox consoles: Why can't I play Hogwarts on my xbox One and my xbox X at the same time, when I purchased the deluxe edition with both copies. 2105e7bf-1d37-4f23-9908-e2b9b9978419
  10. Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?: My brother and I are going on vacation soon but we can't bring our Xbox. We still want to play our Co-Op games (mainly LEGO games are the co-op ones we have), and we know remote play is a thing....