playback for films and tv, contact microsoft, not community

Discus and support playback for films and tv, contact microsoft, not community in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; a member of my household is unable to play his movies that he PURCHASED on you film and tv app. it is causeing me stress having to repeatedly hearing... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jody Mosicki, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Jody Mosicki
    Jody Mosicki Guest

a member of my household is unable to play his movies that he PURCHASED on you film and tv app. it is causeing me stress having to repeatedly hearing this repeated complaint. your available help is difficult to manuver and get help from. we have gone to geek squad and they said to contact you cause it not the computer its the app. so you , Microsoft films and tv are a problem. now that you know there is a problem and what it is, when can i expect a fix so me and the member of my house hold and I can move forward with our lives??

Thankyou,

:)

Jody Mosicki, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hi Jody,

Thank you for responding. I am glad to know that the movie is working now.

If you still have any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us back and we will do our best to assist you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jody Mosicki Win User

thankyou, but within 30minutes of me posting that it worked again all except fro one movie, but I am sure the mircosoft will that working soon enough.
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Jody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you and your household member are experiencing issues with the Microsoft Films and TV app. I understand how frustrating this can be. No worries, I will do my best to help you sort this out.

Firstly, I would recommend checking if the app is up to date. You can do this by opening the Microsoft Store app and clicking on the three dots in the top right corner. From there, select "Downloads and updates" and check if there are any updates available for the Films and TV app.

If the app is up to date and the issue persists, I would suggest resetting the app. To do this, open the Settings app and select "Apps". Find the Films and TV app and click on it. From there, select "Advanced options" and then click on "Reset". This will reset the app to its default settings.

If the issue still persists after resetting the app, please go to the app Settings > Devices and streaming > Manage devices and remove any devices that you are not using.
    Restart the app and try playing the movies again.

I hope this helps resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Game Bar

that looks ok, think its the player thats goofing, can you right click and open with windows media player or download vlc to confirm playback is ok

If that works ok, then go to settings, apps and features, find films and tv app, select it then advanced and reset the app.
  6. E McSq Win User

Blu-Ray freezing for a second.

Yep, tested this out and both films i tested had a split second freeze during playback.

It only happened twice during both films, but it's still not an ideal situation.
Thema:

1. playback for films and tv, contact microsoft, not community - Similar Threads - playback films contact

2. why is iheartradio not getting playback on xbox even though theyve updated it?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is iheartradio not getting playback on xbox even though theyve updated it?: the iheartradio app and pandora both have trouble giving playback through xbox media when playing a game.. pandora cut itself off completely where as iheartradio like pauses itsself until you...
  3. Xbox series X blu ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X blu ray playback: Xbox series X blu ray playback randomly zooms in and out slightly while playing a movie. Its very sporadic. Xbox is up to date, discs are immaculate, no fingerprints, scratches, etc. I'm re...
  4. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  5. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  6. Playback issues on Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Playback issues on Xbox One: Hello community, I've been encountering some issues lately while trying to play content on Disney Plus through my Xbox One. The login and navigation work fine, but when I attempt to play a movie...
  7. Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X: I have a very specific and annoying playback video using streaming service apps on Xbox Series X. Often when I am watching tv shows or movies on my Xbox series x through streaming services, the...
  8. Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues: When gaming with my friends I use Xbox Game Bar to capture gameplay and Discord to communicate with teammates. During gameplay I can hear everyone fine. However, during playback my teammates audio...
  9. Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?: I tried playing some of my 4Ks like The Incredibles and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and they seem to be buggy when played on Series X. They work just fine on my dedicated player. Good examples of these...
  10. Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1

in XboX Insiders
    Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1: Has anyone experienced a playback error with Dolby Vision 8.1 videos on the Movies & TV Xbox app. In the past, these videos would play in the normal HDR fallback since this app doesn't support...