Playing a game on two computers but on the same account

Discus and support Playing a game on two computers but on the same account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I just wanted to know if you are able to play two games on two devices but on the same account at the same time. I have two computers... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nicholas Sung, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Playing a game on two computers but on the same account

Hey,

I just wanted to know if you are able to play two games on two devices but on the same account at the same time. I have two computers (laptops) and would like to have my friend use one of my latops to play games with me, is this possible?

Thanks

:)

Nicholas Sung, Nov 8, 2023
  2. Nicholas Sung Win User

Hello,

I'm not using Microsoft Store to play games, if I'm using something like Epic Games, would it still work if it's an online game?

Thanks
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Nicholas S. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Depending on the game, doing that will represent issues with the saved data because some games upload the progress to the cloud.

So, your best option would be logged with your account on the Microsoft Store.
    Then, on your friend’s PC enable offline permission via Microsoft Store settings and once your friend download the titles they want, he can change the account on the Xbox app (your account needs to be logged in the Microsoft Store).

Thanks for your attention,

Arturo.
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hi, Nicholas.
    Probably that’s not going to work, even more if it’s an online game where you play against others, like Fortnite.

Additionally, I'm not aware if the Epic games' launcher supports a feature to share your library, I didn't find an official article from them.
    So you can try contacting Epic support to further review this option in case it is suitable for your needs.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Minecraft dual players

No, you will have to purchase two separate licenses to play on two computers at the same time.
  6. Duncan Ragland Win User

Game Pass games take up no storage on my PC? (Read Desc)

Are you trying to run the game from two profiles on the same computer? Or are these two separate computers? If you are on the same computer, make sure the installation was set up to be used by any profile on the computer. Sometimes programs install on
    a specific user profile, which would prevent other profiles from opening it directly while still showing it in the "Apps and features" section of Windows Settings. Also know that if you are trying to play with a separate Microsoft account that doesn't have
    game pass, the game might not be accessible to you. Other than that you can try to reset the store using the "wsreset.exe" command by typing it in the search bar of Windows 10, then attempt a reinstall/relaunch of the games in question.
Thema:

1. Playing a game on two computers but on the same account - Similar Threads - Playing game computers

2. I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...: I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard works well but the mouse doesn't, I tested with different mice and it didn't work...
  3. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  4. IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...

in XboX Insiders
    IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...: With IA you can translate audio in every language of the world. This feature, as you can understood, Is essential for gamers and developer and could be added as a accessibility setting, or instead...
  5. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  6. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  7. I do not play games on my computer, recently that is all that is showing up when open my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not play games on my computer, recently that is all that is showing up when open my...: I do not play games on my computer, never have. all of a sudden that is all I am shown on my home page. I do not know how to stop them. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jack *** Die...
  8. Is there a way for me to use my computer space to install and play games on my xbox 360?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way for me to use my computer space to install and play games on my xbox 360?...: Is there a way to use my computer hard drive to install and play games on my xbox 360 without taking anything apart or using a flash drive? 45600f42-8d1a-4db5-a57c-84108112da99
  9. How can I play a computer controlled game and switch to Tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I play a computer controlled game and switch to Tv: How do I play a computer controlled game and switch back to watch TV and still be playing 9a15ae24-2ad2-490c-b1e5-b127afe39cc5
  10. Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer?: I have spent the better part of 8 hours between yesterday and now today trying to get ahold of someone at Microsoft or Xbox to get help with my issue. I am always met with an outsourced individual...