Play My Own Music Over Games

Discus and support Play My Own Music Over Games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At launch, the Xbox 360 was able to stream music wirelessly from PCs to substitute games' soundtracks. This was one of the best features of that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tahoe Junglist, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Play My Own Music Over Games

At launch, the Xbox 360 was able to stream music wirelessly from PCs to substitute games' soundtracks. This was one of the best features of that console. Here we are, nine years later, with a new generation gaming system where we cannot do this. When
    will we see this feature returned to our gaming systems? I have the Media Player app that allows me to stream my music, but the music goes away when I launch a game. It lets me mix the audio only if Media Player is snapped to the side, but then the games'
    video is reduced to about half the size. Please fix this.

:)

Tahoe Junglist, Feb 8, 2015
  2. Zombies Music

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Play your own music. Simples.

[/quote]

Too distracting, plus the audio for music on my hard drive on my xbox plays over the sounds in game.

Zombie Harvest, Feb 8, 2015
  3. FastOrc
    FastOrc Guest
    Play your own music in game like the original xbox..

How it used to work was like in PGR or GTA you could turn over the radio station in car and it would play my music and not the in game music, we all know sometimes how bad in game music is and we would like our own music playing instead of the dodgy in game
    stuff. it was great..

FastOrc, Feb 8, 2015
  4. Play My Own Music Over Games

Hey there, Tahoe Junglist! Thanks so much for the suggestion. This is something that I believe would be terrific on our
    Feedback site! Check the site out to see if you can find a suggestion similar to what you want, and give it a vote. This will move it up the Hot Ideas page! If you can't seem to find one, you are definitely encouraged
    to post up a new suggestion.

You can also check out the site for items marked as completed or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you!

We love getting feedback from you all, and look forward to seeing this up on the site. Play My Own Music Over Games :)

Misses Quinzel, Feb 9, 2015
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Tahoe Junglist! Thanks so much for the suggestion. This is something that I believe would be terrific on our
    Feedback site! Check the site out to see if you can find a suggestion similar to what you want, and give it a vote. This will move it up the Hot Ideas page! If you can't seem to find one, you are definitely encouraged
    to post up a new suggestion.

You can also check out the site for items marked as completed or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you!

We love getting feedback from you all, and look forward to seeing this up on the site. :)
  6. Zombie Harvest Win User

Zombies Music

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Play your own music. Simples.

[/quote]

Too distracting, plus the audio for music on my hard drive on my xbox plays over the sounds in game.
  7. FastOrc Win User

Play your own music in game like the original xbox..

How it used to work was like in PGR or GTA you could turn over the radio station in car and it would play my music and not the in game music, we all know sometimes how bad in game music is and we would like our own music playing instead of the dodgy in game
    stuff. it was great..
  8. Wadski Win User

Your music in WWE games

I miss being able to stream my own music into games. We have a spotify app, can we not just link in and allow you to play your own tunes over the ingame noise.
  9. Epic Louie Win User

What is your favorite music in games?

I usually mute the music in games and play my own music in the background.
Thema:

1. Play My Own Music Over Games - Similar Threads - Play Own Music

2. I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?: I own Halo mater chief collection but i cant play it because i don't have a game pass subscription. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I bought the game fare and square why cant i play it...
  3. Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...: My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same time I’ve came across this before but it was...
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  6. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  7. Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?: I have my Xbox Series X in our game room connected to an AVR (tuner/amp) and on the same LAN as my Windows 11 PC, which is set up as a DLNA media server (music is accessible to other...
  8. Play your own music using the new background music feature

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play your own music using the new background music feature: So today an app called simple background music was released and this lets you use a usb drive for music playback. which is what the 360 could do but better. To find it go to the apps section and...
  9. How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work: How am i supposed to play music that I already own? My xbox one wont show the music on my onedrive and xbox music will only work if i stream it to my xbox and that is soo annoying because I have...
  10. Xbox 360s "play your own music anytime" enhances my gaming experience :)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s "play your own music anytime" enhances my gaming experience :): .......... Hello everyone :) I would like to share the music that I listen to when gaming that enhances my experience & I'm curious to see what others listen to. With that being said, I hope...