Play from disc

Discus and support Play from disc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any way this could feasibly have been done? I know blu ray has a slower read rate than DVD, but 35GB installs are a bit excessive. Also, 1GB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MazdaSpeedNinja, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Play from disc

Is there any way this could feasibly have been done? I know blu ray has a slower read rate than DVD, but 35GB installs are a bit excessive. Also, 1GB patches? When did they become the norm? The last gen got away with 1-50mb patches just fine, surely the
    code in games hasn't changed that much to warrant an increase of 1000% in size increases?

:)

MazdaSpeedNinja, Jan 7, 2014
  2. SILKYJJ
    SILKYJJ Guest
    play games str8 from disc

As stated above, there is a mandatory install for all Xbox One games. If you are having problems with the install try going offline and trying again. Good luck!

SILKYJJ, Jan 7, 2014
  3. ObesePaladin
    ObesePaladin Guest
    play games str8 from disc

ive got my very first xbox for xmas and its the xbox one and I don't kno how to play the games str8 from the disc anyone can help me in this will

ObesePaladin, Jan 7, 2014
  4. DangerousBard Win User

disc not playing from dashboard

Check you local xbox live service:

Social and Gaming is currently unavailable.

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

Joining other Xbox Live members in online games

Capturing game videos

Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing

Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members

Accessing all game features

From xbox live service: If your Xbox 360 Console is getting stuck on a black screen when trying to launch games or apps, hold tight! We are working toward a fix for the issue right now. Thanks your patience during this time. Check back for an update on our
    progress.
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

I have the digital license and the dvd as well

well if you playing the digital version from the marketplace you will not need the disc but if you are playing a version of the game saved to the hard drive from the disc, you will need the disc in there if playing that version of the game, but the marketplace
    one a disc is not needed.
  6. HyruleBalverine Win User

If a game has been delisted from the digital store, can I still download it from a disc?

If there is a disc available you can always install and play from the disc. You cannot "download" the game from the disc and play without it; you'll still need to insert the disc so that the system knows that you own / possess the game.
  7. John Dowding Win User

I want my games to run off the disc not the digital copy

^ Az is correct, the only time the disc is active is when its installing, after that it plays from the HDD no option to play from disc.
  8. UHx1xHuey Win User

Installed game still reads from the disc drive.

Yes i am sure, I INSTALLED the game to the HARD DRIVE, But when i go to play the game it still reads it from the disc and not from my HARD DRIVE. The disc drive is reading the GAME DISC normally from the disc drive, But it should be reading it from my hard
    drive because i have it installed to my HDD. But it dose not, It still reads it from the disc drive. And i played it for like an hour lastnight and and it read it from the disc the whole time. And not from my HDD.
Thema:

Play from disc

1. Play from disc - Similar Threads - Play disc

2. Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs: Just as said before my series X reads games like MK 1, but sekiro or cod ww2 or any xbox one games, even if it's a cross tittle, just recent games. Bought at 2021, no warranty anymore...
  3. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  4. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  5. Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...: Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i need help pls. by 5f17215b-1c92-4aeb-a266-cddb5f0e3f6e
  6. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  7. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  8. Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?: I have a quick question. Is it possible to play DVD -r type discs on my Series X? I'm not playing anything illegal, just old wrestling shows. I know that they're not the same as a typical DVD, I...
  9. I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...: Is there any way of me trying to fix this problem. It’s not a hardware issue at all it’s a brand new series X console. a0ee6023-059f-4c37-8e25-79060bed293c
  10. Can you play the NBA JAM Xbox 360 disc on Xbox one and series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play the NBA JAM Xbox 360 disc on Xbox one and series x ?: Can you play the NBA JAM Xbox 360 disc on Xbox one and series x ? 0bef4aae-8237-41a3-bf4f-8998f8b3600a