Play button greyed out or game page only showing "install to"

Discus and support Play button greyed out or game page only showing "install to" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xcloud (Android App and browse) "play" option is either grey or replaced by remote installation option ("Install to"). In the last three days, I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Labronicon, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Labronicon
    Labronicon Guest

Xcloud (Android App and browse) "play" option is either grey or replaced by remote installation option ("Install to"). In the last three days, I have tried to: unistall/install app; clear cache; reboot my devices. I have also checked my location (UK) and made sure it was accurate. None of these options have worked so far and I am paying the subscription (Game Pass ultimate). Any suggestions?

:)

Labronicon, Jul 3, 2023
  2. Leonardo Fernandes S Win User

I have exactly the same issue too!!!

I have gamepass ultimate until 2026
  3. Stefan Paul1 Win User

It's quite strange your situation, are you absolutely sure you have "Game Pass Ultimate" and not just have "Game Pass for Console"?
    Do you have an active VPN?
    Hello I have exactly the same issue since Sunday now!!! And seems like the support can’t help me either!!!!
  4. Janet_C Win User

Check that the region set in your profile is correct:

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

Login at this link

https://account.xbox.com/Settings

And in the part of "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety" set all features related to multiplayer, communication and friendship to "Allow".

If it won't let you log in to set up your account, there may be two reasons.

1. The date of birth of your account is underage, check it in this link:

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

2. You are a member of a family group, check it in this link

https://account.microsoft.com/family/home

If you are a minor, you must enter a family group and the family group administrator must configure your account in the same way that I indicated initially.
  5. Janet_C Win User

It's quite strange your situation, are you absolutely sure you have "Game Pass Ultimate" and not just have "Game Pass for Console"?

Do you have an active VPN?
  6. Labronicon Win User

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I am based in the UK and I have Game Pass Ultimate for console and I am using the XBox Game Pass app (anyway, it isn't working in my console either). I have also tried with another network.

Best regards,

Federico
Thema:

1. Play button greyed out or game page only showing "install to" - Similar Threads - Play button greyed

2. Xbox cloud gaming - play button greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming - play button greyed out: I am facing an issue where I'm not able to cloud play any games. I tried on multiple devices and on most devices the play button is greyed out for all cloud gaming game options, while on windows,...
  3. Xbox cloud gaming - Play button greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming - Play button greyed out: I am facing an issue where I’m not able to cloud play any games. I tried on multiple devices and on most devices the play button is greyed out for all cloud gaming game options, while on windows,...
  4. Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out: I just purchased the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a new Xbox controller. I was able to successfully connect the controller to both my MacBook Pro and to my iPad however I cannot play any...
  5. I got minecraft today, and I was trying to play multiplayer, but the button is greyed out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got minecraft today, and I was trying to play multiplayer, but the button is greyed out...: I don't know why it's greyed out. I've already gone and checked that multiplayer, and other buttons are allowed. I even blocked it and allowed it again, but the button was still grey without a...
  6. Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....: Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out. Is there a fix for this? 9f06d45e-80bd-48a1-856d-8ec718c7af49
  7. XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME.: [img] I have been trying to get into a game for about 1 hour but the start game button stays gray, switched browsers multiple times, signed in and out of the account multiple times, Disabled all...
  8. Why is the 'play' button greyed out on Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the 'play' button greyed out on Xbox Cloud Gaming: I've tried it on both mine and my husband's accounts, on about 8 different devices in total. All games on all devices and all accounts, the 'play' button is greyed out....
  9. XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME: Hello, My xbox game pass is not able to cloud stream to my apple device. I have game pass ultimate and live in the Belgium and I have a iphone 12. It worked like a six hours before and now my play...
  10. i just downloaded the app on my samsung galaxy a03 and the play button is grey out i dont...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just downloaded the app on my samsung galaxy a03 and the play button is grey out i dont...: the play button is grey out and i want to play on it 1aff2cdc-264d-40fa-b608-27ce59ebb0d1